• Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 12

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,119
  • Days Won:  17

Well it seems that the Recruitment Team have taken on the worries that Notts Fans have regarding defensive players and a Goalkeeper. Alex had 16 clean sheets last year and just missed out on the Golden Gloves for League 2. Hopefully he and Tiernan Brookes ( who should be promoted to the Notts Senior Squad) can form a decent partnership and help and push each other. He was signed for an Undisclosed Fee. Why do Notts persist in saying this, just tell us Fans how much he cost. It will come out eventually so why Not Tell the Fans from the start?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Absolutely delighted with this signing and welcome to the lane Alex. Your sixteen clean sheets is very impressive for last season.

Notts have learned from last season and are making the signings Notts really need.

The recruitment team are doing a great job after the criticism they had for some of last season's recruitment.

I would like to see another right footed central defender, a tigerish defensive midfield player and a right footed wing back  

CMON U PIES.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I am very pleased by this signing. Alex Bass has the potential to improve and become a very reliable keeper for us. I am even more impressed that we managed to agree terms on a deal to move him here permanently.

Paying a fee for your keeper at this level, to me, always shows faith in their ability - as it's very easy to pick up one of the many released keepers. There's nothing wrong with that, but it shows conviction and belief that the money is being well invested. I believe this is the case with Bass, his experience already at our level should give us a nice boost, along with the two new defenders. Give him time, let the squad settle, and I am sure he'll impress for us.

• Like 11

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  285
  • Days Won:  0

I can’t contain my excitement about Alex Bass joining us. Having watched him play for AFC Wimbledon, I can say we’re getting a top-notch goalkeeper. His clean sheet record alone is incredibly impressive, but it’s his leadership at the back that will make a huge difference. With Platt and Bedeau also joining, our defence is shaping up nicely. I’ve got high hopes for the upcoming season with Bass as our last line of defence. Here’s to fewer defensive struggles and more victories!

• Like 7

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,503
  • Days Won:  9

I’m beyond thrilled about this signing!

Alex Bass is highly regarded in League Two and League One, and for good reason. His clean sheet record last season was phenomenal. We’ve had our defensive issues, but with Bass in goal, I believe we’ll see significant improvements.

He’s also great on the ball, which fits perfectly with our playing style. It’s always reassuring when the board makes such smart moves. Looking forward to seeing how the team gels with him.

• Like 7

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Fantastic news indeed! Alex Bass’s outstanding season at Wimbledon is a testament to his skill between the posts. His arrival promises to bolster our defensive line significantly for the upcoming season. With his proven track record, Bass is set to be a tremendous asset for Notts County, and we can’t wait to see him in action. Here’s to a future filled with clean sheets and defensive prowess!

• Like 5

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

The club’s latest signing highlights their keen eye for spotting talent and acting swiftly to secure promising players, even if it involves a fee. While the exact amount we’ve paid remains unknown, I’m confident that investing in Alex Bass will prove to be money well spent.

Alex Bass appears to be the epitome of professionalism, and I’m truly excited to see him guard our goal at Meadow Lane. His presence is sure to bring a new level of security to our team’s defence.

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Some interesting stats for Alex Bass 

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I believe it’s a great signing for Notts. Securing a goalkeeper with Alex Bass’s reputation, even for a fee, shows smart recruitment. The club has done well to bring him on board. While such deals can sometimes turn out poorly, this one is complete and looks promising.

A three-year contract is an ideal duration for Bass to develop further in his role. Moreover, I’m confident that Tiernan Brooks will benefit from working closely with Bass, rather than being overshadowed. It’s an opportunity for Brooks to learn and improve.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah really good signing this one, I’m very happy we’ve targeted him and signed him permanently too. Some really good stats, as shown in @ARLukomski goalkeepers post, really hopeful he can be the No.1 for a number of years.

I’m surprised Wimbledon didn’t prioritise him and try to sign him first though, they’d have probably been able to agree a kind of verbal deal at the end of the season. I don’t expect the fee to be high either, sounds like Sunderland were quite happy to let him go from their statement.

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  455
  • Days Won:  2

The signing of Alex Bass is both good and exciting. He seems like a strong choice for our level, and the club has done well to secure him. I’m hopeful this will lead to more season tickets sold, as it’s clear our owners are committed to strengthening the squad. With the goalkeeper position now sorted, it’s a positive step towards helping the team grow.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I’m curious to see how Bass will perform with better teammates and our squad’s depth. It might be too soon to talk about promotion, but these signings should really support Stuart Maynard in his role.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Days Won:  1

Alex Bass is an excellent acquisition. He’s a first-rate goalkeeper who could have a long future at Notts if he performs well. It’s time for a keeper to establish himself for the future. Sam Slocombe has been reliable with his experience, but it’s time to move forward.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  2

It’s good to have a keeper like Alex Bass who has a lot to offer. I do feel for Aiden Stone, though; he didn’t seize his opportunity. With Sam Slocombe’s injury issues, Tiernan Brooks could be the right backup. Brooks might still get game time this season, and having experienced players is always beneficial.

• Like 2