2018 World Cup

Joe Jones

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  2,894
  • Days Won:  229

So it's World Cup eve today, tomorrow the biggest football tournament on the planet gets underway!

Let's get all your thoughts and opinions regarding the WC... what games are you looking forward to? Who will underachieve and overachieve? What's your favourite shirt? And of course who do you think will lift the shiny trophy come the end of it all?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

The opening game won't be a spectacular unlike previous tournaments, Portugal v Spain will be one of the best in the opening stages. Then week two Argentina v Croatia but I'm mostly keen to see England in action.   

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

im going to sound like im x3 my age but i hate when the world cup is on, people become idiots well more than usual and i hate the rowdiness created from all the drinking. i hope its over pretty quickly and i only watch the england games and maybe a few a others.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It's going to be interesting for Spain since they sacked their manager this morning, I think the opening games are always boring until you get midway into the tournament. Teams don't want to risk losing, so they play safe.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm taking it as it comes.

I do feel like @liampie almost, I like the World Cup but people do become intolerable with all the drinking. This is why I stay at home and I wouldn't travel during games either, but I'm looking forward to watching football.

I aim to watch all the games that I can possibly do.

There's no games which stand out for me and, I think Spain will be fine.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  534
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, ScottyP said:

Portugal v Spain will be one of the best in the opening stages.

Spain tend to be very boring in their opening games.

Portugal should be the far more attacking team but this game won't be a classic I feel.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  36

I initially was looking forward to the Portugal v Spain game, because I thought the winner of the tournament will be one of them. Spain sacking there coach though has totally confused the issue and I can't see them doing it now. 

I'll try and watch the England and Brazil games, but will probably only watch the others via the highlights, unless they're on and there isn't anything better to do.

• Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

I think the final will be a surprise, im going to go a Belgium vs Argentina Final. England vs Panama will be a good game just to see how much confidence we can play with. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

To be fair I’m lookivg forward to the whole thing. To see how far England can go and if we can win it you never know. The final I’m not sure about that but the shock team could Senegal they have done it before. 

• Content Count:  235
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, TM1993 said:

Spain tend to be very boring in their opening games.

Portugal should be the far more attacking team but this game won't be a classic I feel.

Maybe, I know what you're saying but I think it should prove to be one of the best games if one of the teams scores early.

It would force the game to open up.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  4

I think the world cup is a very exciting event and will be lots of fun.

• Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

I am only bothered about the England games and the final, the group stages I do watch but I don't watch hoping a certain team will win (unless it's an underdog). I mostly watch as a neutral,that way I can try to enjoy the games.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

5 hours ago, Fozzy said:

I initially was looking forward to the Portugal v Spain game, because I thought the winner of the tournament will be one of them. Spain sacking there coach though has totally confused the issue and I can't see them doing it now. 

I'll try and watch the England and Brazil games, but will probably only watch the others via the highlights, unless they're on and there isn't anything better to do.

I think Spain will be okay, the players will know what t do and the manager coming in can takeover.

They don't have a difficult group either, it's just the opening game. I think it will be quite physical more than entertaining due to the rivalry between the two nations, it should be spicy though.

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

The days of expectation have long past. I now just hope to watch an England team put in a performance. To be able to string a few passes together and compete in a footballing sense.

As for predictions! Those days are long past as well.    😊

• Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

I wont see the opening game, and at this rate i wont get to see anything of the opening ceremony. Dont think i'll be watching all the games. But will watch the England games. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

As long as either Serbia or Iceland win it I'm not bothered. And yes I have Iceland and Serbia in the sweepstake! :lol::lol:

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Heartbreak for Egypt, conceding that late goal seemed very cruel but they did have their own chances which they failed to make count. The free kick which also hit the woodwork late on for Uruguay was something special! They did seem to be pushing for the late goal.

A slightly better game this on IMO.

Archived