Where are they now: Bajner's failed trial in Rotterdam

Piethagoram

According to the information csakfoci.hu Bálint Bajner continue his career in the Dutch second-line stakeholders (Eerste Divisie) Excelsior football team.

We know the 28-year-old has also played a test game with former Dutchman Ricardo Moniz, coached by former Ferenc City trainer, where he has already made the playoffs against Den Bosch (4-1). Standing as a replacement for the 197 cm tall striker, he played the entire second half, convincing management and professional staff with his performance.

ACCORDING TO OUR INFORMATION, EXCELSIOR AND FOOTBALL HAVE AGREED ON EVERYTHING AND CAN ANNOUNCE THE PLAYER'S CONTRACT WITHIN DAYS. (...never happened)

Bajner most recently strengthened the Borussia Dortmund reserve team in the 2017/2018 season - scoring 10 goals and five assists in 62 steals - before that at Modena, Paks, Ipswich and Notts County, where his future coach, Ricardo Mon also played. Prior to the detour in England, the stations were Sulmona Calcio, Budapest Honvéd, Romanian Liberty Oradea, and Sopron.

http://www.csakfoci.hu/nemzetkozi-foci/bajner-ujra-legiosnak-all-a-korabbi-fradi-trener-csapataban-ter-vissza

According to this (machine-translated) news story I found, our Balint tried his luck in Vietnam in the summer. Looks like it might be time to get a proper job :(

"It is quite funny when recently, former Broussia Dortmund striker Balint Bajner could not have a successful trial at SHB Da Nang because of the intense sun in the central region of Vietnam at this time."

I might be one of few Notts fans who thought there was a decent player inside him, however, years of moving and being unsettled seems to have taken it's toll on his career. He had very good close control, he could skilfully take players on and defenders did seem to struggle against him. His pace wasn't great, but in small bursts it was more than fine. Issue is, his wages most likely wasn't good for a League One team, let alone be affordable League Two.

He could finish, he just seemed to suffer from confidence and that issue where his energy had been used before he struck the ball.

I wouldn't be surprised if he retired early, he'd make a good coach IMO.

I hold my hands up, I thought he looked like a wasteful lump and I did not rate him.

I'm not surprised his career is spiralling downwards, a player of his appearance should be fighting to prove people wrong. He seems content to jump from club to club and accept the wages offered.

Archived