Welcome to Notts, Jevani Brown.

Robbie

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Jevani is another good signing for Notts.

Another versatile player joins Notts on loan for the Season.

Jevani can play as a striker, attacking midfielder or winger, so is another player who brings fantastic versatility to the squad.

The squad is now complete till the next transfer window in January in my opinion.

• Like 11
  • Surprised 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

Bristol Rovers

edit

On 26 June 2023, Brown signed for League One club Bristol Rovers on a two-year deal with the option for a further year.[33] His signing drew criticism for the club on account of his ongoing assault case.[34][35] On 7 July 2023, he was fined £5000 having admitted slapping and spitting at a woman outside a nightclub.[36] 

For once I'm not so sure about this signing. Where does he fit into the current squad? Let alone the above.

• Surprised 1
  • Sad 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone deserves a second chance. I don't know anything about the incident, but I hope he concentrates on his football while he's here. It's not the most exciting signing, but I'm glad we have some extra cover.

• Like 11

Supporter+

@Mapperley Pie The Notts management seem to have confidence in him, so I will trust their judgement.

He's a versatile player, so he was probably the type of player that they were looking for to complete the squad.

• Like 4

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

Notts had to work late just to write about him in a way that makes it sound exciting and a bit exaggerated. It's not a bad signing, but it’s quite average. I can’t see many teams rushing to sign him, as most of his career has been with smaller non-league teams.

• Like 9

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

Not a player I would’ve thought we’d have gone for to be honest, generally under the Bros we’ve seemed to avoid anyone controversial.

You kind of just want to focus on what he’s like as a footballer, a pretty good one when he was with Exeter by all accounts, but at the same time you can’t ignore what he did. He admitted it and apologised but that doesn’t make everything ok again, or does it?

Just a bit meh over the whole thing, maybe an interview will help sway me but I suspect we’ll gloss over the whole issue as nothing was mentioned in the official article.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Days Won:  5

He seems like a bit of a gamble. Notts probably sees him as someone who can open up play and provide assists rather than a straightforward goalscorer. The number of goals he scored last season wasn't great compared to his appearances.

• Like 10

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
7 minutes ago, Robbie said:

@Mapperley Pie The Notts management seem to have confidence in him, so I will trust their judgement.

He's a versatile player, so he was probably the type of player that they were looking for to complete the squad.

I agree @Robbie they will have done their homework and will have an insight into the player and his character I don’t believe they would sign someone they weren’t sure of.

• Like 8

Supporter+

@Fan of Big Tone I agree. He has been signed with a specific job to do. Loan signing can work out well, but sometimes they don't. 

He's here to do a job. If he does it well then it will be a bonus to Notts. If it doesn't work out then he'll be returned to his club.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

I hope so to. Just looks a little incongruous compared to the rest of the squad.

And while everyone deserves a second chance, do leopards change their spots?

I feel it's filling a spot, just in case.

• Like 3

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,291
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Underwhelming and not a signing that sits right with me. The off the pitch stuff leaves an uncomfortable feeling inside. 

It's annoying when it seems like we were on the verge of signing Ken Aboh and we missed out to Stevenage, so it seems like we've panicked last minute. It also makes it worse when MK have announced Sonny Finch like 5 minutes later. Finch would've been perfect. 

We had the chance of Sonny Finch, Ken Aboh, Dajaune Brown, Jack Stevens, Brad Young, Luca Thomas, Callum Osmand and Jake Young. 

We've still got a top 7 squad but we're relying on Jatta staying fit and Cedwyn's confidence improving 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 2

• Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Don’t forget that Lee Hughes came to us with a rather dubious past and look how that ended up, let’s give him a chance.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I don't see him as being an important part of the squad, if he becomes this, it would be a bonus but to my eyes he's more cover. I think there's a higher possibility that we might play him not as a striker. Obviously, I think we have signed him to give us options for that area. I just think we'll see him playing deeper, which if, it is the case, it could free up Cedwyn Scott who would benefit from playing as a striker.

