Oxford Utd (A)

Dripsey3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Sounds terrible. Every time they go forward they seem likely to score.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-1 Oxford. Hilton. He sounds good according to Uncle Col.

3-1 final.

RUBBISH

To quote Uncle Col "Frightening to watch"

Doesn't bode well does it.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Well the pre-season bubble has well and truly been burst now, a defensive horror show, some appalling and disgraceful performances.

Will Ricardo make it past Christmas? The Trews will surely sack him before too long.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's clear these players need to settle, I think this and the fact we have seen two players at the back is causing our problems. Credit to Oxford, they did well and got into the game. When you go 1-0 up, you really should control the game and frustrate the opposition but instead we gifted the game a way.

I am sure we will settle, I'm not worried about relegation but we need to move quickly.

Perhaps we should go sign another CB and a striker.

It's clear these players need to settle, I think this and the fact we have seen two players at the back is causing our problems. Credit to Oxford, they did well and got into the game. When you go 1-0 up, you really should control the game and frustrate the opposition but instead we gifted the game a way.

I am sure we will settle, I'm not worried about relegation but we need to move quickly.

Perhaps we should go sign another CB and a striker.

The forever optimist is slightly worried. It must be bad. 

That was difficult to listen to.

• Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

Absolute rubbish again! Sloppy defending... how many times did we hear that last season?! Seriously concerned about Moniz's ability to cope with league 2 football!!!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

This is so disappointing after the good start we made to the season, what's going wrong?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

First reaction is 'same old same old'. Like last season getting ahead but then poor defending.

Two phrases from Mark Stallard stand out, "keystone Kops defending" and "dreadful defending". It sounded bad. We have got some good players Aborah, Swerts, Stead but no one who seems to want to take the game by the scruff of the neck and at the very least make the opposition work.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,463
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

That was bad. Really bad. Roy kept the score down. 4 games in and no goals for our strikers. The defence is a shambles. Next 2 games are against relegation candidates. They are must not lose games.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,503
  • Days Won:  9

First reaction is 'same old same old'. Like last season getting ahead but then poor defending.

Two phrases from Mark Stallard stand out, "keystone Kops defending" and "dreadful defending". It sounded bad. We have got some good players Aborah, Swerts, Stead but no one who seems to want to take the game by the scruff of the neck and at the very least make the opposition work.

Exactly, the team of leaders is failing miserably and there are only a few shinning lights at the moment.

We need better on Saturday!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

Yeah that was truly dreadful. We were fairly fortunate in getting that first goal against the run of play but then they went up a gear or two and I'm not kidding, it could have been five, six nil. Wouldn't be surprised if we only had like 3,000 home fans against Accy on Saturday.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

come on lets not be overly down, oxford took the game to us and we have 18 new players learning what english football is about. lets not get on to them but encourage results and support them.

i am gutted but we need to stay together ourselves.

• Content Count:  128

3-1 to Oxford, depressing regardless of how good they are.

At 1-0 up we should have made it harder for them and not easy, lets hope things change on saturday and quickly.

• Content Count:  106

I join all the other fans who went to watch in saying that it was absolutely atrocious. I hope to see big changes on Saturday and a good win to go with it. As for Moniz out, he's not been here long and do you expect the team to gel instantly?

• Content Count:  26

Moniz deserves backing based on the two good results, we just need to find that winning formula and repeat the process. Mansfield and Oxford were tough game, disappointing yes but why do we support Notts?

3-1 is a bad result but the squad needs to settle.

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk

• Content Count:  627
  • Days Won:  11

I'm going to be missing two games due to Holiday next week, Stanley and the Villa game.  I sure hope when I get back we have settled down and our defense has tightened up a bit, otherwise it's going to be a long season! We don't have a "buffer" league now which just ups the stakes.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Oh God let's not start the "Mansfield and Oxford are good sides" thing again. What next? The manager coming out and telling us "We're three years behind Accrington"? He's already got the Thommo perm!

They are tinpot teams in a tinpot league. A couple of years ago we'd have looked on them as little more than potential banana skins in the paint pot trophy. I can accept that we'll lose games occasionally but not in the manner we're hearing about yesterday. We should at least be giving them a game. Oxford should have felt that they had to give the performance of their lives to get any points out of us yesterday - did they?

Feel really sorry for everyone who made that trip. Hopefully this is just a blip, and someone will bump this thread in May so we can all have a good laugh.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  274

Awful result, typical Notts though.

Going to be a long season...

Very long! Lets hope we can ride out the storm.

• Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

What a load of garbage that was last night. We didn't start well, were lucky to be winning, then rolled over once again in a totally unacceptable manner. We managed to make Oxford look like Juve, I can't ever remember seeing such a horrific defensive display. Absolutely embarrassing. If Oxford had won 7-1, it would've been a much fairer reflection of the game. Shocking.

We have a hell of a lot of work to do. How we can sign 18 players and still need to bring in a few is beyond me.

The mighty Accrington Stanley next up. They'll come to frustrate is, they wont let us play our natural game, and it'll be a real war. Right now I doubt we'll be up for the scrap, and I'd genuinely be surprised if we won. Such a shame after seeing us play so well at Stevenage. Suddenly we look like a group of 11 blokes thrown together who've never even met eachother

Archived