Where are they now? - Joss Labadie

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

subject to league and fa approval? just get him to seal the contract by threatening to bite them. i think this is the reason why neal ardley left. he did not want to be around the non league luis suarez. 😂

he should actually be a good signing for them tho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Joss Labadie appeared to be a talented player, but his career was hindered by his own poor decisions. At the National League level, he has the potential to be one of the better midfielders, provided he focuses on football and works hard. At only 32 years of age, he still has a few good years left in him.

• Like 11

I agree, it’s a good move. Considering that Tranmere and Notts are the two biggest teams he has actually played for, with the rest being typical League Two teams, it suggests to me that the drop isn’t that surprising. He has probably been offered more money by them than he would have been by clubs in the FL cutting back on their expenditure on wages. We are fortunate that we have had good revenue coming in, plus the promotion money.

• Like 13

Joss was a very friendly person, when I used to take pictures of the meet and greets of the players + fans in the club shop. He would always talk to me, it wasn't just talk for the sake of it, he actually would ask me questions to learn things about me. Joss Labadie and Hayden Mullins were the two nicest players I met through that experience.

I thought he would make more of a success of his career, as he did have a lot of quality and obviously something has held him back.

I wish him well in his move to Sollihull Moors, I hope he manages to finish his career with them. With his exceptional skills, he possesses the power to truly propel them forward. And if they succeed in retaining Andy Dallas, their chances of reaching the playoffs would be greatly enhanced.

• Like 12

It’s not a signing I would have expected, but he’s originally from the area, so that might play a part in his move. He may want to be closer to his family as he edges closer to retirement. Yes, he has quite a few years left, but this is the point when some older players start to settle.

• Like 8

Joss Labadie looked like a handful when he came to Notts. He just seemed like a player who needed to play more often, and he let us down with his performances towards the end of his time. That said, I wish him all the best at Solihull Moors.

• Like 6

I always felt like there was a good player in Joss Labadie; it just needed a good manager to get it out and for him to control his frustration better. It wasn’t just the biting incident, but the constant needless fouls he gave away. I wish him all the best at Solihull Moors; I do hope he enjoys some more success in his career.

• Like 2

Joss Labadie should do well with them. It’s good to see him making a move to a local club near where he’s from. I wish him all the success with the club, as it would be nice to see them reach the playoffs and beat Chesterfield. 😉

• Like 1