[Vote] Pride of Nottingham's 2022-23 Signing of the Season

PON_News

Who should be awarded the Pride of Nottingham Signing of the Season?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which player do you think should be awarded the title of Pride of Nottingham Signing of the Season?

• Macaulay Langstaff
    • Aden Baldwin
    • Cedwyn Scott
    • Jodi Jones
    • Sam Austin
    • Geraldo Bajrami

This poll is closed to new votes

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,280
  • Days Won:  80

The Pride of Nottingham is thrilled to declare that the time has come to recognise the signing of the season! This distinguished honour is bestowed upon the individual who has demonstrated exceptional talent and commitment on the field since becoming a part of our team. We’re in search of someone who represents the desire to do well at Notts and has made a considerable impact on our team in a brief period. Who will emerge as this year’s champion? The decision is in your hands!

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,923
  • Days Won:  162

i think the biggest impact from a player has been from sam austin, yes, macaulay langstaff has been incredible on goal but austin has just been amazing in midfield.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Voting for the signing of the season can be a difficult decision, but with the impressive number of goals and records broken by Macaulay Langstaff, he certainly stands out among the rest. His achievements on the field have undoubtedly caught the attention of many and make him a strong contender for the title.

• Like 5

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

They've all contributed fantastically. I think Baldwin has been particularly key to the way we play but Langstaff, just wow.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

It’s hard not to vote for Macaulay Langstaff as the player of the season. He’s been outstanding and has played a key role in the success of the club. All of the players on the list have been important, but Langstaff gets my vote. It’s not just because of the impressive number of goals he’s scored, but also because of the positive attitude he’s shown while breaking records. He’s a true asset to the team.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Macaualay Langstaff has unquestionably been the most influential signing for Notts this season. Without his vital goals, Notts wouldn't be occupying 2nd place. Although all of the mentioned players have played their role, it's impractical to disregard the colossal impact Langstaff has made. He's genuinely transformed the game for the team.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I voted for Macaulay Langstaff, he deserves to be recognised as the club's best signing of 2022-23.

It's enjoyable seeing how many good signings we do make; it's not so much a prayer and hope for the best. You know that the research has gone into the recruits, and it's just a matter of seeing how they settle. I think Sam Austin for example has been class all season, but it's taken him some time to truly shine to the level that we know. This doesn't take anything away from his earlier performances; I just mean Austin has come into his elements now and has clearly settled in.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

While every player has offered a lot this season, you simply can’t look beyond macca, I wish I was one of those that put a bet on for top goal scorer at the start of the season! 

I remember my uncle asking why we’d signed players from the division bellow, I explained they are on the way up, and we’ll macca, he could go to the moon!

• Like 4

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

It could easily be Jodi Jones, but he hasn’t started enough games. He seems to be a player waiting in the wings to be signed permanently before he establishes himself as a regular. Aden Baldwin, Cedwyn Scott and Sam Austin all deserve praise, but it has to go to Macaulay Langstaff as this season’s best signing.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

This should be a runaway poll in favour of Macaulay Langstaff as the Signing of the Season. His goals and teamwork have been outstanding and he’s been a true hitman up front. He’s brought so much to the team and it’s been a pleasure to watch him play.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392

With an impressive 42 goals to his name, it’s no wonder I was compelled to vote for Macaulay Langstaff as the signing of the season. He has proven to be a brilliant asset to the club and an absolute steal of a bargain!

3 hours ago, Turkey_Twizzler said:

I remember my uncle asking why we’d signed players from the division bellow, I explained they are on the way up, and we’ll macca, he could go to the moon!

Was yiur uncle aware of his background before making such a remark? In a professional setting or even on the internet, a comment like that would surely spark a flood of witty retorts! Considering he’s only one tier below our league, I doubt he’ll ever live it down. 😂

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

I could not vote for Macca to be honest. 

I think in any other season, any of the above would have been in with a shout (with the possible exception of Baj, not that I don't rate him), but for this one I can only see one winner.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

I will say this honour-mention must go to Archie Meir. The comes in near the end of the season and plays brilliant even his penalty save against Altrincham was class

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

It's hard not to vote for Langstaff given all the goals and records, and his goals may yet get us into the fourth division. But we've done some superb business in general this season. 

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Gotta be Macca hasn't it. 42 goals. Amazing. COYP

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

Macaulay Langstaff has been by far the best signing of the season. His goals, attitude, hunger and teamwork make it hard to suggest anyone else remotely comes close. However, Sam Austin does deserve praise for how he’s worked throughout the season.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  461
  • Days Won:  2

This was an easier decision for me than choosing the Player of the Season. The Signing of the Season has done far more than just break records. They have ignited hope for future success and if the club is lucky enough to continue to progress with them, the future looks bright.

• Content Count:  882
  • Days Won:  1

Jodi Jones has brought a lot of quality to the team and I believe he should play more frequently. If he did, he would definitely be up there as a top contender. Sam Austin has also been very good and looks to be a solid acquisition for the club. However, the player who gets my vote for Signing of the Season is Macaulay Langstaff. He has had an outstanding season and has made a significant impact on the team.

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,520
  • Days Won:  9

Macaulay Langstaff has undoubtedly been the Signing of the Season for Notts. He has seamlessly integrated into the team and has become an integral player. His goals, performances, attitude and desire to succeed as part of a team make him the clear choice for this accolade.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  735
  • Days Won:  3

Macaulay Langstaff has had an impressive first season at Notts County and has certainly made a strong case for being named the signing of the season. He has consistently performed well on the pitch and has been a valuable asset to the team. It’s great to see him getting the recognition he deserves and I would definitely cast my vote for him as the signing of the season.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3,392

Macaulay Langstaff is running away with this. I bet even a fortune teller could have made predictions of such praise. Mind you, scoring 42 in a single season is quite handy to know beforehand.

• Content Count:  18,280
  • Days Won:  80

Here is the Pride of Nottingham Signing of the Season as voted by fans. There was only going to be one player really!