Match Discussion: Game 4 - The Robins (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,268
  • Days Won:  80

Game 4 - The Robins (A)

Team: Swindon Town

Date: 31/08/2024

Where: County Ground

What line-up should Stuart Maynard opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 3

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

It will be interesting to see how SM approaches this game. There was a more cautious approach away to Tranmere. It was more about not losing.

Swindon are there for the taking. They aren't as poor as their results seem to indicate. They will improve IMO but it's a good time to play them. Notts need to press them. The one concern is crosses/set pieces. Swindon have the ability to punish us. That's an area that has to improve.

I'm going for a 2-1 win. 

• Like 10
  • Love 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Looking forward to the match.

Notts need to carry on with the form they showed from the Grimsby match into the Swindon game. Showing good consistency is the key to success.

The team that played Grimsby picks itself, however If Robertson isn't fit, Hinchy can replace him.

Key areas for Notts, combatting crosses from corners, free kicks, & in open play from the flanks.

Keep concentrating at the beginning of each half and in injury time of each half.

Would be great to keep the unbeaten run going. I'm hoping for are 2:1 or 3:1 win. A clean sheet & a win would be even better.

• Like 11
  • Love 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't think we need to change much from the previous, hopefully, this will reflect in Stuart Maynard's starting XI.

Nick Tsaroulla has looked good ahead of Adam Chicksen, who for me hasn't been all that great. I hoped that Chicks would take the opportunity, but Tsaroulla looks good going forward and defensively. Unless a player elsewhere has a niggle or something, I really don't see the point in changing much. I don't think there's need for any tactical changes either, so this is a plus in my opinion over Swindon Town who might actually make two to three themselves.

How they started seems irrelevant as it's still very early.

It would be a positive to see Notts put on a strong performance away from home; we have a good chance to climb the League Two table and push ourselves nearer the top.

• Like 4
  • Love 13

• Chris featured this topic

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I am cautious of teams that desperately need a win. Swindon are in that exact situation, and so far, things have gone mostly in our favour. I think the game could unfold similarly to the Fleetwood match. While I hope it's not a draw, I believe they will try to make it difficult for us to play our usual game. Notts will need to be creative and outsmart them, so it will come down to finishing any good chances.

• Like 13
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

We will always be hoping for a win, but just as Swindon hasn’t had the best start, Notts needs to keep up the standards that have been set. I’m not at the game, but I think it will be quite even.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

Notts just needs to control the game and manage every minute, ensuring there are no defensive slip-ups. I can see the game being played like the opening-day game against Tranmere, but now we have a bit more quality ready to shine. The starting eleven would probably do much better, so I hope Notts can score a goal or two. As for Swindon, I wouldn't underestimate them, but I think our form is currently better.

• Like 15

• Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Playing Swindon Town while they are struggling should be an advantage, but at the same time, their fortunes could change, and we could be the unlucky ones. I agree with the calls to leave the team unchanged, allowing those players to settle and play further minutes, especially after a nine-day break. This could help them transfer any training groundwork into the game. So, I think Notts should be well-prepared for the match. It will be interesting to see how Swindon react themselves. I hope the game is open, rather than a difficult stalemate.

• Like 15

• Content Count:  616

I hope it wasn't a draw; Notts really needs a lift, and a win would improve our form for the upcoming matches.

• Like 8

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493

I wouldn't make unnecessary changes, as the team is improving and the starting eleven is showing signs of progress. I would just make sure we have options on the bench, just in case. I believe Curtis Edwards, having started against Grimsby Town, should keep his place in the team. Dropping someone who is in form and choosing someone who hasn't performed well sends the wrong message. Start with confidence, and if changes are needed, bring on the quality we have on the bench.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Days Won:  17

I think if he can SM should stick with the team against Grimsby and go all out on the attack. 

• Like 6

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Barring injuries we should definitely keep the same team, I don’t want to jinx anything but I think we can win this game. COYP!

• Like 12

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i do wonder how the new lad will fit in? i dont want to sound negative towards him but i think it would be wrong if he just made it straight into the first team. i want the players to keep working for the privilege so that we can get the very best out of them. hopefully, he does come on from off the bench but i dont think the team needs any changes unless we have injury concerns.

• Like 13

Supporter+

@liampie the new fella will possibly be on the bench.

He's very versatile and could fit into several different positions, so he'll be very useful.T

The only concern would be, can he cope with the physicality of league 2?

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

We don't need to change our playing style much. Stuart Maynard will probably keep the team the same. Everyone who played against Grimsby Town is healthy, so I expect the team to stay mostly the same. Jatta is a player that Swindon fans like. Let's hope he can score for us.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  367
  • Days Won:  0

I think we should go all out against Swindon. Press them high, force turnovers, and create chances. We need to be wary of their set pieces, but if we can dominate possession and score early goals, we can control the game. The team's recent form gives me confidence that we can get the win. Let's make it happen!

• Like 1
  • Love 9

• Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Don't worry too much about the recent games as it's still early. Swindon Town are playing at home, and the County Ground is a tough place to visit. They have beaten us when we thought it would be easier, so I think it's all about managing the game and taking our chances. Notts has the players to be clinical in front of goal. It should be an exciting game if we continue with our recent performances.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,128
  • Days Won:  2

Notts has the ability to make the game difficult for Swindon Town. Don't be afraid, and play to win. Our travelling fans of over 800 deserve to be impressed, so fingers crossed for a victory.

• Like 6

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

I hope Notts can win the game. It's a game I feel confident about, but Swindon Town might surprise us. I'll be watching to see if they sign any new players, which could affect the game. I feel Notts are well-prepared and have enough players to start getting results away from home.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Given the chance, I think we have to play through the middle a bit. Swindon might be expecting us to use the flanks, I think Tranmere Rovers assumed that and away from home we can't rely on the home advantage to lift the players. I really hope Curtis Edwards is rewarded for his superb game against Grimsby, I think he would make the difference again if we start bright enough.

I've been noticing a lot of comments about Kabongo Tshimanga lately. I think he's very overrated and has wasted a good opportunity at Peterborough to make something of himself.

He doesn't worry me, League Two might be more of his standard but if we play well defensively, he has always looked very average against us. He did when he played for Chesterfield, and he was in form for them. I don't want this to sound like I am dismissing Swindon's chances, I just think they'll have better options.

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Supporter+

It's Matchday.

CMON U PIES 

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  91

I`m hoping for a win but it will be close. Swindon Town need a win so they should not be underestimated.

COYP!

• Like 7

Supporter+

Team News

JATTA misses out due to his head injury against Grimsby. Robertson still out.

McGoldrick leads the attack today. Hinchy starts too.

CMON U PIES 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This is a perfect opportunity for McGoldrick to claim a permanent place in the starting line up, I hope he does well and gives Maynard a difficult decision for the next match.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

• Content Count:  365

Leads of players bump heads every week...Jatta wasn't ko'd...why the concussion verdict????

• Sad 1