• 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

• Like 19
  • Love 2
  • Surprised 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,908
  • Days Won:  162

after he was sacked from forest green rovers, he kept coming back to notts. i thought the way he jumped ship with ian burchnall was more of an opportunist that the wwe wrestler edge. i dont know why fans worship him over the likes of jim o brien. i also dont know why i am surprised to see him go back to portsmouth. he probably tried coventry too, only to be told we are good thanks.

• Like 16

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,728
  • Days Won:  27

Good luck to Michael Doyle. I think he will do well working with younger players. It’s a role I wish Notts would talk Jim O’Brien into, although he’s already doing it with Sheffield United. If we could get him and maybe David McGoldrick to help out, we might start seeing some youngsters mentally ready for first-team football. I think the club should explore this. Michael Doyle should be perfect in his role with Portsmouth.

• Like 16

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,993
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I really, really disliked Michael Doyle when he was at Coventry. When he joined us, I hadn't forgotten about the playoffs or comments, but I did accept him without being biased. Over time, I felt that he wasn't worth a place in our team and, this went against popular opinion but I think when he did retire, it was long due and he had more to offer as a coach. It was a huge mistake by him to leave with Ian Burchnall.

Yet I am pleased he's found his feet at Portsmouth. He will do well in this role, as he's very passionate about helping and football in general.

I have heard stories of him going to support the youth academy and under 18s, which I respect. I spoke to him a few times, he's a nice guy and that got my respect but I just felt we may have done better replacing him sooner. It was never personal, but I do remember those comments about how poor we were and how Coventry deserved the win. The difference was the officating, Jonathan Forte's goal should have counted in our home game and we were robbed.

His snide comments always rubbed me the wrong way, but he is a knowledgable person.

• Like 14
  • Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Good luck to Michael Doyle. He shouldn’t have followed Ian Burchnall, but it worked out for him in the end, and even better for us as we now have a great manager and assistant head coach.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Good luck to him, in his coaching career. He was way past playing stage when he was with us at the end so hopefuly thats the right choice for him.

• Like 8

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

With such a wealth of experience and undoubtedly a wealth of footballing knowledge, it was such a shame to see such a figure leave Notts. I wish him the best of luck with Portsmouth and the promising young talent they have.

• Like 13

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

Will be interesting to watch Doyle’s career as a mentor. Best of luck!

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  140

Loved Doyle's work at Notts! Best wishes to him at Portsmouth.

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

Good luck to Michael Doyle; an experienced mind such as his will be invaluable to Portsmouth’s youth system.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  101

I echo the sentiments pointing out Doyle's potential effectiveness as a mentor to young talent. This new role could indeed be an exciting chapter in his career. There are some valid concerns and doubts expressed by others, which is a natural part of any transition. Let's not forget the experience, knowledge, and sheer determination that Doyle brings to the table for Portsmouth.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  210

Doyle must have considered a variety of possibilities before deciding to move to Portsmouth. Personally, I do not judge his decision to leave us and his sacking at Forest Green Rovers falls down to Ian Burchnall not being ready. I believe any dedicated coach would, after all, constantly look for growth and better opportunities and this move might just represent that for Michael Doyle.

• Like 10

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  1

The rich array of talent in our game should always be recognised and appreciated in equal measure. With regards to Doyle leaving for FGR, Coventry could have been a good move I suggest, this could have been a possible step too. However, his decision to go to Portsmouth should be interesting to observe.

• Like 10

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,133
  • Days Won:  2

To embark on a new chapter in one's career is always an exciting prospect, rife with challenges and opportunities. Michael Doyle's move to Portsmouth offers precisely this. Doyle has always been a dynamic force on the field, demonstrating leadership, determination, and undeniable skill.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  879

Doyle's experience is incredibly valuable. Given his stalwart abilities and leadership, his new role in mentoring young burgeoning talents at Portsmouth is fitting. Under Doyle's guidance, these young players will have a unique opportunity to learn from one of the best. Not to mention, Doyle himself gets the chance to further his career past being a player, embarking onto a potential coaching role, which is exciting in its own right.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

Certainly, his great contributions to Notts County will be missed. Yet, let's not discount the exciting potential that this new chapter with Portsmouth could hold for Doyle. Personally, I'm excited to see how his journey unfolds, especially in his new mentoring role. 

• Like 8

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,895
  • Days Won:  5

Good luck to Michael Doyle; I always appreciated what he did for Notts.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  225

Michael Doyle would be a good fit for Portsmouth. If he works hard and retains his role, there is no reason why he cannot become an assistant manager again. However, he should take the time to refine his skills to increase his chances.

• Like 5

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  15

It’s always good to be able to fall back on former clubs. I hope Michael Doyle enjoys working with the youngsters at Portsmouth. He has a lot of good qualities that should help.

• Like 4

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,350

I also think that Michael Doyle’s decision to focus on youth football is a good one. It could be an excellent opportunity for him to get his career back on track.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,511
  • Days Won:  9

Good luck to Michael Doyle, it’s a bit of a step back for someone who wanted to be an assistant manager, but a good opportunity to move forward.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  373

Michael Doyle is a good option for the role. I wished he had managed to find a role at Notts, but after his departure for FGR, some fans might be inclined to feel differently. Personally, I think he’s a good coach.

• Like 1