Salford away moved to Friday night

Piethagoram

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i can see why the club appealed but i am not really bothered, it is a game that i would like to make though. i am more likely to be able with it being a night game.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

Although fixture changes can be frustrating, we must accept them and focus on the positives. The game is winnable with the right approach.

• Like 11

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

At least it's been re-arranged nice and early, however, I do understand that it can be annoying. A friday night game, to me does seem a bit more appealing but it might impact the attendance.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

It’s an away game isn’t it? I can imagine this will be really annoying to those that work and want to go to the game, they might not finish work on time.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@Fan of Big Tone i think its because fans would have found it easier to make the saturday, than the friday its been switched too. people have different work patterns, with the weekend being free but with friday being the final working day for most. it does have that clash of preventing people who have to work later.

plus if you finish at 5pm or 6pm, you would be rushing to get to salford.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

Annoyed with that one. It was one of the trips I wanted to make and I didn't want to have to blow a day's leave and probably a hotel.

• Like 2
  • Sad 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I’m not bothered, personally I could still make it. It might not be the case for some fans, and I sympathise with that, but from my perspective, it makes no difference. It’s even better because it frees up Saturday!

• Like 9

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I can still make it if I wish, but it means returning later than I had hoped. I don’t particularly want to stay overnight in Salford. However, I think rearranging any game so early on just for the sake of it leads to disappointment because what is the reasonable explanation for why Salford wants to free up a Saturday? We are all in the same position.

• Like 8

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to know the reasons that Salford City gave for this to happen, as it seems when Notts wants to postpone games for legitimate reasons, it never gets granted. Yet the moment teams like Chesterfield, Salford, Portsmouth etc. want to back out of games, it’s granted.

• Like 6

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I won’t be able to attend due to work commitments. Although I can accept this, it is still disappointing. However, if you don’t work late, then you might be able to go. Unfortunately, I work in night security.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,655
  • Days Won:  89

Those with short memories will have forgotten that the EFL are as bad as the NL board. Consider genuine football fans? Of course not. 

Clubs like Salford aren't a typical / genuine football club in terms of fanbase. That's why they want to move it, because Manchester United will be at home at 3 on a Saturday, meaning nobody will come and watch Salford. Moving the game, they hope they'll get a few of the Man Utd fans before Saturday, whilst not really giving two hoots about Notts County fans. 

They'll know we can't retaliate, because they don't take any away fans anyway and a move would only hurt our own fans' attendance. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

Definetly not a good decision because now most that work friday won't be able to make the match as they won't have enough time. Notts will have alot less fans attending because of this.

• Like 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Nail on head @Super_Danny_Allsopp. It shows a complete disregard for Notts fans and will obviously impact the away attendance. Why were they allowed to move this game against our will? 

• Like 7

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

A lot of Salford City fans are young, with many teenagers who would have supported other Greater Manchester teams. It’s a very easy game for me to get to, so I am not affected, and I will still be going.

I believe that Notts fans might encounter obstacles in attending the game, as the number of tickets allocated to them could be limited, potentially falling short of the amount given to fans of other clubs. The Football League cannot possibly justify altering the game to a Friday solely because Manchester United is playing at home, although it is likely the true underlying motive.

In Manchester, there is a large base of passionate supporters for City. Therefore, it is likely that people from nearby areas who come to Salford are United fans.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  231

The thing that annoys me is that it’s solely to accommodate Salford, with no consideration given to Notts or us fans. It’s a decision that reeks of biased politics within the Football League. I would like to see the EFL explain how this benefits everyone other than them and why it’s fair. They wouldn’t be able to, and for transparency, I think they should.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I think the Salford fixture is a silly decision which only benefits the home team, and it’s quite unfair. It’s frustrating that the league would approve this despite Notts rejecting it.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  735
  • Days Won:  3

It doesn’t bother me, but I can appreciate and understand how it affects people who might be unable to go. That frustration is something we will get used to again, now that we are in the football league.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  629

Salford City is just like MK Dons to me. Neither are people’s football teams, but at least they came through the league system and earned their place.

Having Manchester United legends as owners will always enable connections to get decisions changed in their favour. But instead of crying about it, we need to use it to win and still sell-out, giving our team the full support.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

The season hasn’t yet begun and the EFL is allowing Salford to play on a Friday because Manchester United is at home. Will they rearrange every game where this happens? It should be called out for what it is: simply unacceptable.