• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Here we go again, very disappointed.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Not surprised, but disappointed it didn't work.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,904
  • Days Won:  17

Sick of this, s'pose the ex red dog will be new manager. NOT HAPPY!

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  89

**** off. Such short-sited bollocks. Should have let Nolan bring in a couple of loans, even if we finished mid-table, fix up the defence in the summer and we're ready to go for the next season.

Why have we got two red dogs in charge now? ******* joke, Hardy's biggest mistake yet. 

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

He should of been given till at least Christmas. The players have cost him his job. The no fight players have made it a tough job. Who'd want to be a football manager ay? Shocked to say the least. 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  922
  • Days Won:  9

Upset. Gave the fans some great memories and brought some cracking players to the lane. Won't be the same without him there I don't think. However statistics don't lie. We handed automatic promotion to Wycombe last year on a plate. Winning only 8 in 28 up until now is relegation form. Wish him all the best I honestly do and I hope Notts County has had a considerable part to play in the next step of his career as a manager. Thankyou KN it's been a pleasure.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I suppose it's Hardy's club he owns it he spends the money so he should be able to do what he thinks is right for the good of the club and his investment. However, I do feel that Nolan should have been given longer maybe until Christmas, the new manager who ever he is will now have a ready made excuse if things go wrong "it's not my team", we desperately need some new signings in defence, goal and midfield but who's going to sign them? The new manager probably won't come in until at least a few days if they do all the interviews etc. and the deadline is at the end of the week.

I hope to God it's not Chettle but I wouldn't be at all surprised. I said in another thread to those wanting KN's head "be careful what you wish for".

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,307
  • Days Won:  69

What happened to "Evolution not revolution" said by AH only last week.There's not that much wrong with Notts but the whole defence needs organising urgently.I thought KN would have been given the opportunity to dip into the loan market and then be given until Christmas.I don't care  for  all the negative stuff I've read elsewhere but it does make you wonder if there is any truth in some of the behind the scenes stories.I hope the new manager is appointed quickly and, whoever it is,restores Notts to winning ways.

Alan Hardy does want best for the club however this is the first time I have ever disagreed with his decision. If he had gave Nolan till Christmas and results were poor then he should get rid then the new manager would of had January window to introduce new players. Far to early to sack someone. We've seen it before where a club has never recovered from a early sacking. Whoever comes in I hope they take full responsibility for everything good or bad. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I haven't felt well today, I struggled to get up but my wife said that Nolan had gone.

I felt shocked and I didn't quite understand what she meant, i was like 'what' and she joked about the scouting reports I wrote previously. She then said I didn't have to do them now, and that Kevin Nolan had left. I'm annoyed, if the players suddenly improve they need to be questioned and I would want them gone at the end of the season - I don't care. If the defending improves suddenly they don't deserve to play for this club if they intentionally try to get a manager sacked.

It's not the professional thing to do, all the talks been on Nolan and not the real issue.

I don't see any loan players coming in now and, I think this might have something to do with it. I'm just very disappointed to the point that if things don't work out, I will personally blame the players who have failed (among other issues).

• Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  1

The time had come, and I think Hardy has made the right decision. However, I don't think its as simple as bringing in a new manager. We still need a centre half, a left back, and a ball winning central midfielder.

