Match Discussion: Game 28 - Red Devils (H)

PON_News

Game 28 - Red Devils (H)

Team: Crawley Town

Date: 28/01/17

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Kevin Nolan opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

One we should get something from right?

I'm looking forward to the game but not the performance, but it could be different - I just suspect it won't be. Think we should load the wings but try to speak the play throughout the middle.

We need to get balls onto the box and avoid the defence having to do to much.

I can't add a prediction yet but I will.

• Like 1

i feel a draw right now is about all we can expect, we have not seen a great turn around under noble and of course it takes time but i think crawley will cause us more problems.

• Like 1

Supporter+

You have to win sometime and Crawley at home is one of those sometimes. 2-1 to the Pies. I don't even want to contemplate defeat...

Its definitely a game we can get something from, im not confident though

• Like 1

16 hours ago, liampie said:

i feel a draw right now is about all we can expect, we have not seen a great turn around under noble and of course it takes time but i think crawley will cause us more problems.

I don't we could expect an instant turnaround in terms of results. It'll take time for KN to work out his best team and get them doing what he wants them to do. I only hope we're not adrift before we finally start picking up points again.

I'm not even going to dare to make a prediction. We would all take a lucky 1-0 with our goal going in off someone's backside. Anything that gets the ball rolling. I'll leave something lucky here:

Shamrock.png

• Like 3

looks like optimistic views are returning to pons mods, think we will struggle to score myself but would like to see some luck fall our way for once.

A few shots on goal would be nice! News today on the embargo is that there is no news for another 48-72 hours, which means no new players for this weekend. It's looking grimmer and grimmer at the moment, we just need a spark but the issue is that if we do score a goal, I can't see us not conceding 2. I really hope they prove me wrong!

• Like 2

Mr Fozzy, I do expect to be entertained by Crawley and I suspect they'll have plenty of shots so don't worry about that! :rolleyes::thumbsup:

What would be nice if Notts could manage to pass to each other enough to allow Jon Stead or whoever to take a chance for themselves, its depressing watching our defenders make it easy for the opposition - whilst we struggle to limit ourselves further up the field.

Brave call though @Fozzy.

I hope for your sake we don't concede, it all hands on the players heads and if they can lift themselves. Hopefully the Kop will be in fine form singing!

Edited by super_ram
SPELLING ERROR

I think at this point in the season with our current record and leauge position this is a must win. By any means nessary we neeed to fight simple.  

We have to use all we have at our disposal.

Therefore no tactics which will limit our play, we need to keep things basic and no park the bus at the back in the hope we can snatch a win or draw.

We have got to play Stanley & Osbourne.

The reason we aren't creating any chances is that KN has set us up so defensively he has had to sacrifice any creativity, Stan provided more of this in the 5 mins he was on the pitch than we did for the previous 85

At last !!!! Congratulation.Looking forward to hearing opinions.

• Like 1

A great 3 points , well deserved , out the bottom 2 places , an air of real optimism , new players on the way , all I can add is we are staying up we are staying up we are staying up we are staying up get in COYP :frantics:

• Like 1

Supporter+

Very important win for a number of reasons. Still in relegation trouble of course so plenty of work to do. Need to back this win up next week.

• Like 3

We pressed well for the first time for what seems like several years. We deserved to win. The joy the players showed when Forte scored was immense. 5000 Notts fans there and I suspect all will be back again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

It wasn't pretty or textbook stuff but it will do.

I felt actually quite entertained today, though defensively we did very well and looked comfortable. The attack left questions within the first half, however it came together when we had chances. Our first goal was pretty scrappy but they all count! I didn't think it was going to go in myself.

When they equalized, I felt very down and it became obvious that the players was gutted.

Yet several players, Campbell and Forte noticeably started chasing everything. Michael O'Connor did well, we wouldn't have won if it wasn't for him and it was a steady performance. I think he became injured from taking the first free kick, as I noticed him pulling faces and generally feeling around his feet/ankles and leg. When the ball went out for the second time, he looked like 'do I really have to take this' and then just whacked the ball in.

Left feeling over the moon and I really enjoyed speaking to all the old crowd, I wished I had time to speak with @Northants Pie and @magpiejue but I will sometime. I was interviewed by BBC Radio 4 today, not the best but I felt nervous. Happy overall mind! Great win. COYP!

Edited by super_ram
correction
  • Like 3

You can see how Nolan is improving the current players, defensively we are much better than we ever was under Moniz, Fullarton, Cooper or Sheridan.

Tootle for me was the only weak link.

It would make you think that with a few outgoing players and a bit quality arriving, we would be able to mount more of a challenge. I felt each player looked interested which made a difference. A lot more passion, much more desire and for once we deserved the win.

• Like 3

I'd almost forgotten how good it feels to win, I could get used to this! So pleased we got what we deserved yesterday. Not one player gave anything less than 100%, and if we'd come away with anything less than 3 points it would have been daylight robbery. That game summed up the life of a Notts fan in 90 minutes. Frustration, anger, reief, heartache, and in the end unbridled joy. Finally we showed some character and ground out a valuable result. I really hope that can be the turning point. Play with that same desire and effort every week we'll have a chance, especially if Nolan can bring a few new faces in

• Like 3

Before the match Noble praised Hollis' great left foot and I nearly choked on my pint of 'New Era'; but then Hollis proceeded to do the business at left back, a cross field pass which picked out one of our strikers was excellent. Not picking on/ picking out Hollis, just an example that KN seems to have instilled something in the squad; and a bit of belief and a lot of effort seems to be working wonders. COYP. 

5 hours ago, weymouthPIE said:

I'd almost forgotten how good it feels to win, I could get used to this! So pleased we got what we deserved yesterday. Not one player gave anything less than 100%, and if we'd come away with anything less than 3 points it would have been daylight robbery. That game summed up the life of a Notts fan in 90 minutes. Frustration, anger, reief, heartache, and in the end unbridled joy. Finally we showed some character and ground out a valuable result. I really hope that can be the turning point. Play with that same desire and effort every week we'll have a chance, especially if Nolan can bring a few new faces in

Spot on, I suppose in the cold light of day all we did was beat Crawley at home, but it felt like so much more.  I even smiled at the red traffic lights on the drive home instead of my usual cursing!  It seemed like the ball was never going to break our way, and when Thompson saw red I thought "here we go again".  The mix of elation and relief when the final whistle went was massive, you could feel it in all 3 home stands.  I'm sure Kevin Nolan realises this is just a first step, and will be reminding the players that they have to maintain that standard until the season ends.  If they do, we should be OK.

• Like 3

You're right. Some victories and some defeats feel much more significant than others. After you've only lost or won 3 points. However, that is to neglect the psychological impact on fans, players , managers and owners. Yesterday should be valued As 3 points plus extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2