• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Has anyone heard from @AmericanPie ?

I hope he’s ok, I’ve not seen him post for a while.

If you are still around and reading this we miss you mate.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I haven't heard from him for some time, I have been wondering myself. I'll speak to @super_ram because I know they have communicated on here, I hope he's okay.

• Like 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I've been reading and liking some of his past posts, but have not seen a response for some time.

I do hope he's ok. I just presumed he was taking a break. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

last time i messaged him, he mentioned that he wanted to visit his family in the uk and visit other places. he might be making the most of his retirement and health issues by taking this chance whilst he can.

at least i hope so.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I have some sad news to share. I’m David’s neighbor, and he’s unfortunately dealing with two serious health issues that have greatly limited his mobility.He’s quite stubborn and didn’t want to worry anyone, but it’s unlikely his condition will get better. I’ll make sure to pass on any concerns and comments to him.

• Sad 14

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I’m saddened to read this. Please let @AmericanPie know that we are thinking of him and hope he is as okay as he can be. Many of us will miss his contributions, but also his personality.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Supporter+

Sorry to hear this. Thank you so much for letting us all know. We are all thinking of you @AmericanPie 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

Supporter+

Thank you for letting us know I’m so sorry to hear this, please send our best wishes to David, I hope he can get some treatment to alleviate his condition. He has often spoke on here fondly about his kind neighbours thank you for looking after him.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

please tell american pie that we miss and wish that hes okay. you will see we have a lot of respect for him and he is greatly missed. always had a lot of time for him and how he enjoyed talking on here. he is in my thoughts. :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 8

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

Please keep us updated when you can, and make sure to let @AmericanPie know our thoughts. It was clear that he appreciated the insights we shared, and I hope he's still able to stay informed. I'm sorry to hear this news and greatly valued his contributions to PON. It's very sad.

• Like 3
  • Love 6

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,339
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you for letting us know, @AmericanPie. I wish you well. I wondered why he hadn’t been active for some time. It’s sad news that he can’t enjoy his mobility. Please let him know many of his friends here miss him. As for stubbornness, it’s an English trait most of us have.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  3,449
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

@AmericanPie comes across as a very devoted fan who is friendly and cares a great deal about being part of a community. He’s not forgotten, and the small number of people who replied to this don’t reflect the many members who appreciate his contributions over the years. It doesn’t sound encouraging for him, but I always have hope. So, please tell him to keep fighting and listen to the health professionals he sees. I hope he’s okay. Thank you for the message.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

Supporter+

I hope you can keep us informed as to how @AmericanPie is doing and you can pass on our messages to him, hopefully it will cheer him up to know fellow pies fans are thinking of him.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Days Won:  5

Please send my well wishes to @AmericanPie. Like others before me, I am saddened to hear about his health problems. He had mentioned some in the past, and it seemed they had been taken care of. I wish they had been for him.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

Please send my well wishes to @AmericanPie. I hope you can update us from time to time. We are a very caring community, and we see him as one of our own.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  616

I'm sorry to hear this. I don't recall coming across @AmericanPie, so he might not know me. Please do pass on my support and best wishes. 😔

• Love 5

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  3,392

On 14/08/2024 at 22:53, Fan of Big Tone said:

I hope you can keep us informed as to how @AmericanPie is doing and you can pass on our messages to him, hopefully it will cheer him up to know fellow pies fans are thinking of him.

I don’t know how well you all know David, but he’s not doing well at all, and no major improvements have been made. It’s very unlikely that things will get better. He can’t speak clearly or use his motor skills well. The care he’s receiving is mainly to keep him stable and make him as comfortable as possible.

I'm sorry the update is vague and not good news. I wish I could say something different.

• Love 3
  • Sad 5

Supporter+

@AmericanPie

Thank you so much for the update on American Pie. Just let him know that we are thinking of him, we miss him and we wish him well. 

• Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

I am very sorry to read such sad news. I am not familiar with American Pie, but I am sure he is well thought of across our community. Such an outpouring suggests so. Please let him know we are thinking of him.

• Love 2

Supporter+
1 hour ago, AmericanPie said:

I don’t know how well you all know David, but he’s not doing well at all, and no major improvements have been made. It’s very unlikely that things will get better. He can’t speak clearly or use his motor skills well. The care he’s receiving is mainly to keep him stable and make him as comfortable as possible.

I'm sorry the update is vague and not good news. I wish I could say something different.

Thank you for the update, although many of us on here have never met each other we are like a family and care about each other, even though David is many miles away we will all be sending positive thoughts and love to him in the hope that he is at least comfortable.

• Love 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's sad news, but we appreciate being kept in the loop. There are many here, who might not know David personally but will have taken a shine to @AmericanPie. He's missed on the site, but it's even sadder to think that he's extremely unwell.

I am thinking positive vibes and hoping that David can at least be comfortable in his situation. :(

Please do let him know we all care and pass on our messages. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I am very saddened to read this thread. It’s sad to think that one day someone here might no longer be around. I might not be the most active or conversational, but I enjoy reading people’s comments. Please tell @AmericanPie I am thinking of him.

• Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

I am awfully sorry to read about AmericanPie. I have seen comments from him in the past but never knew him on a personal level. I don’t know anyone that well on PON, but I do think the community cares about each other. That should be reminded to him.

• Love 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  525

It’s horrible to read this, I am very sorry. Is he being well looked after? I don’t want to pry, but I hope he’s got the support needed. I do remember him being thankful for having his lovely neighbours. I wish him well. Thanks for updating us.

• Love 1