Youth Scholars sign deals

CliftonMagpie

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Congratulations to them all, I hope they make the grade and will feature in the first team in the years to come.

• Like 17

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,509
  • Days Won:  9

Well done, don’t let the minority of fans put you off because more will encourage and watch out for you than those who don’t understand what it means to be in your boots playing. I wish each of you all the very best and if one or two of you can establish yourselves in Notts in time, get ready to be adored and worshipped because we are a tight-knit lot.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Great news to see the youngsters sign up! Does the scholarship mean that Notts gets aid with paying their wages, or is this just the term for players who aren’t quite first-year pros? I find the changes in wording difficult to keep up with. It’s great news though!

• Like 15

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't know why, but I assumed they were already under contract, but I assume it means they have come out of the youth team now.

Why isn't Riley Reynolds mentioned? I thought he did well against Nuneaton Borough.

I hope this doesn't mean we didn't offer him a deal; someone more familiar with the youth team will have to clarify things for me. He might still be a youth player, but from what I have seen. Madou/Cassius Cisse, Charlie Gill and Riley Reynolds looked very good.

Oh, and the McGreagor I think that's how you spell his name looked good. Wasn't his name Brad McGregor?

• Like 16

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,462
  • Days Won:  15

It’s good to have all the scholars signed up. I noticed yesterday that the club’s U19s link had gone down, and this makes sense. It’s good to see so many prospects sign, but it’s not enough to stop here. The club needs to encourage first-team professionals to help bring the youngsters through. Find a mentor for Cisse, as he’s class; Aaron Nemane would be a suitable fit.

• Like 13

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

After what I would say was a successful pre-season from the perspective of the young players, with two remaining friendlies, it shows that the club has faith in them to continue their careers. I am delighted with this news and wish each of them well. I hope they all make the most of their time being involved with our setup.

Just because the likelihood of being a regular for Notts is slim, it does not mean they cannot move on when the time is right and drop down to work their way back up.

• Like 14

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Good, we need to be filing spaces with young players eventually. If they can't come in or get chance, then I wonder when we will ever get our own players involved.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

This is fantastic news, a positive sign, and hopefully, in a few years, some of them will be making our squad. It’s a good point for them to come into the team; we just need to get them experience and push them.

• Like 11

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  874
  • Days Won:  1

It’s very positive news that there are a good number of prospects, and I wish each of them well. Like others, I have hopes for a few of the names I have seen pre-season. Hopefully, we can get them close enough to be squad members and see what happens from there.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  419

It is encouraging to see a large number of young players transitioning into the scholarship program. This is a positive indication of the effective work being done by the academy. Hopefully, with time, some of these players will become members of the squad.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  372

It’s always a big moment when young players sign their first major contract with a club like Notts. It marks the beginning of an exciting journey, full of potential and promise. I wish these young players all the best as they embark on this new chapter in their careers. May they continue to work hard, develop their skills, and achieve great success with Notts County.

• Like 8

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,902
  • Days Won:  17

All the best to them all. Hope to see them in the first team in the coming years. 

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,906
  • Days Won:  162

its a bit hard to celebrate if notts dont start to give them time in the league or cup, the odd cup game does not do a lot but maybe not this season but the next, the better players need to be hitting at least 10-15 appearances.

i am happy for them but i worry that we will just waste the process, i really hope and want this to change.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  210

It’s great to see so many flourishing youngsters sign. I do have the feeling that Luke Williams will start to implement some into the first team in the right circumstances. With 7 substitutes compared to 5, it’s much easier, and if we are in cruise control in some of the games, then that makes things easier and tempting to throw on a youngster for the last 20 minutes.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  224

One or two may have a bright future for Notts; we will have to see how they all do. I like what I have seen of Cisse; he looks like a good player and will hopefully come through to the first team given the chance.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347

I am pleased to see so many young people signing new scholarship deals. Hopefully, the club can make a success of the B team, and in the future, it will pave the way for those players to make it into the first team.

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Days Won:  2

I hope Luke Williams is the manager who will start giving youths a chance and show no fear in playing them. A few of these do look like decent prospects that will only get better. I hope they do make it.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  19

This is great to see. It would be amazing if our academy could be the highlight of our club and produce gems for the first team. Our owners could save a lot of money by having a solid academy that produces real talent. I hope these lads make it, one way or another.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

I am glad to see so many young scholars sign deals; it looks like we are investing in youngsters’ futures, and I will be watching out to give my support to the B team.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

The more options there are, the higher the chance that one of them will make the grade. I am hopeful that this will be the generation that starts to progress from the academy, through the youth ranks to the first team. It’s exciting to see them signing new deals with the club, and the brief glimpses of them during pre-season are encouraging for the future.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

This is good news. Eventually, Notts will have homegrown players within the team if they keep pushing for it to happen. The club is in the right environment now to start making these changes and include pathways for them to progress in and around the first team. I hope the Notts academy becomes the crown jewel of our club.