The search for new CEO begins

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,680
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Notts are actively seeking to recruit a new CEO to replace Jason Turner who sadly passed away recently.

Whoever it is have big boots to fill.

Read more here:

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/eastmidlands/news/2072551-magpies-begin-search-for-new-ceo

• Like 20
  • Love 3

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

You're right, they're big boots and I hope whoever does come in continues Jason's approach with the fans @Fan of Big Tone.

It would be highly advantageous for the club if one of the brothers could become more engaged. Despite their busy schedules and management responsibilities, collaborating with an experienced CEO would offer valuable insight. I'm not suggesting the Reedtz are only partially involved, not at all. They are good at making decisions, but having more hands-on experience in running the club would be beneficial for the club.

Whoever comes in, I hope they get behind the fans and tries to just get an understanding of Notts from the perspective of how the club is progressing.

• Like 18
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,102
  • Days Won:  2

I hope the new CEO is someone with a kind personality who is also business-focused. Ideally, they should have connections and be well-respected. The CEO must be carefully chosen, much like the manager. The wrong appointment could cause issues behind the scenes if they come in wanting things their way.

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  196
  • Days Won:  0

I trust the Reedtz to bring in someone sensible. It would be nice if they have a pre-existing connection to the club, but that does seem unlikely. Whoever comes in will have to talk to people about Jason, just to get an idea of how much he meant to everyone.

• Like 14

• Content Count:  101

Whoever takes over the position will not have much time to get to grips with the job. Thankfully, the club operates quite effectively, which should make the transition easier.

• Like 12

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

If the individual in question demonstrates even half the level of concern that Jason Turner did and is able to establish a similar rapport with the players and staff, then we will have found someone capable of carrying on his legacy.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Whoever comes in will be held to a high standard, but I hope whoever it is continues Jason Turner’s good work. The club needs an active CEO. Some might wish for the position to be retired in honour, but I think the best way is to hire someone who can complete what Jace started.

• Like 9

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

its a difficult job, which needs a lot of hands on experience and i would hope the board chooses someone who has a good reputation in the game. i would prefer someone unconnected to the club, because sometimes that can get in the way of real progress behind the scenes.

• Like 13

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,856
  • Days Won:  5

We won’t know what the CEO is really like, but I hope they are good with PR and can write supportive updates to get the fans onside. Jason Turner was very good with his communication; it felt personal and directed at you.

• Like 12

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

The CEO just helps with the daily running of the club; the chairman(s) are actively involved but the CEO reduces their workload. The Reedtz brothers will find someone they like, who is hardworking and will lead the club by example.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,376
  • Days Won:  17
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

The CEO role is very important; I would imagine the Reedtz have spoken to a few names already but have wanted to give grieving time with the loss of Jason Turner. I would be surprised if we don’t hear of news within a few weeks, what with things starting to progress.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

I don't really agree with @Chris that the brother's need to be more hands-on. Until now they've set (and stuck to) a strategic direction, brought competent people in who can make it a reality and left them to do their job. It's been a recipe for success so far.

I'm sure they'll find an experienced football administrator who fits the ethos of the club and is a good communicator with staff and fans alike.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

45 minutes ago, DangerousSausage said:

I don't really agree with @Chris that the brother's need to be more hands-on. Until now they've set (and stuck to) a strategic direction, brought competent people in who can make it a reality and left them to do their job. It's been a recipe for success so far.

We can't always agree. :) 

My reasoning is that when they arrived, they knew nothing about the running of a club and I remember the early statements by them and Jason Turner.

In which they said as much, how keen they were about being involved in the clubs operations.

Losing Jace is a big thing, I am sure the brothers as co-owners has been heavily involved but probably not so much in the daily running of the club. Christoffer Reedtz as the chairman, I would've thought would it would be a good idea if he was around picking up further experience and ensuring that the club continues the path outlined by the board. I didn't quite say, that both need to involved as a must. Yet for me, it would be beneficial because within those 4 years, I am sure things have been picked up.

