Philip Schofield

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Hopefully this isn’t a controversial subject but here goes.

I never watch Good Morning Britain and have absolutely no interest whatsoever what Philip Schofield has or has not been up to, does anyone else think the papers (gutter press) are hounding the poor bloke? Surely his private life should be that…..private.

Leave him alone for goodness sake otherwise it could have tragic consequences, god forbid he finds it too much and takes his own life but it’s happened to celebrities in the public eye before and can happen again.

What do others think?

• Like 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

I'm in complete agreement with you  @Fan of Big Tone.I can't see what all the fuss is about. What anyone does in their private life is of no interest to me as long as it's legal and all involved are consenting adults.I don't watch Good Morning Britain either and neither like nor dislike Philip Schofield.This all seems like  a witch hunt that gives publicity to a TV programme who's ratings need a boost.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

there are things which sound inappropriate on his behalf, such as the lad he had a fling whilst married. he came out as being gay, because he thought that the relationship would be leaked and he wanted to beat the news of it. That lad was young, when phillip became involved and landed him temp work, in the future once he was 18, he worked on the set of this morning and other shows phillip assisted him with. That relationship was totally inappropriate, I'm not suggesting the lad was groomed but it's very iffy. he said he was against his brothers actions and would not defend him, yet he did in court. hes being no more hounded than michael barrymore. there is something suspicious about him.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

My wife used to watch Good Morning all the time and she does keep up to date with what's going on via social media etc. She knows a bit more about this situation than I do.

From what I have seen, when she's had it on, is that Holly and Phil had great chemistry and always put on a good show. 

I don't know to much about the situation to really have an opinion on him. 

But, we all know what the press paper media people are like. They hound people so much when they should really just leave it alone after a bit. Make a story then be done rather than persistently carrying on the onslaught. 

Take Gazza for instance. All you have to do is watch his documentary on the BBC to see how negatively the media can effect a person's life. Caroline Flack is also an example of the media needing to only go so far with a story. 

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
46 minutes ago, KB1862 said:

Caroline Flack is also an example of the media needing to only go so far with a story. 

That’s who I was thinking @KB1862 but I couldn’t remember the name, Gazza is a good example too.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

@liampiehas nailed it, and there are still a lot of questions that need answering on how long he knew the lad before he had an affair with him. Officially Schofield has said 15, but there are also reports that it was a lot longer than that. Very suspiciously, his agents have dropped him like a stone.

It is all very, very iffy and the press are like a dog with a bone and they won’t let this lie until the whole truth comes out.

• Like 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

Philip is as untrustworthy as his brother. There seems to be more to the story, but everything is being kept quiet. He’s just another Jimmy Savile. I apologise, but he tried to portray himself as a victim when he’s not.

Phillip Schofield has categorically denied grooming his former This Morning colleague but said their later affair was "unforgivable".

Schofield, 61, confirmed the pair met when the younger man was 15 but said their interactions until he was an adult were just about "career advice".

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2023/0601/1387014-phillip-schofield-is-utterly-broken-and-ashamed/#:~:text=Phillip Schofield has categorically denied,just about "career advice".

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

I know people tend to assume the worst, but I think they’re being overly generous towards Phillip Schofield. Something about him doesn’t seem quite right. Not to be controversial, but his previous relationship doesn’t make sense. I wonder what his wife knows about his habits. It wouldn’t surprise me if Phillip is like his brother. These things often run deeper than what people see on the surface. I have no sympathy for him when he’s had the opportunity to be honest but hasn’t been. Coming out as gay on national TV wasn’t brave; he didn’t need to do that, but something compelled him to.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  455
  • Days Won:  2

Phillip Schofield may not be perceived as some people expect, but there are things he is not revealing. It would be in his best interest to be completely truthful.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

While he has a right to a private life, it's clear that this wasn't a relationship between equals. If one word from a more powerful person could end your career, how easy is it to get out of it? It's quite easy to imagine a situation where you feel you HAVE to say yes, however enthusiastic you were at the beginning. That's why relationships like this are dubious and a potentially sackable offence, especially for someone who has cultivated a squeaky-clean image. 

A part of me is dreading Gordon's tell-all interview 😮

Just try not to speculate too much please! 

