Gateshead friendly incident

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’m not sure what this was all about but thank goodness these people weren’t terrorists.

• Like 3
  • Surprised 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

i read a news report that mentioned it was a gang? i am not sure how this comes about but i hope they are charged with something. its bizarre and dangerous.

• Like 10

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

It’s just crazy that this can happen, not only because it could have been a terrorist attack, but also due to the risks involved for people.

• Like 10

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

This is crazy! Thank goodness nobody was injured or hurt during this. I never would have imagined this happening within the United Kingdom, not even at that level.

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

I know it’s a serious issue, but things like this always make me think a group of clowns is going to jump out with a comedian like Benny Hill taking chase dressed as a police officer. If the Nottingham Post wrote about this, without seeing the picture, you wouldn’t believe it. Thankfully, nobody was hurt, but there’s some damage to the ground and pitch.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

It’s good that nobody was hurt. I can’t understand how it could have happened in the first place, but there’s always someone mad out there.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Reading the leaflet, it seems like a message worth promoting but the way in which it was seems to be totally uncalled-for. That's the issue with the world right now: people go to extremes to get a message heard.

It's very annoying TBH, I watched a YouTube video about this, and it was never mentioned that it was two cars.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t know much about it, but I just think the world is full of people who constantly make poor decisions.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  419

Words can’t express how stupid I think this is. If they intended to give out leaflets warning people, it could have been done in the stands. The issue is that it most likely wouldn’t make the press.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

They may feel that this is a crusade for them. However, I believe that the people involved are not the examples they perceive themselves to be. It’s disappointing because they could have been far more productive. If the message they tried to spread is true, it makes them appear foolish.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

It’s madness and quite pathetic that people think this is an appropriate way to spread their message. The shock value actually distracts from their cause.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

When I heard about it I thought it was bizarre and hilarious, but not now. It's a public death threat, and that carries a prison sentence. 

We can't just have anybody accusing people of stuff and calling for vigilante action. If they've got any information, they should go to the police. Otherwise, this is probably a personal grudge and harassment.

• Like 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618

I didn’t think it was all that funny. I thought it was a publicity stunt or a disgruntled former player. I very much dislike seeing people going to the extreme.

As the poster above said, this could be handled with the police and if that doesn’t get anywhere, go to the media. Don’t turn a football pitch into Wacky Races by throwing flyers straight onto the pitch’s surface.

If it’s harassment, it will be dealt with. If it’s more, then a journalist will probably take it upon themselves to find out the truth.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  686
  • Days Won:  0

It’s all just chaos and terrible. Some people are becoming bigger and bigger idiots, even if the intentions are true. It’s still stupid.

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

The stunt will put a lot of eyes on the message that they were trying to reveal, and that is probably why they did it, but it’s just madness. I do hope charges are issued, but at the same time, the claims made on the flyers need to be looked into properly too. Remember, the police are quite known for turning a blind eye to child abuse if it makes them look bad.