Morecambe FC : Fact of the day

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,882
  • Days Won:  162

at least its consistent to a point, all they need is to make sure they have firepower. it would be easier to start drawing and then winning, but i do think its a sign of a team that has lost many of their better players.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

The first three games are tough, and it will not be easy to play at Crewe Alexandra when the team is not playing well. It is a difficult start for Morecambe, but they should be able to start winning points

• Like 12
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,965
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I would agree, it's just a tough start. I see them being about a mid-table team, so I am sure their results will pick up. I just hope it doesn't mean that Derek Adams gets the push, because he is more than good enough to turn things around given the time. Morecambe have had some good seasons in recent years, but they just need to pick themselves up and look to improve in time.

Losing key players is never easy to bounce back from, but for a club of their size they are worth wishing the best to.

• Like 13

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,750
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Lifting of transfer embargo on 11 July obviously hampered their summer recruitment

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Morecambe have their transfer embargo lifted by the English Football League but must pay a fine for failing to meet payment obligations.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It goes to show that clubs need to avoid being struck with penalties and embargoes, plus have strong recruitment where they can replace lost talent which departs in the opposite direction. I think they might struggle to finish strong this season, provided they stay clear of the drop I think it will be a job well done.

• Like 11

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  616
  • Days Won:  1

Clubs go through growth phases, and during those times, they often sign players who usually seem out of reach. I think Morecambe have gone through this, and now they’re struggling after losing players. I’m not sure if it’s due to budget issues, but keeping players shouldn’t be a problem, even with an embargo.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

It’s hard to keep going when you lose so many good players, but sanctions won’t help. This is typical for clubs at this level. Look at Bradford City, they’re a big club in League Two but struggle to keep their players. Yes, they have problems like the cost of their stadium’s lease, but they also have a constant turnover of talent. We’ve been there too

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I feel sorry for Morecambe and teams of their size. I hope they don’t suddenly pull it together just in time to play us and make it harder. If tomorrow goes well, we could be building a nice little run of form.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

They have defensive issues. They conceded 3 at home yesterday. They had a 1-0 lead until a minute later when Colchester scored and further pulled it back going 3-1. Two 90+ minute goals salvaged a point. It’s not the best form, but scoring isn’t the issue.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

Poor start. If they don’t improve sooner rather than later, it could force them into a relegation battle and a squad with no hope of survival. It’s not good for Morecambe!

• Like 4

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

Morecambe should be fine. It’s early days, and they just need to adjust and get their first win of the season. I think they’ll end up mid-table or in the lower half, but away from the drop.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,381
  • Days Won:  162
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I think they will be good enough to stay up. Maybe a lower mid table finish.

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,503
  • Days Won:  9

Morecambe might continue to struggle, but I think they are good enough to navigate themselves away from any trouble. It could be a more difficult season, but I do hope they manage to stay up. I have always enjoyed my trips to their ground.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Days Won:  2

I don’t really care. I hope the slump continues until we play them. At their current rate, they’ll be in a relegation battle if they don’t start picking up points.

• Like 1