Where are they now : Shaun Brisley

Piethagoram

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Good signing. I thought he looked capable at Notts, but as his time at the club progressed, his form dipped.

• Like 8

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  561
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

His downfall was being partnered with Richard Duffy, which hindered his form and made the whole season a write-off. I think if someone had been brave enough to show Duffy the door, Brisley could have partnered with someone like Jamie Turley for better success on the pitch. Ross Fitzsimons didn’t help anyone either with his no hands.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Shaun Brisley looked like he's doing okay, I have to agree with @RetroPie that Richard Duffy and Ross Fitzsimons were serious issues that needed addressing. I can't count the number of times Duffy created total panic at the back or made those foolish, short passes back that always seemed to put us in danger. To move forward as a club, we needed to make some big changes, and I think replacing these two was at the top of the list.

Good luck, Brisley at Alfreton.

• Like 8

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Good signing for Alfreton, I agree.

I had been saying for ages how Richard Duffy was a waste of a shirt, it made me sick of the lack of effort he put in and then swagged around like he was a superstar! People say, that Kevin Nolan's biggest mistake was not to play Jonathan Forte, whilst I agree it was a mistake. Letting Duffy be friends with the coach and giving him a guaranteed spot in the team regardless of his performance was a bigger problem for me. Nolan had his favourites, I won't say 'drinking buddies' which is what many other fans would call their relationship. Shaun Brisley suffered due to those within the Duffy game.

Hate is a very strong word, but I despise Duffy and his arrogance. Fans that defend him, I can't understand and would suggest they check out the highlights of games in which he featured.

Brisley would have been fine with a faster, more mindful defender. That didn't have a best before tag attached to his shirt collar.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

shaun brisley went from being a strong defender, who looked confident and dealt with threats in a no nonsense way. to being very clumsy and poor, i think the midfield were responsible for letting brisley down just as much as richard duffy who was a massive pile of💩.

good luck to brisley to at alfreton.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

I liked Shaun Brisley. He did all the basics well and played a solid defensive game until the season we were relegated from League Two. I wish him all the best with his move to Alfreton Town.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  687

I wish Shaun Brisley all the best at Alfreton. I don’t dislike him; I thought he was a decent basic defender. Was it Harry Kewell who tried to turn him into a midfielder? Those were crazy days.

• Like 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

I wish Shaun Brisley all the best as he joins Alfreton. It seems like a solid signing for the team. Alfreton could benefit from having an experienced defender like Shaun on their side. Hopefully, with his help, they can start pushing for promotion back to the National League.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

Shaun Brisley was initially a strong player, but it seems that the management failed to provide the necessary support. Both Kevin Nolan and Harry Kewell were unable to effectively motivate and uplift those players who needed additional guidance. As Brisley's performances progressively declined, it is likely that this lack of support played a significant role. We wish him all the best as he embarks on his new journey with Alfreton Town.

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Shaun Brisley started off well but then faded under pressure. I too felt sorry for him and think he was paired with the wrong players. The fact that Harry Kewell thought he could turn him into a midfielder was a clueless moment.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Sending my best wishes to Shaun Brisley at Alfreton Town. I thought he played well for us until the season when we were unfortunately relegated.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Shaun Brisley was decent, no frills but did everything he could which was appreciated. I wish him well at Alfreton Town.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

On 01/06/2023 at 23:06, liampie said:

shaun brisley went from being a strong defender, who looked confident and dealt with threats in a no nonsense way. to being very clumsy and poor, i think the midfield were responsible for letting brisley down just as much as richard duffy who was a massive pile of💩.

good luck to brisley to at alfreton.

You defend as a team, and in his second season we didn't. We weren't working hard enough off the ball and we had a liability in goal. No wonder he lost his confidence. But the season before he'd shown himself to be a steady enough defender, and will hopefully do well at Alfreton.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

On 04/06/2023 at 15:41, DangerousSausage said:

You defend as a team, and in his second season we didn't. We weren't working hard enough off the ball and we had a liability in goal. No wonder he lost his confidence. But the season before he'd shown himself to be a steady enough defender, and will hopefully do well at Alfreton.

he should do well with alfreton they could do with some experience if they are to push for promotion.

• Content Count:  128

Shaun Brisley is a fantastic signing for Alfreton Town. He’s a solid defender with a wealth of experience and he’ll bring a lot to the team. He was a decent player for Notts and always gave his all on the pitch. I have no doubt that he’ll do the same for Alfreton and help them achieve their goals. Good luck to Shaun and Alfreton Town!

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It would seem we will see just how well he will do for Alfreton Town with the friendly. I certainly wish him well. I think with him having joined, the friendly against Alfreton will be more enjoyable.