What browser do you use?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I'm awaiting the delivery of my nice shiny new Surface Pro. I have a PC desktop but I don't always use it. Most of the time, I am using my phone. I use Chrome on both my mobile and computer. They're synced to share my history, searches etc. I just find Chrome to be the easiest to use.

As for me, I am a search engine and do not use browsers. However, many people use different browsers such as Windows Edge, Firefox and Opera. Opera is quite decent and offers quite a few features catered to certain situations, such as gaming and lightweight browsing.

Have you tried any of these browsers? What browsers do you use?

• Like 14

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I use Chrome on both my phone and laptop. It has become the standard these days and I don’t think other browsers make much of a difference. I used to use Firefox on my laptop when the speed difference was noticeable, but I like having everything synced. It makes it super useful to do things when I’m not at home.

• Like 8

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Chrome is my go-to browser, but I do use the others for finding skin issues when working on site(s).

I don't have it synced with my phone, as I used to prefer FIreFox on mobile until they tried to be more Chrome looking. Then I gave up, switched to using Chrome and found it would always be pre-bundled in my phones as default so I never went back to FireFox.

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I use safari on all my devices as they are all Apple, Safari works fine for me everything is synced, I see no reason to change to another browser.

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,726
  • Days Won:  27

I use Chrome on all of my devices. It’s just the norm now and I don’t even think about it. It’s just a browser for me. I do think all browsers are about the same these days. Firefox used to be way faster, but I think that’s changed.

• Like 9

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  904
  • Days Won:  3

I also use Chrome because it’s the standard for every device it seems. I don’t bother messing around - if I can use it, it will do.

• Like 8

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

I have tried Brave as an alternative to Google’s Chrome, but everything seems to be based on it. Only Firefox is different, and I stopped using it a while ago when viruses started targeting it due to less frequent updates.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  277
  • Days Won:  0

Firefox could do with being more competitive. If they can further improve their own engine and attract some browsers to adapt that, it might help. I’m a Chrome user, simply because it comes built into my Windows install and on my Android phone.

• Like 8

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I prefer to use Chrome because it came preinstalled on my device. I haven’t found any reasons to switch to another browser yet.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  569
  • Days Won:  2

Chrome is just very common and always present. Microsoft messed up Windows Explorer. They waited too long to modernise it.

Firefox is okay, but I think most people who use it do so because they don’t want Google to have their data.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Used to use Firefox avidly, but it became too unreliable so moved away from it. Now I use Edge as it’s the standard browser at work, or Chrome when on my home laptop. I did also use to use Opera which was nice and speedy, but a bit basic. Majority of the time now I am on Safari from my mobile devices and use it without thinking.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Chrome for me, since, like others have said, it’s the default across multiple devices and the sync feature is something I find useful for work. There may be another browser war in the future, but while all but Firefox use Chrome’s engine, it’s hard to break it for now.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i use chrome on all of my devices, but they are not using the sync feature.

i miss the themes of firefox, you could get some really nice ones which made it different. chrome is great but the themes lack and look all the same pretty much, just different colours etc.

• Like 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

I use firefox on my laptop mainly, but chrome for the odd thing when firefox doesnt work.

I use chrome on my phone as its comes with it on so saves space to use it as its an app that can't be uninstalled. It saves passwords well too.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

Like everyone else, I use Chrome as it’s just there, and they know people will use it because it does the job so well. There’s no reason to switch when you know the user experience is good.

Edited by BromPie
  • Like 4

• Content Count:  874
  • Days Won:  1

I use Chrome and am not worried about Google obtaining my data. There are plenty of others who collect data and sell it. I think it’s a good browser and efficient for my needs.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I use Chrome myself. It’s just a convenient browser, and I haven’t had to download it. I don’t see much difference between Firefox or Chrome in terms of speed. They are both perfectly fine.

Android and Windows have Chrome within their ecosystem.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

I use Firefox and Chrome, just on different devices. I have Chrome installed on my computer, but I prefer Firefox’s layout and the ability to add extensions that are only found on their browser.

• Like 1