Radio Nottingham programme on Notts on now....

Piethagoram

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

I’m looking forward to listening to this soon and finding out if it’s worth my time or not. I hope it’s as entertaining and informative as the videos that the club produces, but just in an audio format. :D 

• Like 5

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If like me, you missed this and would like to listen to it. I believe this is it - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fln7v6

I'm currently listening to it right now. 👍

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,897
  • Days Won:  5

Chloe Page’s use of the term “us” may seem peculiar to some. The hiring of Luke Williams was not viewed negatively, and in fact, many people had positive opinions about it. It’s important to note that gauging fans’ opinions based solely on Twitter may not provide a complete picture. While “everyone was unsure” and “not many people had heard of Luke Williams”, it can be difficult to listen to individuals who attempt to speak on behalf of others, particularly when their statements may not be entirely accurate. It’s always important to consider multiple perspectives and sources of information. 😫😒

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

David Jackson did an excellent job with the show, covering the team’s journey from relegation to promotion at Wembley. The fans’ interviews were as expected, and while some of their comments were appreciated, others raised concerns, such as those mentioned by @Joshua. It’s possible that some fans may have been unsure of what to say during the interview, which is understandable. Many fans expressed their trust in the Reedtz and made fair comments. The pressure of speaking in an interview or being surrounded by certain individuals may have influenced their responses.

• Like 7

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

It was a good summary of the entire National League experience, with Les Bradd avoiding discussing the Trew and Hardy era. Those two held the club back for many years and were responsible for the issues that led to relegation from the Football League. I wasn’t familiar with Luke Williams, but that’s just me. I wasn’t negative about his appointment and thought that the Reedtz were wise enough to bring in the right person for the job. Looking at the squad, I could see that there was enough in place to make it easier for someone with limited experience.

Edited by eighteensixtytwo
  • Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,459
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I’m currently listening to it and I don’t usually pay much attention to what people say. They’re often just there for padding, but I noticed that David has chosen people who fans should be familiar with. I actually enjoy hearing from people who aren’t as well-known because they often provide better insights that aren’t generic or something you’ve heard before. So far, I think it’s very good.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  905
  • Days Won:  3

It’s delightful to hear David Jackson after all these years. He has done exceptionally well with this and I believe it’s a great listen.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I missed it. Thanks for the link @Chris I’ll listen tomorrow.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3,392

I hope this content is not geo-restricted because it would be beneficial to listen to.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

12 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

I hope this content is not geo-restricted because it would be beneficial to listen to.

I believe you should be able to listen to it, the worst case scenario is to use a VPN and set it to the UK.

13 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I missed it. Thanks for the link @Chris I’ll listen tomorrow.

You're welcome. I missed the live airing, so I wanted to check to see if it was available after. 👍🏻

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

I'll give it a listen tomorrow as I only had a short while before bedtime since I had to finish up my homework earlier. If possible, I might download it or even stream it during my journey to school tomorrow. Could anyone kindly let me know the duration of it, please? I'm currently using my mobile.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

@JohnTheBost The show is just over an hour long, but you can shave off some time by skipping past the parts that aren’t related to Notts County.

I really enjoyed it - although I do think it would be more appealing if they featured some fans who aren’t usually given a platform to speak. That being said, I understand why they choose certain people - it helps them to share and promote the show. I also really enjoy listening to David Jackson - I wish he covered Notts County instead of Charlie Slater. Whenever he has covered our matches in the past, I always felt like I had a better understanding of what happened on the pitch than when Charlie was commentating.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,467
  • Days Won:  15

I used to listen to Match Day and I thought it was a great show. David Jackson did an excellent job of bringing the drama and excitement of match day to life. I enjoyed his narration and thought it was well done. In fact, I think you could remove the fan interviews and still come away with the same experience - the show was that good.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

I haven’t had the opportunity to listen to the show yet, as I only found out about it yesterday. Thank you @Piethagoram and @Chris for sharing the links - I really appreciate it.

Edited by Countyman
  • Like 2

• Content Count:  3,392

Cheers, @Chris, I've now had the chance to listen to it too. It's an engaging summary and serves as an excellent refresher of the Non-League days for those who may have missed out on certain aspects!

• Like 1

• Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

@Joshua i get what you are saying but its probably perspective and being interviewed at the same time. chloe does well on the magpie circle, when i have seen her on it.

i thought it was brilliant and i am pleased i managed to listen to it. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

I really enjoyed listening to We are Notts on BBC Radio Nottingham. It was a great show that captured the highs and lows of our journey from the heartbreak of relegation to the joy of promotion. David Jackson did a fantastic job of telling the story with a lot of passion and attention to detail. He interviewed some of the key players and staff who made it happen, and also gave a voice to the loyal fans who stuck with the club through thick and thin. It was a very emotional and inspiring programme that made me proud to be a Magpie. Well done, David and BBC Radio Nottingham!

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ve just managed to find time to listen to this, it’s a great show and takes you through the roller coaster of the last four years with a few “GET IN’S!” along the way. If you’ve not listened yet I urge you to give it a go, click on @Chris’s link above.

• Like 2