Match Discussion: Game 24 - The Coasters (A)

PON_News

Game 24 - The Coasters (A)

Team: AFC Fylde

Date: 03/03/2020

Where: Mill Farm

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

If it goes ahead, we need to put them in their place and go to win. Use the excitement of the weekends goal thriller, let them do the team talk and just play hard.

i think confidence will be high, its just a worry if they continue their antics and if we focus on that rather than the game. if we go in prepared to work hard and can outplay them, i feel confident we can take any chances created.

just need a good level of service and creativity.

I hope the game goes ahead but I won't be risking going, think my dad and uncle will be but I will stay at home.

Hope Notts batters them.

If the game goes ahead, I can see them winning and all hell being let loose.

I hope I am wrong and, that Notts can defend bravely - whilst we attack them as a solid unit. If you look at the passing we can pull off, it's exciting but it's all about how we work them and what space we can open up.

Take what changes come and, I do feel Notts can win.

I just have this feeling it will be scrappy, irritating and one of those where the opposition gets the better of us.

• Like 1

Go there, get the job done and come back having given 100%.

If the players do the right things at every moment, Notts will score and the club will return with 3 points. I might be one of the only fans who are sick about hearing about the postponed matches and how some constantly have gripe towards them. The officials have a lot to answer for.

Keep the game safe, play to win and leave happy.

Fylde's last league win was on the 26th November, they're on an 11 game winless run. Notts in recent years have a knack for losing games like this.

On paper we should beat them though. I think if we get the first goal it'll knock their confidence, get the crowd to turn, they're not in a good place right now. They played extra-time too, whilst we got sub off Wotton, Doyle and Rawlinson.

I'm quietly confident about the game, hopefully it does go ahead it could potentially be raining all morning there. Eek!

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 1

I have my doubts about the game, but I am hopeful it will go ahead and that Notts gets the right results.

All the points possible are needed now.

It's going to be a long game I feel, I will be listening on the radio but only loosely.

Hoping for a 3-1 Notts win.

Just to know the squad played well would be good in my eyes, we need the focus to be on the league. Eyes on the prize!

1-1....

Enzio slotted Notts into the lead and, a bit later they pegged us back to level terms. They've had 2/3 chances already where Charlie Slater felt they should have scored, by his reaction it seemed almost destined to go on but didn't. 

Very dire first half, Notts looked bright up to the point Enzio scored.

I need to see a stronger second half, this can't get much worse!

Joe McDonnell is just very poor when the teams poor.

He looks okay when Notts controls it but worse than Ross Fitzsimons when the players aren't playing well, not a confident keeper. I can see them snatching the lead late on, they may deserve it too.

Full Time: AFC Fylde 1 Notts County 2

Not the most prettiest games for Notts, but a magnificent 3 points. I think we robbed them considering how poorly we played in the first half, yet Jim O'Brien added some grit when he came on. Michael Doyle has been at his best, without his defending we could have be caught 2-1 ourselves. Vital win!

How crucial is this win for you? Great battling win in my eyes.

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

Terrible performance no way around it, lucky to leave with 3 points but a win is a win.

Only a handful of players did really well.

Jim O'Brien should have started in my eyes, they looked wasteful and poor. A good Notts should have walked over them, I'm not sure why after Notts went 1-0 the game took such a twist but the same level of application from the players was needed but it simply wasn't there.

Supporter+

Given the state of the pitch, 3 points is massive. Notts have to be aiming for 2nd or 3rd to avoid that extra game in the playoffs and it's well within reach at this point of the season. 

Great win, Notts dug deep and got their reward.

I think we left feeling like we had grabbed the points but thats football. it was not pretty but its 3 very important points. good to have the game put tor rest in such a way.

Good win, I know I’m m late to the game in terms of replies but inbox surprised you all didn’t hear much cheering to this result!