Andy Dallas to Barnsley

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Very strange considering they've been charged by the EFL, yet have been allowed to sign a player for a fee and seen it approved.

Andy Dallas has made a brilliant move on paper, as he rises to new heights and joins a club that can surely offer him numerous opportunities to score goals. I just feel if they've been caught funneling money from outside their board, who hasn't been approved. It would be more equitable to implement sanctions and penalties preemptively, rather than waiting for them to accumulate strength. This way, teams that have already faced penalties for infractions, such as Derby, are not unfairly disadvantaged.

• Like 16

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350
  • Days Won:  1

It’s a good move for Andy Dallas; he should adapt well, but it might take time. Barnsley is a club that won’t rush him.

• Like 12

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Andy Dallas is getting a big step up, but he should do fine for them. They have a decent enough squad that won’t require him to score instantly, but if he hits the ground running, their fans will be happy.

• Like 12

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Barnsley are taking a bit of a gamble by signing Andy Dallas. He had one very good season in the National League and two average ones. The last time he was in the Football League, he struggled with the step up in quality. It’s good for Andy Dallas, as if it doesn’t work out, a League Two team will surely sign him. However, he was younger the last time and may have found his confidence in scoring goals. We’ll have to keep an eye on this one.

• Like 11

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

I believe Andy Dallas will do well. It’s not the Championship, and League One will provide a good opportunity for him to demonstrate what he has learned from playing in the National League. Good luck to him!

• Like 10

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

League One is a shot at redemption for Andrew Dallas. Did he play for Cambridge United in League Two? There’s a vast difference in quality between those two teams. He should do fine. Good luck to him.

• Like 8

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  732
  • Days Won:  3

He only looked good with Chesterfield, so I am surprised he has moved up to League One. However, Barnsley may be more inclined to take the gamble on him, knowing that other teams may help them salvage some of their fee if it does not work out.

• Like 10

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

A club like Barnsley would always convince a player like Andy Dallas to sign over any League Two team. I think we should be thankful that he hasn’t ended up in the same league as us because it’s competition we do not need right now. Good luck to him!

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

For me, it’s a bit strange. I think Barnsley might be a risky move for any player at the moment. It depends on how the EFL handles their charges, but for a young striker, you want stability and a level of certainty. These are all things that they can’t offer right now, in my opinion.

• Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Andy Dallas is a decent player, but I do think it will take him time to adjust to the standard of League One. Barnsley might be patient, but I can imagine him being sent out on loan at some stage.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

I’m not sure what to make of it. If they gain promotion too quickly, I’m not sure if he would be able to perform well in the Championship. Perhaps Dallas should have considered signing for a team in League Two. Only time will tell if it will prove to be a good move.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

to me it seems like a good move for both players but if he dont hit the ground running, barnsley need to give him time. its a step up but he has shown with chesterfield he knows where the net is. he could be a great capture for them.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

I understand why Andy Dallas has decided to join Barnsley. It’s a good opportunity for his career, and once the club gets out of its current mess, they should be back on their way to the Championship. That, for any young striker, is enough to turn heads. It’s a great chance for him.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  373
  • Days Won:  0

Good luck to Andy Dallas. I don’t blame him for choosing League One and Barnsley. It could pay off nicely for him.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Andy Dallas should be more than ideal for Barnsley. People said that Kyle Wootton wouldn’t be able to cut it in League Two, but although it took him some time, he eventually shone. I feel it will be the same for Dallas. You don’t get spotted by Rangers if you don’t have something special. He has enjoyed his time in the National League, and I hope he does well in League One with Barnsley.

• Content Count:  210
  • Days Won:  0

I think Andy Dallas may have bitten off more than he can chew, but what do I know? He may do well, but I didn’t think he played that well against Notts. League One has many teams that play similarly to us, but with more experienced players.