McGoldrick returns to #Notts!

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i hope he does well for us, i am a bit nervous about us losing speed in important areas. i do think he will be playing behind the strikers though.

• Like 15

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

I believe that bringing in a player with experience could be invaluable for a team, regardless of whether it's a push for automatic promotion, playoffs or even fighting to avoid relegation. In my opinion, there is nothing to lose by signing such a player who could bring composure and guidance on and off the pitch. Therefore, I am highly pleased that the team has decided to take this step and bring in a seasoned player. It's now our responsibility as fans to get behind the team, encourage them and support the new player as they settle in. With a combination of passion and experience, there is nothing stopping our team from achieving its potential.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

In my opinion, it all depends on his role and the number of games he played. He performed well for Derby in a team that was pretty much forced together. I have decided to see the bigger picture and feel that if he can do well in that situation, his experience can help us in ours.

• Like 13

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I think having heard his interview, I feel like there's room for him in our squad and that we well hopefully benefit from it. I hope he brings a strong togetherness and leadership, similar to what we have seen from John Bostock, but I really do hope we draw the line on signing anyone else the wrong side of 30.

Welcome home David, I wish you will. I hope you score plenty of goals and more importantly, I hope we are better as a squad with your presence.

• Like 14

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I think I might have been wrong about this deal. After hearing David McGoldrick’s interview, I realised that he is not just coming back to Notts for a sentimental reason. He genuinely wants to help the club and he still has a lot of passion and quality to offer.

I was too quick to judge him and the club. I thought this was a bad idea for both parties. I thought McGoldrick should retire at a higher level, where he could enjoy his final days as a professional. I thought he had nothing to prove at Notts and he would only tarnish his legacy by playing in a lower division. I thought Notts should look for younger and hungrier players who could help us climb the table and challenge for promotion.

But now I see that I was wrong. McGoldrick is not coming back to Notts for a holiday. He is coming back to make a difference. He still has a lot of fire in his belly and he can inspire the rest of the team with his experience and skill. He is not afraid of the challenge and he is not here to take anyone’s place. He is here to add value and quality to the squad.

I apologise for being too harsh and cynical. I hope McGoldrick proves me wrong and shows everyone what he can do at Notts. I hope he enjoys his return and makes us proud. I hope he stays away from injuries and plays with joy and confidence. He deserves our respect and support, not our doubt and criticism.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

I get why people were cautious about signing McGoldrick. Signings like David Vaughan probably linger in the memory, but he wasn’t offered a contract having just had one of his best seasons to date. Goals, assists and just general quality play, he cleaned up at Derby's end of season awards too.

The reaction from pretty much all of Derby’s fans tells a story too, they’re gutted and only have good things to say about him. Honestly, I’m really looking forward to seeing McGoldrick in a Notts shirt next season.

• Like 9
  • Love 5

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Well I have a night off and look what happens. This could be a great signing, I know some people had doubts but if he starts banging in the goals they will soon be dispelled. Welcome home David. :happybanana:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

3 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Well I have a night off and look what happens. This could be a great signing, I know some people had doubts but if he starts banging in the goals they will soon be dispelled. Welcome home David. :happybanana:

He scores goals from nowhere, @Fan of Big Tone but he is great at holding the ball and bringing others into play.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

@super_ram what’s the overall reaction from Derby fans, are they sorry to see him go or glad to get rid and what are your thoughts?

• Like 2

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I’m happy with the signing, I do agree there’s a risk but it’s one I now feel is worth taking. He has more than experience to offer, dropping a division should see him get the two years Notts has offered him. He is a proven goalscorer and a fan favourite, he could be the difference maker for us.

• Like 11

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  735
  • Days Won:  3

Good to have David McGoldrick back home, I hope he does well and manages to help the club secure a top half finish. It feels like the club is on the verge of something special again, we just need a few more quality players to add depth. He is a legend but he is not here to rest on his laurels, he is here to work hard and score goals.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I honestly didn’t know what to make of this and I still feel indifferent, it’s one of those you can see it going either way. I believe David McGoldrick will work hard but sometimes you need pure quality and I’m worried what happens if he’s not as mobile as we need. That said, I welcome him and I’m pleased we have signed our third player. Do you think he will fit in well with our style of play?

• Like 10

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

It’s good to have you come back home, David McGoldrick. Work hard for us and you will win over the majority of fans. You have always been a favourite of mine and I’m glad you are wearing our shirt again. You have the quality and the experience to make a difference for us.

• Like 8

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

I’m fine with the signing, I do agree there’s a risk but it’s one I now feel is worth taking. He has more than experience to offer, dropping a division should see him get the two years Notts has offered him. Could you imagine how he would terrorise the defenders in this league?

• Like 7

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,298
  • Days Won:  69

24 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@super_ram what’s the overall reaction from Derby fans, are they sorry to see him go or glad to get rid and what are your thoughts?

I

I think most fans are sorry to see him go but there are the usual 'fans' who have an attitude that if he isn't a Derby County player then he's rubbish.Some so called fans drive me mad,not just Derby,  but all clubs fans. I've commented elsewhere that I think(My opinion only) that Derby probably only offered him a one year contract,with the hope that we are in the Championship for 2024/25 season.If Derby do get promoted,(a very big if)then Didzy would be 37ish.It's a similar scenario with Rodriguez,if he doesn't sign for Derby, some 'fans' say  'he's not good enough anyway' but if he did sign -draw your own conclusion.The short answer is most fans accept his decision and wish him and Notts well.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

This is quite the signing. In my heart of hearts I didn't think it was going to happen, but here he is. Let's hope he fits in well and picks up where he left off last season. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

Welcome home, David McGoldrick. We are absolutely thrilled to have you back with us. You can count on our full support as we know that you will give it your all and put in every effort you can.

We are delighted with the signing and your comments have been fantastic. It is clear that you are dedicated to the team and we are confident that you will make a great contribution. We look forward to seeing you in action.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

Welcome back to Meadow Lane, Dave McGoldrick! I hope you stay determined and focused throughout the season and score plenty of goals. If you read PON and my message, I bet you can’t outscore Macca or Cedwyn Scott. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Content Count:  495
  • Days Won:  1

Once settled in, Big Dave should be able to prove himself. He scored some good goals for Derby and shone in one of their weakest teams for years despite their hands being tied. I think McGoldrick joining our squad would be similar, but with more confidence and ability behind us.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

I believe David McGoldrick should do well. I don’t expect him to score over 20 goals and I think some other fans should lower their expectations, but I believe he will contribute with assists. He’s very much Notts through and through if you watch his interview.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  73

It’s good to see McGoldrick come back. He and Jim O’Brien may retire at the same point. So, there’s room to break the testimonial rules and just honour a friendly in their names if this ends up being the case. Welcome back to Meadow Lane, David.

Edited by Randall
  • Like 4

• Content Count:  133

David McGoldrick seems to have won everyone over. I am pleased he’s back and appreciate what he’s said since his return. He sounds very focused, considering Derby still wanted him. This suggests it should work out for us, but nobody knows when a player’s legs will go. I believe he will be fit enough.

• Like 3