• Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

He’s got big boots to fill.

• Like 20

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

It’s good to see that the new CEO has finally been appointed. I did wonder if one would be found before the season started. He sounds like a credible candidate. The article reads well, and I hope he continues to invest time in listening to fans. It seems like the club is going to tease his appearance, just like they did with the shirts. 😂

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  374
  • Days Won:  0

I’m pleased that the club has appointed a new CEO. Hopefully, things around the club, such as the ticket office, will start to improve again. I’ve heard many complaints about misinformation being given out and poor service.

• Like 18

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

It’s nice to have the position sorted and a person appointed; the article says a lot. Maybe the club is planning to release an interview with the new CEO or is trying to allow him to settle in without being bothered. I am just happy it’s sorted now.

• Like 17

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

It seems that he has a good level of experience and brings a fresh mindset, picking up where Jason Turner sadly left off before his passing. I hope that Joe Palmer takes the time to connect with the fans and get to know the community, as this would benefit him in settling into the club.

With the appointment of a CEO, the club is now fully prepared for the League Two season.

• Like 17

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

I like the mix of experience that he has, the club is crying out for stability within the departments. The issue with the ticket office is new staff; the club also appointed a new ticket office manager who will be getting used to life at the club. It is frustrating when they don’t answer the phone, but the CEO will have various more important things to focus on at first.

Welcome to Meadow Lane, Joe Palmer.

• Like 14

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

It’s great to hear that the CEO has been appointed. It seems like the Reedtz brothers have made a careful decision, and I believe that Joe Palmer’s mix of experience will be beneficial. I hope he enjoys his role at Notts, as it is a very important one, and I am confident that he will connect with fans in the same way that Jason Turner did. I wish him all the best in his new role.

• Like 13

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

the media team probably did not get chance to take a photo of him, although its good to know the club does have a ceo to help the brothers now.

i am hoping that we can now focus on keeping the staff at notts maintained like the playing squad, because we have lost so many staff members who have moved on and i think part of it is due to the high demand in them doing more than just one role at the club. its always the good ones that leave, like alice kellett.

its very positive news though and i hope he enjoys the role.

• Like 14

• Content Count:  735
  • Days Won:  3

Now that it has been confirmed, I look forward to reading his communications with us, and I hope they will be as frequent as those of Jason Turner. It may take a few months before we hear anything, but it is something that provides a good insight into the club. Welcome to Meadow Lane, Joe Palmer.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  231

I am pleased that the new CEO has finally been announced and appointed. I wish him well and hope he considers Meadow Lane as his second home.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  881

Joe Palmer, welcome to Meadow Lane. If you happen to come across fans’ opinions like mine while browsing, let me tell you that Notts isn’t just the world’s oldest professional football league club. We also have one of the most loyal fan bases in history and have weathered everything football has thrown at us. We’ve been there throughout. I hope you enjoy your time with the club.

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  36

Good to see that the club have taken their time to make what is hopefully a good appointment as he has huge boots to follow.
Was it only me that got board reading his introduction on the club’s website? Crikey, it went on a bit!

• Like 12

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

This appointment has been long overdue. The club operating without replacing Jason Turner will have been a setback. I realise the club will have wanted to pay their respects, which they did, but the appointment of a new CEO should have been in place for the beginning of the pre-season. I wish Joe Palmer all the best with his switch to Notts.

7 hours ago, Fozzy said:

Good to see that the club have taken their time to make what is hopefully a good appointment as he has huge boots to follow.
Was it only me that got board reading his introduction on the club’s website? Crikey, it went on a bit!

I think the writer wants to make Joe Palmer sound appealing due to the loss of Jason Turner. It’s probably a case of putting in more effort as a way to win him over with fans. It’s very difficult, considering.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

The appointment now gives the club plenty of opportunity to bring Joe Palmer up to speed. It’s a position that can be covered by others, and I’m sure this has been the case. The Reedtz will be glad to have someone with experience to help them continue the club’s forward momentum. I don’t think Joe has much to do at first. Getting to grips with the staff and his own role right now is more than enough.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Joe Palmer seems to be a wise choice, as his extensive experience and profound knowledge of football make him an excellent candidate. Hopefully, he will seamlessly integrate and focus on driving Notts towards even greater success in business. There is no need for him to hurry in addressing anything. The ticket office manager will take care of organizing the staff in that department. It is reassuring to see the club once again being led by a competent CEO.

He does have some big shoes to fill, but I fully expect Joe to be a people's person.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  419

Now that the new CEO has been appointed, we can start to focus more internally on the club’s progression and next season. I don’t think it would have had a big impact on the club’s daily operations to wait until this point to hire someone. I would rather they carefully choose than rush the process.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

A sensible and hopefully poignant decision has been made, which will hopefully go a long way to help the club move forward. I am pleased to see that a new CEO has been appointed.

• Like 6

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Welcome to Meadow Lane, Joe Palmer! It’s fantastic to have you on board as the club’s CEO. I am curious about what his initial priorities will be. I hope that the club will ask him to release a welcome message so that we can get to know him better and vice versa.

• Like 6

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,465
  • Days Won:  5

Joe Palmer will require a few weeks to understand the current state of the club and determine its future direction. Improvements within the staffing side are necessary. As for getting to know the fans, this will happen over time. While there will be many eager to meet him, it is best for him to focus on his role rather than quickly establishing himself among the supporters. It is positive that the club now has a CEO.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s good to have the CEO all sorted and on board. Joe Palmer sounds like a candidate who can move the role forward. I hope he’s here for many years to come, as having settled staff can only be a good thing. Welcome to Meadow Lane, Joe!

• Like 3

• Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  0

It’s excellent to see that Notts has appointed a new CEO. I am hopeful that he can hit the ground running and make the club a place where staff want to be. The more enjoyable the behind-the-scenes environment is, the more likely it is that good staff members won’t leave. Although he has big shoes to fill, I think he will do just fine.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3,392

I think he will slowly settle in and then introduce himself. I don’t think he or the club should force it, and I don’t think the media team will, out of respect for Jason Turner. But eventually, we will know more. Hopefully, he can do a great job and network well to improve the current state of the club.

• Like 1