New OS site

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2024/june/27/welcome--new-website/

It appears that clubs are now opting for unique websites. Personally, I had a preference for the old design. The new one seems a bit sophisticated, almost as if it’s meant for a restaurant or hotel.

I’m confident that it will grow on me in time. You can spot the difference by visiting the websites of other league teams, such as Hartlepool United. The website of Grimsby Town looks rather appealing.

I’m uncertain about the extent of Notts’ involvement in the new design.

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/

• Like 17

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I like it, but I do think it needs further improvements.

The navigation mostly looks nice, it uses a good mix of our traditional colours. The black menu could have more links to key areas and offer navigation underneath each section when hovered over. It's not very user-friendly to expect people to click on the hamburger menu to navigate further; that menu is also huge and cuts off the link to the mascot packages. The main design is also quite wide and very picture based, the latter is a more modern concept to web design.

I do like it though; the article page(s) are nicer and much easier to read.

One further concern, when ads start to appear on the site - the last version it became not as bad as the Nottingham Post but certainly unbearable at times. You're reading content, only to have a stretching advert take over.

It's important that ads are served; I am sure the club gets a decent revenue stream from that but caution needs to go into it.

I did chuckle when I made changes to PON, only to see it used as inspiration on the OS. Such as the featured content article style, the bottom and top navigations on handheld devices. Plus other things, at least some people won't be mistaken for me coping them. 😄

• Like 10
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i think the new os site looks a lot more promising, i do think it needs to be less full screen with the content but its a lot better looking than most football sites. this includes some premier league teams.

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It gets a thumbs up from me.

👍

• Like 11

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  2

At last, you can simply click on the club’s logo to go back to the homepage. Previously, you had to use the navigation. It’s a nice improvement!

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

It appears to be very appealing, indeed quite lovely.

• Like 11

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Yes, it appears much improved! The website is pleasant but enhancements to the navigation would be appreciated. It functions well on mobile, however, on desktop and tablet, the menu seems to cut out. It’s delightful to see us operating on a stunning OS.

• Like 12

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,517
  • Days Won:  9

The site looks fantastic, but just as you become familiar with one and know where everything is, they change it. However, it does look much more professional now.

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

I had a look on my phone earlier and a few bits and pieces were overlapping so you couldn't actually read them properly, but in terms of menu and overall layout I think it'll be easier to navigate round. I'm on the laptop now and the site looks absolutely fine for me, I'm sure they'll sort out these little issues in the coming weeks.

• Like 10

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  145

It looks good, but they should have waited to release it when there were fewer bugs. I’m sure it will be tidied up, but it’s currently a bit disorganised in places. The design is satisfactory.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

It looks fantastic.

With everything that Notts are doing on and off the pitch at the moment, they are doing it superbly, from the player signings, the PL standard pitch, the Nest, and the hi tech.

I can't fault Notts at all for what they are doing to improve all aspects of the club.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  285

It looks splendid, and I have no objections. With all the new shiny things, one might wonder if we’re bracing for some unpleasant news. But no, I don’t believe so.

• Like 5

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

It’s not an entirely new site, merely a new design. It’s a template applied over the old design, and all the clubs utilise the same CMS. While the design is appealing, it’s not a new site per se, just a fresh appearance.

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@KingMaynard actually, I don't believe it is the same CMS.

It does look like the club is using something called Urban Zoo, instead of whom the EFL partnered with back when every club used the same platform and design. It also appears our design is based on Hull City. The actual style I mean, as they 100% use the same content management system.

https://www.wearehullcity.co.uk/

The reason I say this, if you check the fixtures and then click the weirdly placed 'add' button. It takes you to a weird page for Hull City.

fgotUph.png

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/matches

wab5jq9.png

Hopefully, some of the code is tidied up over the next few weeks. I'm very curious about this new platform; it seems quite a few teams use them, including Nottingham Forest.

It also says in the article published on the OS, that they use Urban Zoo. I have only just read that entry.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

I must say, I’m impressed. It looks good and it’s a significant improvement over the standard site that came with the EFL rebranding. I noticed that they offer an app on the platform. I wonder if that’s something Notts plans to use? I’m sure they’ll switch to the store if they haven’t already. It makes sense to use a system where everything you need is included.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

The site is really pleasant, and I quite like it. I did observe that when I checked the hospitality staff and then clicked on the team link, the site’s URL changed but the page remained the same. However, these minor issues will likely be resolved over time.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  77

The new site is great! I hope the intrusive ads don’t make a comeback because they made reading articles a nuisance before. Now everything seems much more refined. I don’t mind ads, but the club needs to place them in areas that don’t disrupt the content.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  528

The site is fine, as was the old one. There’s not much difference aside from the design and navigation. If it makes the online shop and other features more streamlined, then it will be a good thing. I just wish the ticketing system was better; even TicketMaster is dreadful.

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  629

It looks similar but nicer. To be honest, I thought it was the same site, just redesigned. It's that close, but I still think it's impressive.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  881

Yes, it appears to be a nice design. I particularly like the menu area as it has a very modern look. I’ve noticed a few issues, but they’re easy to overlook. However, the club’s request for fans to report issues might be something they regret, given how particular some people can be.

• Like 1