Team Talk - Notts TV

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,960
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Does anyone watch Team Talk? It’s a show dedicated to all three Nottinghamshire teams hosted by Mark Shardlow, Charlie McParland is a regular panellist then they have guests, sometimes fans, sometimes ex footballers etc. Our own @Chris has been a panellist.

Anyway this week Charlie said he was disgusted that the Council didn’t hold a civic reception for Notts when they did for F*r*st, the F*r*st fan on the panel said it wasn’t the same because the r*ds went into the Premiership, Charlie (bless him) had a bit of a go at him and got quite agitated, I think they cut some of it out. 😂

I’ve got a lot of time for Charlie McParland, he speaks a lot of sense and is very knowledgeable about the game. He also doesn’t suffer fools and speaks his mind.

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,713
  • Days Won:  36

Got to admit that I haven’t watched Teamtalk for several years, not since Christian Hewitt left the station. Does Adrian Rawden still represent the Notts fans on it? 

If it wasn’t for Notts fans kicking off and shaming them, the council would probably have just ignored us and given Forest an open top bus parade to celebrate staying up!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Supporter+

@Fozzy Yes Adrian is a frequent contributor.

Edited by Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I haven't watched it for a while. I must admit, it's a bit difficult to watch Notts TV when I'm upstairs and that's where I spend most of my time. I would love to get back on the show mind, Charlie McParland was great with me - seriously such a kind person. We sat in the café area before we went live, and he told me stories about his time at Notts. I think he was trying to calm me down, as I was getting a bit nervous. Even John Thompson was great.

You can watch this past Wednesday TeamTalk here - https://nottstv.com/programme/team-talk-wednesday-17th-may/

As for the time, I couldn't say. I did try to find out, but I am wondering if the shows are taking a short break now that the seasons are over? I couldn't even find out what time the last show aired.

• Like 5

Supporter+

@Chris it airs at 8.00pm every Wednesday. I usually record it and watch it when I can, it is repeated at other times too.

They will take a break during close season but they’ll probably carry on for a couple of weeks while F*r*st are still playing.

• Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

i tried, i find the channel very behind the times and team talk has bored the life out of me. its not the same as match talk, i wished the bbc radio nottingham would bring it back. all the waffle about mansfield and forest.

the people they have on dont help, adrian is fine but usually the forest fans are mind numbing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+

@liampie that’s why I record it, I can fast forward anything I’m not interested in.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  46
  • Days Won:  0

The novelty quickly wore off for me and I haven’t watched it in years. I think the format would be more appealing if it included more than just people giving their opinions. Including clips from fans and making it feel like a must-watch show would be more interesting. Rather than just having ex-footballers and fans discussing the season, what’s fun about that?

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

I only watched the show 2 or 3 times, the first time was to support the PON gaffer. I don’t think it’s the best show out there - it’s pretty straightforward and uneventful.

• Like 4

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,557
  • Days Won:  9

Unfortunately, I don’t find the show worth my time to watch. It’s great to have a Nottingham TV channel, but the potential gets lost and Team Talk is such a boring show.

• Like 3

Supporter+

Just me then 🙄😆

• Haha 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

To be honest, I did watch the show for some time but found it difficult when I moved to Leeds for university. I think it would be better if they changed the guest panel more frequently and incorporated fan segments where they could have their say via webcam or something similar.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t want to sound offensive, but my grandfather watches the show and enjoys it. I would rather watch paint dry and I know my parents feel the same way. Everyone has their own tolerance. I just find it boring. It could do with a lively host who’s fun and energetic.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,371
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Just me then 🙄😆

Actually, I do watch the show from time to time, but not religiously. I would watch it more frequently if they injected some life into it. That’s my only criticism.

• Like 4

Supporter+
15 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I don’t want to sound offensive, but my grandfather watches the show and enjoys it. I would rather watch paint dry and I know my parents feel the same way. Everyone has their own tolerance. I just find it boring. It could do with a lively host who’s fun and energetic.