• Content Count:  474
  • Days Won:  6
  • 𝕏:  twitter OldNottsfan

Sad, disappointed, confused, frustrated that Notts County seem destined for an eternal trip on the managerial merry go round ! How many more times are we going to be the laughing stock of the football community! 
Yes it’s a results based industry and although I would have given Kevin more time, I suppose sentiment can’t be allowed stand in the way if we are going to make any progress as a club.
Now, the acid test of Alan Hardy’s obvious ambition will come in his next managerial appointment. Will he go for experience or gamble again on an untried, inexperienced rookie in the hope of uncovering a diamond (pretty much what he did 18 months or so ago when many of us thought he’d found one).
Was the writing on the wall last week with the promotion/appointment of Chettle? (I sincerely hope not) Is there an experienced manager out there who feels confident enough to put his reputation on the line in the pursuit of Notts’ eternal dream ? Only time will tell but there is only days left in the loan window and unless there is a magician out there looking for game-full employment we can wave goodby to promotion for another season and maybe hello again to another desperate relegation scrap.
All we can do now is pray to the footballing gods that the messiah is out there, with an up to date P60 and a little black book full of available professional footballers looking for a club and willing to join the battle.
Some of us will be optimistic, others pessimistic. My unbridled optimism after the closed season signings (although only weeks ago) now seems a distant emotion leaving me somewhat numb and sick to the pit of my stomach. 
So hold tight folks, here we go again !!!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

madness and its sad to see people blaming kn solely for the mess.

hes the manager and he takes a position of the blame but the players have been awful. please can ah choose someone with experience and a good record, not someone like kewell.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I'm very disappointed with this. While I can understand it given our form over the past few months and the ridiculous start to the season, I feel Kevin Nolan had earned at least a bit more time to turn it around.

Ultimately, with the personnel we've got at the back, I don't see things improving, new manager or not. And with all the money we've spent, that's a sign of bad planning. Now I'm concerned that our lack of a permanent manager will make it more difficult to sign the players we badly need...

@DangerousSausage I agree, I'm disappointed to see him go so early on. Who knows what would of happened next? Who knows what will happen? Maybe if he's given time he might of done a job. But we will never know. 

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,808
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

4 hours ago, Natty said:

The time had come, and I think Hardy has made the right decision. However, I don't think its as simple as bringing in a new manager. We still need a centre half, a left back, and a ball winning central midfielder.

Perfect analysis from @Natty

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  383
  • Days Won:  8

As others have said, the man who puts up the money makes the decisions, I respect that, is it the right one?, time will tell. Let's hope so

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  633
  • Days Won:  1

I think it was the wrong decision to make when you are asking for fans to continue giving their backing and sticky together, AH has removed comments on Twitter about backing Nolan just like he did after the third goal went passed Fitzsimons against Yeovil was it?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

He should have been given time.

He fixed Notts in little to no time when Alan Hardy first took over, Notts looked lost and certain for relegation that season. He transformed the club and narrowly missed out on promotion. I wonder if Hardy would have sacked Kevin Nolan if we sat bottom of League One?

Given the opportunity to use the loan market, I think things would have been fine.

If AH has sacked Nolan to try and guaranteed promotion this season, then I think I could understand but if the hopes survival I am sure KN would have achieved this.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

Disappointed but not surprised.  I would have given him a minimum of ten games to see if he could sort things given what he has achieved previously, but this is another example of the "I want it now" society we seem to live in these days.  I suspect Hardy's liking for social media has made him think that an abusive minority are really the majority.  This thread alone suggests otherwise.  I've seen a 'points per game' table on another website which shows that of the 24 managers we've had since 1995, Nolan is in fourth place!  Sacking is the easy bit, replacing with someone better is a lot more difficult.  Over to you Mr Hardy.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,140
  • Days Won:  2

Rubbish, I have to change my username now and I might not like the next manager.

I understand why he's gone but I think he should have been given longer, it's not like he was on borrowed time. He did well previously and should have been given every opportunity to turn things around. I'm not becoming KingChettle or KingBowyer. Fu#k that.

@KingKev I agree, he should of been given more time but can understand why the change was made. Unfortunately its the players that have cost him. 

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

A run of poor form with a good squad leaking goals at the back.

I too would have given Kevin Nolan time to use the emergency loan, maybe Hardy wasn't prepared to give him more money? This could explain the quick decision to get rid in the hope that whoever comes in would be happy to work with the existing squad. I am disappointed by the lack of faith of some fans and Notts.

Archived