Ruben to Derby?

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Does @super_ram know anything about this?

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

He should do it because I told him about the rumour ages ago. I actually didn't believe it personally, but it did come from someone that I wouldn't say is a liar, but I thought it might have been a windup. Supposedly they and other clubs have been closely monitoring him. i wonder if the same person told Ade about the Derby interest, although I could tell @super_ram a number of rumours, and he will be like, "I'll believe it when it happens." 😂

• Like 8

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

the post was mentioned the last time when rubens contract was up for renewal, they rejected in their paper that he was being scouted to sign but admitted he was on their radar. things might have changed with him becoming more consistent and having his best season yet. i have not heard the derby rumour, i know ipswich and barnsley had been rumoured to be interested.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Of all the players we've offered contacts to, Rodders will probably be the hardest to hold on to. He's given us three great years and was a key part of the promotion team. Hopefully he'll decide to stick around, but if he does leave I wish him all the best (providing he doesn't do something stupid, like sign for Mansfield).

The good news is that in Jones and Austin, we've already got replacements on board, if we need them. 

• Like 7

• TheSkipper changed the title to Ruben to Derby?

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

With all due respect to @super_ram and his Derby County, I wouldn’t leave a newly-promoted team to join a side that has experienced as much difficulty as Derby has in recent years.

I know Notts had been relegated when we first acquired Rubem Rodrigues and the situation is quite similar. The main point is that they have the ability to spend and, as a free agent, he’s likely to be easily disposable if they were to gain promotion to the Championship. I just feel that he would be regarded as nothing more than a temporary signing.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I hope Ruben looks at our squad and his teammates and realises that now isn’t the time for him to leave. Both Notts and Derby have a good chance of gaining promotion. Both have question marks about where they’ll finish, but on paper, they should be in with a shout for promotion. I just don’t see how the club is more appealing than us right now.

• Like 5

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

I am hopeful that Ruben stays, as he is a vital player in our team, and it would be challenging to see him adapting to life quickly in another club. However, if he does decide to leave, I would prefer it to be for a team like Derby, where he could continue to flourish.

• Like 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,300
  • Days Won:  69

It's the silly season regarding transfer rumours. I haven't heard anything from my Derby fan friends about any potential signings and neither  David Clowes or Paul Warne have confided in me. As  @Chris mentions I don't take notice of any news until it comes from official sources.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I believe, realistically, Ruben will likely desire to advance in his career. However, it might not happen immediately. Notts has the potential to provide him with a higher wage and convince him they are building something unique. That being said, I concur with @DangerousSausage that retaining Ruben will be a challenging task. 

Numerous clubs will undoubtedly be pursuing his signature. One should not dismiss the possibility of a return to the Netherlands or even Ruben's home country of Portugal.

• Like 1

@super_ram Aye, but I am curious if you remember me telling you. I still think it's nothing more than Ruben being watched by one of your scouts, if he was to move to Derby then at least he's off to a good team.

• Love 1

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

If he’s going to go then Derby might be the best place so that @super_ram can keep us abreast of his progress, I hasten to add I hope he doesn’t go though.

• Like 1

Here we go again !!!!!

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I’d love him to stay, and I’ll be ecstatic. But I feel like he’s been such a good servant to the club I’d be happy for him if he moves on (and upwards) because he deserves it. Football’s such a short career and he’s too good to be playing lower league football. I look at players like Mason-Clarke (formerly of Barnet) doing well in league 1 and Ruben is as good as him (if not better). And with our current recruitment I feel a lot more confident we’ll sign a good replacement so we shouldn’t miss him, but if he does go the initial news will hurt.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Don't believe rumours until they're proven true. Scoop Curtis probably won't look into it since he mostly covers Derby. Too much effort got him, they should hire Ollie.

• Haha 2

I don't believe the tweet, I think he's picking up on what others have said and is adding his own spice to make him sound more credible. If both players want to make it happen, then they'd have struck an agreement at this stage. The fact that's added, it just reads like nonsense to me.

Now I do believe there's genuine interest, but I don't believe that tweet.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Alex Pooley 😂

This is another example of someone twisting information from a reliable source to create nonsense. I agree with Chris that if both clubs want a deal, they will find a way to make it work and the tweet would be irrelevant. It’s interesting to discuss, but it’s best to avoid people who pretend to know what’s happening. If Ruben and Derby both want to make a deal happen, what’s stopping them?

I doubt Ruben would demand specific wages and bonuses and Derby would delay the discussion. They would negotiate and reach an agreement. I don’t think any deal is being considered since Ruben Rodrigues is probably on vacation with his family.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

If this post had any real relevance what transfer fee would we be looking at ?

• Like 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Did I not mention it before? I spoke to several people close to Ruben, including his cousins, friends, mother and best friend. They all confirmed that he was on holiday in Talacre. This means that he is most likely going to sign for Wrexham. Get your pitchforks ready! But wait a minute... I never used to behave like this.

@super_ram He's out of contract, nothing.

• Haha 6

48 minutes ago, allardyces tash said:

Did I not mention it before? I spoke to several people close to Ruben, including his cousins, friends, mother and best friend. They all confirmed that he was on holiday in Talacre. This means that he is most likely going to sign for Wrexham. Get your pitchforks ready! But wait a minute... I never used to behave like this.

@super_ram He's out of contract, nothing.

I thought June 30th was the actual contract expiry date,I am aware of pre contracts.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

I think that once a player's contract has less than six months left, they are allowed to start negotiating new deals with other teams. This means that Ruben could have already started talking to other clubs if he wanted to. However, I don't think he has engaged in any contract talks yet, not even with Notts. At this point, it just seems unlikely.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

I fully expect Ruben to leave, and I think he will go back to the continent to be closer to his family as I seriously doubt another EFL club would interest him (obviously I could be miles out as I normally am).

• Love 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,466
  • Days Won:  5

I don’t think Ruben is desperate to leave Notts. I think he will listen to offers and go from there. Hopefully, his heart makes the decision, not his head or the talk of money. He could really leave behind a legacy or end up a forgotten player if he chooses poorly. As for Derby, there don’t seem to be any credible sources linking him.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  282
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t believe in speculation until there’s concrete evidence. These places tend to pick up each other’s stories and add fiction to make them different. There’s no fun in reading false stories.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Well someone on Derby's forum says it's 90% done deal, which probably means in reality there's a 10% chance of it happening!

Also someone on there wasn't too keen and called him "a stone overweight" 😲 Don't go Ruben, they'll be no body shaming from any of us!

• Haha 2