@Joshua No offence taken. I’m probably old enough to be your grandfather, old men can be Notts supporters too you know. 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,408
  • Days Won:  69

14 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Does anyone watch Team Talk? It’s a show dedicated to all three Nottinghamshire teams hosted by Mark Shardlow, Charlie McParland is a regular panellist then they have guests, sometimes fans, sometimes ex footballers etc. Our own @Chris has been a panellist.

Anyway this week Charlie said he was disgusted that the Council didn’t hold a civic reception for Notts when they did for F*r*st, the F*r*st fan on the panel said it wasn’t the same because the r*ds went into the Premiership, Charlie (bless him) had a bit of a go at him and got quite agitated, I think they cut some of it out. 😂

I’ve got a lot of time for Charlie McParland, he speaks a lot of sense and is very knowledgeable about the game. He also doesn’t suffer fools and speaks his mind.

@Fan of Big Tone you didn't mention the other panellist !!!!!! I liked his expression as he watched the r*d give his opinion on the reception.Charlie was great.

Supporter+
7 hours ago, super_ram said:

@Fan of Big Tone you didn't mention the other panellist !!!!!! I liked his expression as he watched the r*d give his opinion on the reception.Charlie was great.

Yes David McGoldrick. If you notice when they cut Charlie off in mid flow and quickly moved on to Mansfield McGoldrick is smiling, I reckon Charlie said something he shouldn’t or it got too heated and they cut it out. I’d love to see the uncut version. 

• Love 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,408
  • Days Won:  69

4 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Yes David McGoldrick. If you notice when they cut Charlie off in mid flow and quickly moved on to Mansfield McGoldrick is smiling, I reckon Charlie said something he shouldn’t or it got too heated and they cut it out. I’d love to see the uncut version. 

Yes @Fan of Big Tone,Charlie is getting carried away with his impassioned view  and you can  see Mark Shardlow getting a bit agitated

• Like 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,136
  • Days Won:  2

I’ve watched Team Talk before. It’s difficult to keep up with it when there are more mainstream channels that take priority, but I should make an effort to watch it more often. It’s not a bad show, it just needs a few tweaks.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  570
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

Yes, I watch Team Talk when it’s on. I very seldom miss it. I concur with the remarks about missing BBC Radio Nottingham’s Match Talk. It wasn’t the same after David Jackson stopped doing it, but I quite like Team Talk.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1,966

On 19/05/2023 at 22:54, Fan of Big Tone said:

@Joshua No offence taken. I’m probably old enough to be your grandfather, old men can be Notts supporters too you know. 😂

It’s just that people my age watch less TV and more stuff on YouTube and streaming services. It’s a generation thing.

• Like 1

Supporter+
51 minutes ago, Joshua said:

It’s just that people my age watch less TV and more stuff on YouTube and streaming services. It’s a generation thing.

Yep, I know I’ve seen my grandchildren, can’t understand you youngsters fancy not wanting to watch Coronation Street….unbelievable!:rollonfloorlaughing:

Actually I’m joking even I don’t watch that anymore.

• Like 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,489

I seldom watch Team Talk, but I must admit I have to remind myself that it exists and is on Notts TV. If I didn’t, I could easily forget more often. Thankfully, their site has a nice list of shows that you can catch up on.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

It appears that I might need to invest in a VPN provider, but I will verify if I can stream the episodes online. @Fan of Big Tone, you may not be the only one in that case. We could initiate a Team Talk review club on here. 😂

• Like 3

Supporter+
8 hours ago, AmericanPie said:

It appears that I might need to invest in a VPN provider, but I will verify if I can stream the episodes online. @Fan of Big Tone, you may not be the only one in that case. We could initiate a Team Talk review club on here. 😂

@AmericanPie you can get the programmes from the Notts TV website here

https://nottstv.com