It's quite underwhelming, but it's for Jevani Brown to prove himself. There were comments about him coming back from an injury, so there's that potential that he might not be quite ready.

Since this seems to be a remote transfer, I think it's highly likely that we couldn't make options before Brown's worked out, and he's come into the plan since then. As I say, if he does well brilliant, if he doesn't play much at least we have the cover. If he doesn't perform well, then I think we haven't lost anything. There's always January, which I feel we might use more productively.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

I'll pass on welcoming him. He's here and there's nothing we can do about that. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Not an exciting signing if I'm being honest, seems a bit like a last-minute signing due to us missing out on other targets. That said, he seems to be versatile, which is good as we'd probably struggle to accommodate another out-and-out striker with the system we play.

As for his past, he lost his temper outside a nightclub and was deservedly punished for it. He's not the first Notts player to be involved in something like that and probably won't be the last. If he had a conviction for domestic violence that would say a lot more about his character. And if he does turn out to be a bad influence, it's a loan and not a permanent transfer. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Supporter+

Notts do lots of research on players that they are interested in. That's what the recruiters do.

There may be up to 50 or more players, even more, that they do extensive research on before they even put them into a list of priority.

I'm quite sure that Jevani coming to Notts is not a last minute decision, but he would have been on a list of players Notts were interested in. 

When Notts couldn't get their priority pick for some reason, there will always be other players that they have extensively researched that will become available.

I think that comes down to Notts's excellent recruitment Management.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I don't want to discuss his past in relation to his signing. I don't think it's appropriate to do so, as it could distract from the purpose of the signing. I'm glad we have cover, and I hope he provides good depth for Notts. This is one of those signings that we can only hope works out well. We won't know until we give him a chance, so let's welcome him and hope he focuses on his football.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  868

I don't think it's a particularly exciting signing, but as others have said, the most important thing is that he performs well. If he doesn't contribute, I don't see us keeping him, so his playing time will be limited. Therefore, it's in his best interest to be as involved as possible.

Regarding the incident, I would have liked more details about what caused the disturbance. I don't condone his actions in any way, but from what I've read, the woman was angry with him and had assaulted Jevani Brown by pulling his hair. Blaming alcohol consumption is a weak excuse, and lashing out is wrong. However, the media often automatically portray women as victims, even when they can be equally guilty.

I don't think his actions were wise, but if she was provoking him, it doesn't justify his behaviour. Both parties acted inappropriately, and one should not be excused while the other is harshly criticised.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

@thommo reading what @Piethagoram shared it does sound like he was racially abused and you are right, pulling someone's hair is assault. if it was the other way round, and she slapped and spat on his face i dont think most would be bothered. its not justified actions, poor judgement but people can make mistakes in the heat of the moment. the other person deserves to be held accountable too. professional footballers are held higher than some, it doesnt seem right. both peoples behaviour is horrible, but i believe he was profiled and attacked.

• Like 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  2

I welcome him and hope he enjoys his time at Meadow Lane. I’d want any player to have this experience, and if he helps Notts, that's even better.

He’s been punished, apologised, and I believe him.

No one should keep holding it against him. People make mistakes, and while it’s unfortunate, only he is still being judged for it. I don't think a footballer would risk their career by drinking and becoming violent. It's in the past, and people should accept that and move on. Especially if you don’t know all the facts.

• Like 5

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,339

If we need someone to step in, we'll be glad to have him if he can help our season. His past is behind him, and it's not my place to judge, but I understand why some fans might have doubts.

• Like 4

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Below are the details of the court case. The facts speak for themselves. 

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

The former Exeter City star striker appeared in court today

• Content Count:  493

Welcome to Meadow Lane! Everyone makes mistakes, and if he is truly sorry, that should be enough. I don't trust journalists to be entirely fair; their stories these days are more about selling what they write.

• Like 2

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

I notice we haven't released a video or even had a write up interview with Jevani yet. We interviewed George and that was done after his first day of training... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2