Would you give Jamie Turley a longer deal at Notts?

AmericanPie

Should the club hand Jamie Turley a longer contract?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel Notts should give Jamie Turley a longer deal at the club?

• Give him a two-year-deal, he's been a brilliant signing
    • Yes, I would give him additional year
    • I would wait to see how he does up to Christmas
    • No, I think there's better defenders out there

I might be mistaken but I believe Jamie Turley was only a short term signing arriving at the club until January, if this is the case and I am not wrong. I wonder what fans on PON would do over his future.

As a footballer it's important to allow players to settle.

He seems to have made a difference at the back and provided the club can afford to keep him, I think it only makes sense to give him a two-year-deal. Allow it to give confidence to the squad and take the pressure off him about the unknown circumstances over his future.

There was no option to extend it until the end of the season and then review it, which is what i would do. We have had our fingers burnt before by offering contracts that are too long. 

He has done very well so far, but it is in a short space of time. Extend it to the end of the season with the incentive of an extra year if he meets his appearance targets.

As a right back, I felt he didn't do well but as I imagined he thrives in the CB role.

I understand how some may feel his performances are down to him wanting to earn a longer deal, however I feel he's shown that he's good enough and a true professional. I would give him another year and see how he does. If he continues to do well, I see no reason why a longer deal down the road couldn't be arranged. He's a good player, there's no messing with him and he keeps his head.

A large improvement over the likes of Richard Duffy.

It would be mad not to have him under contract for longer, I could easily see someone else showing interest and he's now a big part of Harry Kewell's defence. The faith has been given to Ross Fitzsimons despite the goals he's conceded, so I feel it should be extended to Jamie Turley and any other of the current starting 11.

A two-year-deal seems the least the club can offer.

Archived