Should Notts appeal the Dan Jones sending off against FGR?

Chris

Should Notts appeal the Dan Jones sending off?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Notts appeal the Dan Jones sending off?

• Yes, the decision is very poor.
    • Maybe, it looks like a difficult challenge though.
    • No, Dan Jones is at fault.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I said to @Magic magpie how bad the decision was, you could forgive the foul as a 50/50 challenge and give both players a yellow card. I know some will respond that Dan Jones went in with two feet but their player ran into him for heaven's sack, he also made the first contact and then made an absolute meal of the incident.

Honestly, if he doesn't win an Oscar or some sort of diving award I will be surprised because he's at fault too. I feel the sending off is really harsh, you can clearly see Jones has his hands in the air in the picture below.

40593374_1816939698354192_10434063239594

• Chris featured this topic

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

maybe, i felt it was harsh myself but its two footed and thats what i think the ref would have seen.

Very poor decision and one I feel VAR would clear up, I'm not a fan of the current setup but the World Cup highlighted it could work.

If a player goes down having ran into a defender, it shouldn't be deemed a foul in my mind and yes the FGR player could have avoided it completely. He didn't even make contact with the ball, whereas Dan Jones did before the FGR player was even near him. There was no way he could have pulled out or prevented the incident himself, so why is he the only one to be punished despite their player fouling Jones?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  79
  • Days Won:  0

Happened right in front of me, two footed,off the ground & out of control, no doubt in my mind I'm afraid & all those around me agreed.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  2

You must sit near me @Ancientpie  said to my partner straight away red card, admitted one or two said around us both off.

9 minutes ago, macpie said:

admitted one or two said around us both off.

I don't think I would argue this decision if both players had received red, their player kept looking at the referee which indicated to me that he could have avoided it. Looked to me like one of those incidents whereby you hope for this outcome just to take one for the team.

Disappointing though.

• Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Both off for me. Jones silly to dive in 2 footed but the FGR player stepped onto Jones's foot looking to be with intent. But because one made more of meal of it than the other. Jones was the man to go. I voted for 'Maybe' but I think this will be reviewed and should be. Although Jones could do with a rest tbf. 

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was quite near too, it looked reckless to me, I thought the red got it right, put it like this if the roles had been reversed we’d have been screaming for a red.

1 hour ago, samwatto2008 said:

Both off for me. Jones silly to dive in 2 footed but the FGR player stepped onto Jones's foot looking to be with intent. But because one made more of meal of it than the other. Jones was the man to go. I voted for 'Maybe' but I think this will be reviewed and should be. Although Jones could do with a rest tbf. 

i have just watched the highlights posted by sam and yeah, it looked like both should have gone.

the forest green player did go into the foot of dan jones so i can see why some might feel notts should appeal. i would leave it as a lesson learned unless the club has stronger grounds to go on.

• Content Count:  79
  • Days Won:  0

I have moved from the Kop to the Pavis this season & it's almost unbelievable what a better view you get of this type of thing, no doubt last season I would have been chanting "you don't know what your doing" but I honestly can have no complaints.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I feel the red card is harsh because Dan Jones was just trying to flick the ball away, his positioning was already stretched out and it wouldn't be a talking point if the FGR player didn't run straight into Jones and his leg.

His contact is far worse than Dan's so he should have gone too.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It's worth at least complaining as to why the Forest Green player wasn't red carded too.

I think the challenge looks worse than it was on camera, so there is room to appeal but I think Notts should just accept it.

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

I had a perfect view of the foul, Jones tried to kick the ball and he had always gone to ground.

I understand why the referee sent him off, but both players should have gone if Jones is deemed to have been reckless. It was the Forest Green player who made contact with Jones, he had every chance of skipping over but decided to crop himself.

• Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

There's arguments for and against, I think it's best being kept well alone but the FGR player should have walked too IMO.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@Chris @liampie you can say it was a bad challenge on Jones but fact is he went in 2 footed. Was this why the FGR player challenged like he did because he saw it? The other player should of had a card aswell but fact is there is no place for 2 footed challenges. Could end careers with challenges like that. 

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
4 hours ago, Ancientpie said:

I have moved from the Kop to the Pavis this season & it's almost unbelievable what a better view you get of this type of thing, no doubt last season I would have been chanting "you don't know what your doing" but I honestly can have no complaints.

@Ancientpie were you behind the dugout sat next to a really handsome chap in shorts? If so that was me, I was sat next to someone who said they’d moved from the kop.

49 minutes ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@Chris @liampie you can say it was a bad challenge on Jones but fact is he went in 2 footed. Was this why the FGR player challenged like he did because he saw it? The other player should of had a card aswell but fact is there is no place for 2 footed challenges. Could end careers with challenges like that. 

I see that side of it too mate.

I just feel the FGR player made a meal out of it and even looking back at the video, his rolling around is quite funny. Dan Jones hurt himself and was caught nastily by the FGR player - so it would have been fairer if he had walked too.

Maybe the momentum made the FGR player unable to stop going forward but I see him make the connection, rather than Jones.

It's reckless but I'd never do the same in a similar situation.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Correct decision by the ref from where I was sitting, which was quite close with a good view.  Jones was put in trouble by an awful pass, but that sort of challenge is invariably punished by a red card these days.

If he gets a 3 match ban we should appeal and see if we can get it extended to more games!  If you haven't guessed already I'm not a fan of Dan Jones.  Even though Carl Dickinson is no more than a distinctly average League 2 left back, I think we released the wrong one .

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Two footed challenges are dangerous but watching the highlights, it seems Jones did not make a "challenge" but reacted to a very bad pass. Yes, it seems reckless and a red card might be warranted but I feel the Forest Green Rovers player is as much responsible as Jones is.

Both should have walked.

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Dan Jones realised his error very quickly, I think the ref could have given both players a card because the whole thing could have been avoided. I think the Forest Green Rovers player knew if he went down and into Jones in the manner he did it would lead to a red card.

Reckless yes, but the decision to push only Jones is a little weak minded.

14 hours ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

i know what your saying. :) 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

On this I was on the fence.. but now I think he shouldn’t appeal he went in two footed .. he left his feet first after watching it back in @samwatto2008 video he shared .. that the decision I’ve reached .. 

Archived