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,726
  • Days Won:  27

I believe that the right to a private life becomes blurred when national television is used as a platform to project personal messages. At the time, his intentions seemed questionable, but now it appears that there was a deeper motive. This leaves me feeling uncomfortable that This Morning and ITV would be so blind as to allow Phillip to essentially lie on television for his own agenda.

Since reading about it, I have lost trust in him. I think he is not being scrutinised more closely because he comes across as a nice, lovable person on television. However, he should be investigated like his brother has been, as there seems to be something there. It may not be underage-related, but his relationship with the younger lad does seem to show signs of abuse.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It's intriguing how individuals who often come across as amiable and well-mannered tend to have their less-than-admirable traits revealed when situations begin to unravel. In this particular instance, we can see that very pattern taking shape. A gentleman recently found himself in the public eye as he courageously disclosed his sexuality on national television, subsequently separating from his public relationship. However, it would seem that whenever there's even the slightest chance of further uproar concerning him, his screen presence is curtailed, leaving one to surmise that ITV may be involved in safeguarding his image. Of course, it's imperative not to pass judgement on someone until they have had a fair hearing, yet there appears to be more to Phillip Schofield's narrative than he's divulged thus far. His conduct seems more aligned with panic, which inevitably casts doubt on his true intentions. The situation certainly raises questions and warrants a closer examination of the matter.

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

20 hours ago, Fozzy said:

@liampiehas nailed it, and there are still a lot of questions that need answering on how long he knew the lad before he had an affair with him. Officially Schofield has said 15, but there are also reports that it was a lot longer than that. Very suspiciously, his agents have dropped him like a stone.

It is all very, very iffy and the press are like a dog with a bone and they won’t let this lie until the whole truth comes out.

well he denied knowing from a much younger age, having a photo taken at that point and coming out with a prince andrew type comment about not remembering him, despite letter exchanges and future establishing contact when he was what, 13? to say, no its officially 15. you cant move the goalposts.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I read 'Schofield' in a headline about being arrested due to alleged relationships and incident acts with minors. I instantly assumed it was about Phillip. I didn't know he had a brother. But there's something within their past that makes me feel this behaviour seems normal.

Phillip did an interview where he said he was shocked when his brother told him, it sounded scarily causal.

He mentioned that he told his brother to shut up and that he didn't want to know. That he had his brother swear it was just the one time but decided not to report it. I'm sorry, that alone is suspicious. Firstly, Phillip should've gone straight to the police instead of keeping quiet. Why did he say he wanted to talk to the police but also wanted to protect his brother from getting in trouble? Phillip even went as far as stating that he didn't hate his brother!

I wouldn't have been so coy about it; I would tell them to either hand themselves in or I would call the police.

I don't care, this stuff is serious, and it ruins people's lives. I wouldn't hide it, swear to secrecy. The fact Phillip has been on record saying this stuff, it makes me wonder if he was mindful about his own life choices. I actually liked Phillip at one point, but I think his trustability and actions have been questionable ever since all this news came out.

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/06/02/phillip-schofield-interview-this-morning-affair-bbc-the-sun/#page/1

I hope the police investigate Phillip. The press should not harass people. However, Phillip could have helped himself and the situation, but he didn't.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

It is rather interesting to observe the complex nature of public figures like Phillip Schofield. While his decision to come out on This Morning was a personal one, it's understandable that some could view this as a potential diversion. It is essential to approach such topics with open-mindedness and critically evaluate all aspects before forming judgments.

Moreover, it appears that there might be certain elements of Phillip's personality and actions that are not immediately visible to the public eye. It is not uncommon for individuals to have multifaceted characters. As for Holly's interaction with Phillip, it could be mere speculation to assume her intentions without any concrete evidence.

Having said that, discussing such matters with diplomacy and respect for all parties involved is crucial. After all, we can never fully grasp the entirety of someone's life through the lens of media portrayal.

• Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t know about you all, but I am absolutely fed up with the constant coverage of the Phillip Schofield drama. Every time I turn on the TV or scroll through social media, there it is, staring me in the face. It’s like we can’t escape it!

Don’t get me wrong, I understand that it’s a big story and people are interested in it. But honestly, it’s just getting to be too much. It’s taking over everything and it’s starting to really annoy me.

Can we please just move on from this and focus on something else? There are so many other important things going on in the world right now that deserve our attention.

• Love 1