Who's Your Notts Man of the Match v Carlisle?

Robbie

Who's your Man of the Match?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your Notts Man of the Match?

• Jacob Bedeau
    • Matty Platt
    • Alex Bass
    • Sam Austin
    • Alassana Jatta
    • Scott Robertson
    • Dan Crowley
    • Matty Palmer

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/24 at 21:00

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,208
  • Days Won:  187
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Here is your shortlist for the Notts man of the match.

Matty Platt, Scott Robertson, Alassana Jatta, Dan Crowley, Sam Austin, Alex Bass, Matt Palmer or Jacob Bedeau.

• Like 17
  • Love 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,208
  • Days Won:  187
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

This was a great performance by Notts tonight. All the players deserve to be on the shortlist & it was hard to pick one, so tonight I have chosen a shortlist of 8 out of the 14 players that played tonight.

From the goalkeeper, to the defensive unit, to the midfield & attacking unit they were all superb in my opinion.

I have decided to award Alex Bass the man of the match award for his second half performance, especially in that last 30 minutes, with two world class saves to prevent Carlisle from coming back into the game. 

Special mentions for Dan Crowley, Scott Robertson, Alassana Jatta, & Matty Platt for being the pick of the rest. But there wasn't much in it for all the 11 who started tonight.

• Like 18
  • Love 4

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,504
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Without Alex Bass tonight, we wouldn’t be celebrating the win. They might have come back or even won the game. It’s not that we were bad defensively, but we did rely on luck at times, and Bass was outstanding.

• Like 7
  • Love 15

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,367
  • Days Won:  1

I would have said Jatta if he had managed to stay on, but since he went off to a standing ovation with his name being chanted, it was great to see. However, Alex Bass deserves it.

• Like 17
  • Love 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,100
  • Days Won:  54

Yeah, as a comfortable as we were at times and even though Crowley got applauded off by the Carlisle fans, Bass was crucial for us especially in the later stages of the match.

• Like 10
  • Love 11

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,552
  • Days Won:  9

Alex Bass deserves to be named Man of the Match. He was superb and kept Carlisle out by being alert to every chance that got past our defence, and there were quite a few. Defensively, Notts was good, but without Bass, this game would have been different.

• Like 6
  • Love 11

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,499
  • Days Won:  15

Yes, I am voting for Alex Bass because I don’t see anyone else playing what I would consider a near-perfect performance. In terms of rating, he would be 9.7, which is exceptional.

• Like 13
  • Love 5

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,487
  • Days Won:  5

Alex Bass should easily win the votes from members. I can’t see anyone else coming close. Jatta and Scott Robertson were very good, as were others, but Bass was the standout player.

• Like 12
  • Love 4

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,340
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

No doubt in my mind that Alex Bass deserves to be named the Man of the Match, so he gets my vote. Everyone was praising his performance to me, even Chud the photographer. I thought Alex did excellently, and on my journey home I was further communicating with Liam Cole, and he agreed that Bass deserved to be named it.

Excellent performance by our keeper, who Staurt Maynard is correct in saying that he's the best in this league.

• Like 2
  • Love 14

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  2

Alex Bass is the obvious choice. He was outstanding, and his saves were crucial for us to keep the 2-0 win.

His performance made all the difference.

• Like 11
  • Love 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

I thought Scott Robertson did very well. He was a lively asset back in the squad and took his chance for the second goal well. I acknowledge that Alex Bass made some outstanding saves, but we missed Robertson after he went off.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,126

With Alex Bass’s performance yesterday, there’s no doubt in my mind. He’s a brilliant keeper!

• Like 11
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,046
  • Days Won:  162

how often does a keeper get an assist from being in his own area? not only brilliant saves to keep a clean sheet, but a superb ball straight to jatta to score. alex bass gets my vote.

• Like 9
  • Love 3

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  228

Alex Bass is my Man of the Match. He was calm and every save he made against Carlisle was key for us to win the game.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,163
  • Days Won:  3

I am going against the popular vote, not because Alex Bass doesn’t deserve it, but because I feel Scott Robertson deserves my vote for his performance.

He was really good coming back into the mix.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  57

Right after the game, I said Crowley. Ran the game in midfield and a crucial block on the line. We didn't look the same when he went off.  But having slept on it - it's Bass. Sure; he was lucky at times, but he rode that luck and pulled off a string of great saves. Probably the signing of the Summer, whatever he cost.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

• Content Count:  194

Alex Bass deserves the Man of the Match award for last night’s performance. He was commanding in the box, especially with all the crosses Carlisle put in. That late save he made was top-notch, but his overall game management was just as impressive. The way he organises the defence and communicates with the players around him makes a huge difference.

• Love 10

• Content Count:  906

For me, it’s Alex Bass all day. What a performance! He made that one crucial save towards the end, which could have easily been a goal. His awareness and timing were perfect throughout the match. Whenever Carlisle tried to get back into the game, Bass was there to deal with it. He’s got this calmness about him that spreads to the rest of the defence, and you could see it last night. His confidence in dealing with set-pieces and crosses gave us a real advantage.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  27

I voted for Jatta because his opening goal gave us the confidence to push forward and get a second. Without his touch of magic and the wonderful assist from Alex Bass, we wouldn’t have started so well.

It’s harder to vote based on audio commentary and match reports, but I still say Jatta gets my vote.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,958
  • Days Won:  5

I voted for Alex Bass. I would have worried if he wasn’t in goal. He’s such a talent at this level. He comes for everything and makes the right decisions 9 times out of 10.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

• Content Count:  103

Bass was immense between the sticks. It’s not just the saves he made, though that late stop to keep the clean sheet was absolutely vital, but his overall presence on the pitch. His ability to claim crosses and relieve pressure on the defence can’t be underestimated. Every time Carlisle put in a dangerous ball, he was there to snatch it out of the air or punch it clear. That kind of assurance is what sets him apart as one of the best keepers in the league.

The team defended well as a unit, but Bass was the standout for me. Even when Carlisle looked like they might get back into it, he kept his cool and made sure we held onto those three points. His performance was a big part of why we left with a 2-0 win.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

• Content Count:  466

Alex Bass really showed his quality last night. That late save to preserve the clean sheet was top class, and his handling of crosses throughout the match was excellent. He commands his area with confidence, and that relieves so much pressure on the defence. Carlisle had some dangerous moments, especially late on, and without Bass in goal, things could have turned out differently. He’s been consistently solid this season, but last night’s performance really stood out for me. Definitely Man of the Match material!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  681
  • Days Won:  1

Bass was outstanding again, especially towards the end. Kept us in the game when Carlisle started pressing. Easy choice.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  700

Alex Bass has to be Man of the Match. His shot-stopping and decision-making were spot on, especially during the second half when Carlisle pushed harder. That save late in the game was massive, ensuring we kept the clean sheet. But it’s not just about the saves – it’s the way he commands his area. You can see the defenders trust him, and that’s crucial when you’re under pressure. His ability to handle crosses and make the right decisions in the box was a key part of why we looked so solid at the back.

• Like 1
  • Love 6