Alan Hardy vs. Gary Lineker

Joe Jones

We all love a good bit of Twitter beef don't we? Well, our very own Alan Hardy has locked horns with none other than legendary England striker, crisp-bothered and pitch-soiler Gary Lineker himself on Twitter.

It all started because of a naughty word said by the BBC MOTD man.

What with all the replies and follow-ons and everything, it will requite some sifting through, but it's all on here... mostly good natured luckily (or unluckily, if you fancied seeing these two having a scrap in the ML parking lot!)

The reason I refuse to open a Twitter account.  To be honest, neither of them come out of it well.  I don't have a problem with Lineker's language personally, but some will point to his BBC role and think differently.  Alan Hardy comes across as a bit of a dick to me, as Lineker says if you don't like it, don't follow.

Supporter+

Personally I think it’s a shame Lineker chooses to use foul language when there really isn’t any need to but then again I realise that unfortunately in this day age words like that are common language to some people who use them all the time. I’ve been called a snowflake before for having this point of view but that’s how I was brought up.

I am rapidly going off social media, I very rarely use Twitter or Facebook now.

oh god thats cringeworthy.

why did he have to tag him? he could have made the point like a normal person but it seems like a mountain made out of mole hill. seeing hardy say he got battered by millions makes me disappointed, its not about the amount of followers you have. if you have a point do it because its what you believe, not by some sort of popularity contest.

The thing is it’s all opinions, if Notts fans was to tell Alan Hardy that some of his tweets wasn’t acceptable - he would block them. I think the points there but the direct tweet seems wrong.

He’s not going to change the world with a single tweet.

I just feel very discontent from seeing things like this from a chairman, Gary could have made it look worse.

He took offence to some of my tweets which was not abusive and I did not criticize him.

I just told him what I thought, so I find it ironic to say the least that he's having a pop at Gary Linekar for dropping a few f*bombs. If Alan doesn't like it, why not complain directly to the BBC rather than pointing it out via social media.

It's the kind of tweet you know he hoped he would get a good response from mind.

I agree with Alan's point but not with the manner that he has gone about sending the message.

I would rather ignore something than to make a song and dance about it, then throw the towel in once I realized the person I publicly tried to shame had people who backed him. If he swore whilst working for the BBC, complain directly to them. If he swore in a tweet, ignore or unfollow him.

Alan Hardy has the choice about what he shows his children, bringing that up in the tweets seems quite obvious that he regrets his original tweet.

This is the reason why people need to be more aware of what they should and shouldn't say, surely Alan Hardy would have known people would come back at him but then this whole sucking up to Gary Linekar after. It just cries out attention seeker, he's an owner of a football club.

I think it looks worse on him TBH, I am sure he's got far more pressing matters.

I'm surprised this didn't make the Nottingham Post if I am perfectly honest. :lol:

The whole thing is just pathetic as I said before, I see plenty of people swear on a daily basis and I would never dream of telling them to stop - it's their right to express themselves but the follow tweets seems more about trying to patch things up. Alan should focus on more pressing matters, he's not going to make Gary Lineker change and unless the club wants to lose out on selling Walkers crisps I would leave him well alone. ;)

Archived