As successful business owners, they wouldn't overstep their mark but ensure that what is existing continues because it's that what has helped to bring success. 

Just like a new manager, philosophies change and I believe it would be good personally.

Whoever comes in wasn't around two previous owners, nor will every effort it has taken to rebuild the solid foundations. I am sure we will find someone who will do the CEO role just fine, if they decide to keep things the way it is - so be it. None of us know how active either of the Reedtz brothers are, but I do know that they're responsible for a lot of the turn in clubs fortunes no matter who they give credit too. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

• Content Count:  510

Like others, I think the club will appoint the right person. I can’t see them allowing someone in without carefully considering what they want to do. If they come in and start slow, the new CEO will pick things up.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  862

The CEO that comes in will need to slowly implement their own ideas rather than thinking everything needs to change. I can see what @Chris is saying and to a degree, I think he’s right that the brothers need to be aware of what somebody new into an environment is like. I am sure they will appoint the right person.

• Like 8

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  726
  • Days Won:  3

The brothers will have a CEO in mind, I bet. The appointment will hopefully come before much of the planning for next season needs to commence though. We need everything to be smooth to keep this positive progression going. I’m sure it will.

• Like 6

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,483
  • Days Won:  9

I would hope the next CEO focuses on making the fans feel more involved and picks up from where Jason Turner left off. This is a family club that is nothing without its fans and while the celebrations together were great to see, we need to encourage hopefulness between club and fans.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

i am curious about the process the club will undertake in order to find a suitable ceo, i think pulling a business mind from outside of football might be a good call. someone who has a good history working with companies, as the football side will come with time. im not saying we will, but how many unemployed ceo are there that have football experience? probably not many. we might even recruit someone from the national league, i think that is quite likely.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  5,427
  • Days Won:  287

That's fair @Chris, we've experienced hands-on owners quite a few times, and they're the reason we plummeted four divisions. So maybe I'm scarred! It's hard to say exactly how involved the brothers are from the outside, but my impression is that they largely stick to the financial side. It's certainly worked well so far. 

Chances are they've learned a lot from Jason Turner over the last four years. Maybe they've added a potential successor to their contact book over that time? 

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

I believe the right person will be chosen to come in. I trust that the owners will carefully select the next CEO. They have already hired two great managers, so I have confidence in their decision.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

Good luck finding a new CEO! You know what they say, 'when one door closes, another one opens'. And let me tell you, that door is going to lead you to some amazing things. Just believe in the process and your owners. And hey, Jason Turner is irreplaceable but that just means that whoever comes in next is going to be even more amazing! And let's be honest here, you don't want a dud. Because if you wish for a dud, then you're just going to end up with disappointment. So yeah, just keep your head up and keep moving forward. And who knows? Maybe that new CEO is going to continue the start of your amazing journey.

PS. Great gesture with the photo of Jason Turner at Wembley, I am certain he watched over you. Very touching!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,319

CEOs are pretty standard; they manage people and look at ways to improve the business. They should have a fairly easy job coming into Notts. Their first priority for me would be to inform the fans and keep up the personalised approach that Jason Turner made so frequently when he needed to update us. After that, just make sure the staff are doing what they should be and are actually answering emails. I think the ticket office could do with some work too.

• Like 6

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  17

Definitely whoever it will be has very big boots to fill. 

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  733
  • Days Won:  2

The Reedtz will still need someone behind them who knows the game inside out and has contacts that can make things happen for the club. Personally, I hope that the next CEO has worked with bigger teams than one coming up from the lower leagues. I understand that whoever comes in should do a good job, but as we continue our journey, it would be handy to have someone familiar with League One, the Championship etc.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1,454
  • Days Won:  5

There should be plenty of candidates for the position. The job is quite standard in terms of what they do, but it is a demanding role that requires a lot of hands-on work and time. I trust the board to appoint a good CEO to continue from Jason Turner. His shoes may never be completely filled, but having someone who tries would help.

• Like 5