Reporting posts - a message to all users

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

A message for all forum users.

We want Pride of Nottingham to be a family friendly place where people can chat about Notts County, football and life in general without arguments, abuse, spammers or trolls spoiling our community, however the admin team and moderators can't read every post, this is where you the ordinary member can help, if you see a post you are not happy with or you have any concerns about a post please let the moderation team know by reporting it. You can do this by clicking the "report post" button in the top right hand corner of the post, this will alert the moderation team so that action can be taken.

There has been very little trouble of this kind in the past and with your help as the community grows we can keep it that way. COYP.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

A message for all forum users.

We want Pride of Nottingham to be a family friendly place where people can chat about Notts County, football and life in general without arguments, abuse, spammers or trolls spoiling our community, however the admin team and moderators can't read every post, this is where you the ordinary member can help, if you see a post you are not happy with or you have any concerns about a post please let the moderation team know by reporting it. You can do this by clicking the "report post" button in the top right hand corner of the post, this will alert the moderation team so that action can be taken.

There has been very little trouble of this kind in the past and with your help as the community grows we can keep it that way. COYP.

Well said @Fan of Big Tone

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

we are a very supportive community, we want fans of all ages to enjoy the site so please take peace of mind knowing that all the team are doing their utmost to ensure the site is engaging and fun.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

I have received some silly messages from what appears to be guests.

Can this be prevented because I see no reason for them to be reporting some of the stuff I get alerted about but I do check to make sure discussions are on point and friendly.

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Can this be prevented because I see no reason for them to be reporting some of the stuff I get alerted about but I do check to make sure discussions are on point and friendly.

Are they personal messages @CliftonMagpie? Surely guests can't send them can they? I would have thought you had to be a member and logged in.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,307
  • Days Won:  69

16 minutes ago, CliftonMagpie said:

When did you receive these messages and what did they say @CliftonMagpie.Whatever it needs sorting.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

1 hour ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Are they personal messages @CliftonMagpie? Surely guests can't send them can they? I would have thought you had to be a member and logged in.

No, they are reports sent to my e-mail.

One person was complaining about something, two seemed like spam and the most recent one was about a double post. Most of the reports seem to be sent by a guest, the member one about the post I know is fine.

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

If you don't have something nice to say keep it to yourself.

PON is a very balanced site for fans to discuss matters, the last thing it needs is for people to start trying to pick out fights or become abusive. Approach people as you would in the stands, accept peoples opinions as their own and offer yours in return.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I am a casual poster but I read the site daily, I have only noticed some small things.

It says a lot about the community here when the focus is actually on discussing matters, rather than hidden agendas, personal insults and the keyboard issues social media has.

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

just seeing fans coming together on here makes me happy, its a great site and those involved care. its a positive step forward and well done to @Fan of Big Tone for posting this. people should report things if they see something, it will be dealt with but i think pon will stay balanced.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

I wish to report anyone who has described Dan Jones as a full back.

Also, anyone who has described Ross Fitzsimons as a goalkeeper.  

I am usually broad-minded, but sometimes people overstep the line.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think members knowing the "report" button is there will give some reassurances.

The site just needs to take the approach as to what any community should be, accept some will moan and just be polite everyone.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The fact the report system hasn't been suddenly flooded says a lot, not a single alert or item flagged.

20 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

It's a core system bug, I have spoken to the support who creates the software PON uses.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  888

I have never seen anything untoward post on PON.

The team must do a fantastic job with keeping the site this way.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I have never felt the need to use the report button but its nice to know its there if I was to ever need it.

Members should play a role in keeping the site friendly and open for all to enjoy.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

Never felt the need to report anything on PON, most members understand that different people view things in their own way and just discuss peacefully.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  534

Can we report the players here? PON seems fine, if I saw something that needed reporting I would.

• Chris unfeatured this topic
  • Chris unpinned this topic

Archived