Guess Who? The Notts County Edition

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,234
  • Days Won:  69

6 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Last throw of the dice for me.Does this player share his name with someone presently connected to my first team?

I'm wrong.Wrong era.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,684
  • Days Won:  27

28 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Last throw of the dice for me.Does this player share his name with someone presently connected to my first team?

I’m not familiar with all of Derby County’s players, but it’s interesting to note that both of his names can be considered first names.

Kevin Hector, Charlie George, Francis Lee,  Leighton James from Derby or  also John Terry.I'll carry on thinking.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  36

10 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

pI’m not familiar with all of Derby County’s players, but it’s interesting to note that both of his names can be considered first names.

You've just dropped an enormous clue and it has practically confirmed who I think he is.

I'll give the  game away a little and hope for half a point 😉

Was he born in Nottingham, and did he used to play for a team that has beaten us in the National league playoffs and another that comes from a University city (And if it's not him, I'm going to look a prat! :sweat:)?

• Like 2

I'm convinced that you're the only one who knows who the player is. Despite the massive clue, no one else has guessed it. You're incredibly good at this game. I'll leave the clue there for a bit longer, but please reveal the answer at some point. Next time, I'll be more subtle like a sneaky fox. Thanks!

• Like 1

OK, I’ll hopefully put everyone out of their misery. 😀

Was he considered short for his position?

Was it Steve Cherry’s understudy who ended up playing a string of games because of Chez’s form?

I’m pretty sure it’s Paul Reece, formerly of Stoke, Grimsby and later Oxford Utd.

It’s the post 2004-09 sides I struggle with as it’s a time I’ve tried to eradicate from my mind! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,793
  • Days Won:  162

@Fozzy you are too good at this and are such a tease when it comes to naming the player. @CliftonMagpie wants putting out of his misery. 😇🤣

• Haha 3

@Fozzy

Daniel Bryan Yes GIF

• Like 1

Please, @Fozzy. You’ve earned the praise and the point. Can you tell me who it is for my own sanity? We can’t move forward without an answer. I clearly need to become more cunning!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Please, @Fozzy. You’ve earned the praise and the point. Can you tell me who it is for my own sanity? We can’t move forward without an answer. I clearly need to become more cunning!

I did mate, I think it’s Paul Reece.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Oh, I see now that you mentioned it earlier. I thought you were just teasing me with more revealing questions that others might notice.

Points Table

@Fozzy - 3
@super_ram - 1

The fifth round will commence tomorrow at 6 pm.

I believe we have reached a stage in the game where we can introduce more structure. @Chris, would you be willing to share it on social media once I post the next round? Perhaps we can encourage more people to participate.

Yes, you heard correctly. After a member correctly guesses, I will start announcing the times for the next round. I will also try to respond more promptly, but I won’t give away many clues at first. Why not join in the fifth round tomorrow? The time for the next round is mentioned above - it’s at 6 pm!

@upthepies, @BromPie, @Joshua, @liampie, @4everapie, @gtownjohnno, @magpiejue, @DangerousSausage, @BESTpie, @thommo, @Piethagoram, @Richo, @Canadian, @Dripsey3, @ARLukomski, @MuddyPatchPie, @KB1862, @menzinho, @nottsnutter, @AmericanPie, @TheSkipper.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yes, of course, mate. I'd be happy to share it. 

Round 5:

Clue: This former English professional footballer was born in the North West. He played as a defender and represented England at youth level. He progressed through the ranks at a well-known team that competes in the top tier of English football. He later joined another team, where he made over 200 appearances and captained the side for two seasons.

Apologies for not posting this earlier. I’ve caught a cold and have been resting to recover in time for Wembley. I’m feeling much better now. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,427
  • Days Won:  15

This seems much harder. I’m guessing it’s Steve Finnan, although I don’t think he made 200 appearances for any of his clubs. Are you counting cup games?

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I’m aware that Tommy Johnson played for England at youth level, but he doesn’t meet the other criteria. I’m trying to recall players from the North East of the United Kingdom who have played for Notts.

• Like 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Gonna take a guess at a player we had on loan as he seems to fit all the above and say Stephen Darby. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, CliftonMagpie said:

Round 5:

Clue: This former English professional footballer was born in the North West. He played as a defender and represented England at youth level. He progressed through the ranks at a well-known team that competes in the top tier of English football. He later joined another team, where he made over 200 appearances and captained the side for two seasons.

Apologies for not posting this earlier. I’ve caught a cold and have been resting to recover in time for Wembley. I’m feeling much better now. Good luck to everyone!

Apology accepted, you must make sure you are in peak condition for Saturday.Hopefully the game won't be as energy sapping for Notts supporters as Monday's was.

• Like 2

Unbelievable! KB1862 has guessed correctly. Next time, I will keep the same idea but eliminate any parts that aren’t as common. I thought I would certainly have people stuck and guessing for at least two more teasers! Fozzy was pipped to it. Things may start to become a bit more interesting.

Points Table

@Fozzy - 3
@KB1862 - 1
@super_ram- 1

• Like 3

@CliftonMagpiebeen offline for most of the week, so only just got time to look at the question properly! 😂

Fair play to @KB1862thats a great guess and one I definitely would not have gotten from the first clue.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

@CliftonMagpiebeen offline for most of the week, so only just got time to look at the question properly! 😂

Fair play to @KB1862thats a great guess and one I definitely would not have gotten from the first clue.

I had absolutely no idea and can't say I remember the name.

• Like 1

@super_ram I think you may struggle unless they're well known to you.

It will make it a bit more fun for your mind.

You'll have to think outside the box and stop asking if they're connected to Derby County. Then @CliftonMagpie can sneak in an ex-player of both Notts and Derby! 😁🤣

• Surprised 1

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@Fozzy @CliftonMagpie

He's a player I quite often signed on Football Manager back in the day and he seemed to fit the bill so had to take a punt on him. 

I've read a lot of articles about him since he got diagnosed with MND. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chris said:

@super_ram I think you may struggle unless they're well known to you.

It will make it a bit more fun for your mind.

You'll have to think outside the box and stop asking if they're connected to Derby County. Then @CliftonMagpie can sneak in an ex-player of both Notts and Derby! 😁🤣

There are a lot of players with connections to both Notts and Derby,  so a good way of eliminating or confirming as a possibility. Anyway it gave me a chance to use the surprise button.lol

@super_ram Yes, but the likelihood of it being every time is quite slim. Since you've been regularly playing, I don't think @CliftonMagpie would be as mad to choose something so easy.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

@super_ram Yes, but the likelihood of it being every time is quite slim. Since you've been regularly playing, I don't think @CliftonMagpie would be as mad to choose something so easy.

I'll continue with my way of searching,  @Chris .I haven't seen many guess's from you yet so I don't think I'll be taking any advice from you any time soon.😜lol