Rob Milsom Returns!

samwatto2008

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Rob Milsom returns from Crawley Town on an initial loan deal.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/milsom-signs/

Personally I think this is poor and I am not a fan of this move one bit. Rob is a cracking player and guy but he only left in May and now hes back. Something not right here.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, samwatto2008 said:

Rob Milsom returns from Crawley Town on an initial loan deal.

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2018/august/milsom-signs/

Personally I think this is poor and I am not a fan of this move one bit. Rob is a cracking player and guy but he only left in May and now hes back. Something not right here.

Kevin did say that some players he wanted back but money was a problem 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,808
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Milsom can play left back, midfield so gives us options

May even play as a sweeper, sits in front of defence

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

Good signing

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Days Won:  25

Happy with it myself , offers experience and versatility, should have been retained in the summer for me 👍

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Yep, I’m definitely happy with that. :clapping:

• Content Count:  3,524

I think the club has more issues then what it appears to us fans, you don't release a player and then re-sign him along with the same clubs manager and assistant manager.

Rob Milsom is a good player but he barely played last season.

I am unsure how anything will be different under Harry Kewell even if Milsom does play left back or wherever, I still feel its the area that the club is strengthening. We all know that its the defence which is the problem so why sign another midfielder? Dan Jones and Andy Kellett are already left back options.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

i thought we should have kept him but bringing him back and using the remaining places we have on loan on this seems a poor decision.

we need a centre back, not a left back.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

If it’s all part of the Kewell deal does it really matter? He’s a talented enough player at this level and played very well before being dropped into oblivion. Some say it’s not a position of need but an upgrade in the centre of the park was essential as Husin/Vaughn partnership doesn’t seem the right mix and Hewitt might not be suited to the way we want to play. Upgrade is the wrong word but anyways, would prefer Crawford and Patching to not be forced into action and hopefully they are the long term solution, but short term not a bad player to have, barring any injury of course. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,065
  • Days Won:  54

2 hours ago, upthepies said:

I am unsure how anything will be different under Harry Kewell even if Milsom does play left back or wherever, I still feel its the area that the club is strengthening. We all know that its the defence which is the problem so why sign another midfielder? Dan Jones and Andy Kellett are already left back options.

I think part of the reason the defence has been so poor is because the midfield in front of it has offered very little protection. Vaughan can't cover the ground, Husin off the ball is weak and Thomas and Enzio don't always track back. Hewitt and Milsom in the middle both cover the ground, get stuck in and therefore offer the back four that little bit more protection. I hope Milsom is fit and can come in straight away because he's the type of midfielder we've been missing.

I never really wanted Kellet to come in and play LB, having seen him in the past he's too good on the ball and is wasted when he plays there in my opinion. I'd much rather see Milsom there if Jones is injured.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Well I read about this earlier and it just seemed very weird.

It's almost like those rumours of the ex players being pushed out is concerning someone and this is the effort to quieten those down, I don't know - I think it's very weird considering he barely played despite being one of the better performers. Don't get me wrong, I am glad he's back but I honestly don't feel we need him.

I prefer him in the middle of the park and that's an area he might struggle to fit in.

Him and Vaughan to start? If he goes in at left back, I honestly think people will want Dan Jones back in.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I am pleased Rob Milsom come back as I know we will get games like today from him, I feel he made Notts have something a little different but I wasn't quite sure what position he was playing.

Good performance by him, he looked a little nervous at times but no concerns over his fitness.

He looked much sharper than some of the Notts players on the pitch.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

If he can stay fit, he may do well and improve game play but it really depends on his match fitness.

• Content Count:  3,524

On 31/08/2018 at 16:03, menzinho said:

I think part of the reason the defence has been so poor is because the midfield in front of it has offered very little protection. Vaughan can't cover the ground, Husin off the ball is weak and Thomas and Enzio don't always track back. Hewitt and Milsom in the middle both cover the ground, get stuck in and therefore offer the back four that little bit more protection. I hope Milsom is fit and can come in straight away because he's the type of midfielder we've been missing.

I never really wanted Kellet to come in and play LB, having seen him in the past he's too good on the ball and is wasted when he plays there in my opinion. I'd much rather see Milsom there if Jones is injured.

Good points @menzinho.

I felt Milsom gave Notts something extra today that the club has lacked on the field.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I thought he had a good game and added a bit of bite in midfield, he certainly didn’t look unfit. At least he doesn’t need time to settle and get to know the players, he’s only been gone five minutes before he’s back.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

It's good to have Rob Milsom back, he's that type of player that will give 100% and seems focused on what he needs to do to help.

Archived