Favourite coffee outlet

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

When me and Mrs. Fan of Big Tone go out we often like to pop into a coffee shop for our favourite drink cappuccino, we original used to prefer to find a local independent business to support but found some good but some very poor, we never knew which it would be. One day we tried a Costa Coffee and it was really good and every time we visit one it’s the same standard so they are now our favourite place to go for coffee, we felt a bit guilty supporting big mega businesses rather than local ones but then Costa provide jobs for locals don’t they?

Anyway that’s our favourite, where do you get your coffee fix?

• Like 12

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I don't consume tea or coffee; I've never been able to tolerate them. On warm days, I enjoy treating myself to a milkshake from McDonald's, provided their machines are functioning. Otherwise, I mostly drink water as I'm not particularly interested in other beverages.

• Like 6

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,443
  • Days Won:  287

I only tend to buy coffee to go at the airport now, and I wouldn't say any are my favourite. I've avoided Starbucks for a long time, no taste whatsoever.

There's a German chain called Tchibo that's pretty decent. But now I pretty much always make my own filter coffee and fill it into a flask before I go to work. It's cheaper and tastes better. 

• Like 6

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  502
  • Days Won:  2

Costa would be our go to if we don't know an area, but in Canterbury 'Ginge and Fringe' and 'Wildings' are both excellent, so we go there most weekends,  Some tips for Nottingham would be handy though!

• Like 5

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

There's a place just down the road from where I live called the Coal Bunker. Me and my wife tend to take a trip there every now and again for breakfast when I'm off work and the kids are at school. Hands down the best coffee I've ever had. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  9
  • 𝕏:  twitter Megan_Elizax

I don't really have a favourite coffee place. Wherever I go, I have a latte. I do love  200 degree coffee. But the majority if the time I go to ASDA cafe or Greggs, when I'm out and about. When I'm at home I have a vanilla or salted caramel one from Kenco that you just add water to. 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  502

2 hours ago, KB1862 said:

There's a place just down the road from where I live called the Coal Bunker. Me and my wife tend to take a trip there every now and again for breakfast when I'm off work and the kids are at school. Hands down the best coffee I've ever had. 

Where is that?

If you want good coffee - Lankmark blend from Heartland Roasters is very good, and their Monsson Malabar is fab. I have just started using Bird and Wild Espresso Blend which is nice too.  They use shade grown coffee which is grown under the rainforest canopy and is more environmentally friendly as it encourages wildlife and birdlife to live alongside the coffee plantations. You can buy all of those online.

I love my coffee!! 

• Like 3

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

@Ohh Tommy Johnson it's in Coalville. 

A work mate of mine is a massive coffee lover. He often brings some in to work, multiple varieties, and is the reason for me moving over to black coffee. 

Although, since I was ill a few weeks back I haven't really touched much coffee. Have the odd one on a weekend morning or workday mornings when I need that wake up call. 

If I have coffee at home, it has to be Colombian. That's the good stuff. 

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741

This is a strange one, as I don’t like their food but my grandchildren love it when I take them there because I like their coffee. McDonalds is my preferred choice over Costa or Starbucks, also Morrisons cafe is a nice place to have a bite or a drink.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i dont drink tea or coffee either, i do like hot chocolate and costa make some really nice drinks with caramel in that i find very nice. i try not to over spent on drinks though, its more a treat every now or then otherwise i would be spending fair amount of my wages on something not really worth the price. 😛 

• Like 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

Costa is nicer than Starbucks but both are just as bad as those chemically made energy drinks. I prefer coffee made at home, especially if it’s freshly ground with a bit of cream or milk.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,347
  • Days Won:  1

I buy coffee from instant machines in supermarkets and local stores if I want a warm drink. Sometimes I will buy one from Greggs; I stay clear of Costa fortune and Starregrets.

It makes sound like a right cheapskate.

• Like 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

I don’t drink tea or coffee, both have never appealed to me. I don’t think my parents drink it much themselves either, though my dad is strictly coffee. I’ve tried it a few times, it just doesn’t taste nice to me.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don’t know anyone my age who drinks at Costa or Starbucks or drinks coffee. I know some people who drink tea, especially lemon and honey. I personally stick to soft drinks, water and fruit juices.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I have access to both Costa and Starbucks, depending on which one is closer to me at the time. However, I am not a big coffee drinker. When it comes to food, I prefer Costa for their muffins and cakes.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

I won’t drink instant coffee unless I have to as I think it’s vile. I do like a nice cafetiere of coffee, fortnum and mason do some nice blends that we occasionally buy.

As far as drinking out is concerned, we normally have a Starbucks if available, with a nice cinnamon swirl. Costa has way too much caffeine in its coffee and leaves me running around like Beaker from the muppets trying to put out a fire! If I have to have a Costa, it’s always a decaf. I have to admit that their sandwiches are decent as they’re from M&S.

I sometimes have a Greggs coffee but that’s because I’m on O2, so can have a free one every day if I feel like it and I’ve also started a new job at Notts County Council and they have a 200 degrees coffee stall near reception and that’s OK as well.

After all that, I would still rather have a nice cup of everyday tea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
2 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Costa has way too much caffeine in its coffee and leaves me running around like Beaker from the muppets trying to put out a fire!

That really made me laugh thanks @Fozzy

It’s interesting to see that quite a few of you don’t drink tea or coffee, I thought that coffee was really popular. I never drink tea but I love my coffee, I recently bought a Tassimo coffee machine it makes a good cup of coffee at home.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have never had coffee, I don't like tea either. Yet I can make good coffee, both expresso and instant, the key is how you allow the coffee to react to the heat. When I worked at Harts Resturant and Hotel, I used to have to make coffee quite often, and you soon pick up the habit.

I've always been good at times like this; for example I can make pancake mix without measuring it. 😂

The key to that is in the mixture and colour; once you know what to look for the consistency will always be there - likewise for Yorkshire puddings. I'm doing my best effort at derailing this conversation, as a means to distract from the fact I don't drink coffee. It's just horrible mud water, I used to say when I was little.

Since being told I have been in danger of developing diabetes, I have started to drink more water. Before that, I would drink fruit juices, mostly orange or pineapple mixed with lemonade. I'm a real kid at heart. Please don't comment in regard to this latter bit. My sugar levels have lowered, and I'm told I am in admission, so provided I continue and lose more weight I will be fine (which I am).

• Like 3

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,770
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

https://200degs.com/pages/location-nottingham-carrington-street end of discussion, agreeing with @Megan_Elizax

Caffe Nero a good alternative

• Like 2

• Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

Costa is my favourite coffee shop out of all of them. There used to be a small vendor in Nottingham City Centre that I really liked, but unfortunately it closed down during the first COVID lockdown.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  43

Speaking of UK coffee places, they vary in quality and taste. My favourite is Costa Coffee and their Caramel Latte is delicious. There are many other coffee places in the UK that offer great drinks and atmosphere. Some popular chains include Starbucks, Caffè Nero, and Pret A Manger. Each has its own unique style and menu offerings. In addition to the chains, there are also many independent coffee shops that offer a more local and unique experience. Whether you prefer a classic espresso or a flavoured latte, there’s something for everyone in the UK’s coffee scene.

• Like 1
  • Love 1