Sign in to follow this  
Northants Pie

Released Youth Players

Just thought you should all know that we have released the following kids, Max Culverwell, Tyreece Kennedy-Williams, Owen Betts, Coden Duncan & Oscar Ramirez.

Expect to see Max Culverwell at another league club very soon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Northants Pie said:

Just thought you should all know that we have released the following kids, Max Culverwell, Tyreece Kennedy-Williams, Owen Betts, Coden Duncan & Oscar Ramirez.

This might be a bit harsh, but really it should be 'at a league club', seeing as we're non-league now.

😔

Some promising youngsters there, Owen Betts played very well within the reserve cup final against Bournemouth.

He stood out head and shoulders above the likes of Dan Jones and Cedric Evina who seemed to play like it was a training game.

None are names I think would have stood much chance of players, the club had no faith in Max Culverwell otherwise they would have had him pushing to start.

Good luck to each of them, yet Notts needs better players and unless they will get game time its better for their careers.

I have only heard of the keeper, the rest nothing and I am not surprised at all. We can only wish them well.

Disappointing about Culverwell. Looked like he had potential and did ok in pre-season. So best of luck to him. Kennedy-Williams actually made an appearance under Kewell I believe so again maybe another one who got away?

Max Culverwell is many years away from being any teams keeper, he's okay at saving but very rash with his decision making. I would have been more surprised to see Notts train him, considering Joe Searson was a lot better when he was let go.

None of those youth players stood any chance of getting game time, there isn't a lot to dishearten by. The club needs to produce a higher standard of footballers, players who can learn and grow.

Can anyone honestly say any of these lads would feature for Notts next season? I don't think they would, so releasing them will kick start their careers if they manage to find a club.

It's natural to see one or two youngsters who have been pushing for first team football to leave, however these are no surprise to me. I haven't heard much, those who have seen the keeper don't seem to rate him.

Can we be shocked by these releases?

Well the retained list says that several of the listed players mentioned as being released have been given development deals, Owen Betts, Max Culverwell and Tyreece Kennedy-Williams.

This doesn't mean they'll accept, yet the chances of them leaving seems to be much lower now.

Owen Betts played brilliantly in the reserve cup final against Bournemouth as I mentioned, @Magic magpie snapped a picture of him and I think I can speak for the both of us that it's good to see him offered a deal. Max Culverwell has time to learn if he extends his stay, I see no reason why he wouldn't. Tyreece Kennedy-Williams I have heard things about, yet I don't know much. I can't recall seeing him play - he probably has but I tend to notice standout performers.

@Chris totally agree with him being offered a deal he’s a young player with bags of talent if he’s given the right mentorship and management he could be great. 

Youth development is where we should be building not just releasing players. I hope Owen Betts excepts on the contract. 

The very best of luck to them 

On 13/05/2019 at 13:37, Northants Pie said:

Max Culverwell, Owen Betts and Tyreece Kennedy-Williams have been offered new deals.

They can at least get a start in which they will progress, our clubs just doesnt have the funds or good enough coach for either team at the moment.