Donny match commentary on Radio Nottm

Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I don’t travel to away matches but enjoy listening to Radio Nottingham. After Charlie Slater I’d not been too impressed with his replacement until todays game, I thought Dave Bracegirdle was excellent although I missed Mark Stallard who was absent, Ian Richardson stood in.

The young commentator who did the first games showed his inexperience but he’ll learn, whereas Dave Bracegirdle really was very assured and competent his interview technique for the post match interview with Luke Williams was really good he asked all the right questions whilst being respectful.

What did other stay at home fans think?

• Like 19
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,785
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

My first missed game, so listened on ifollow. Good commentary but got the impression that Ian Richardson got confused over "Matty Langstaff" alongside John Bostock at times🙃

• Like 9

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

Adam isn't bad; he just needs time. I think he's more down to earth than the larger-than-life Charlie. I do miss Charlie, despite his occasional arrogance. It's a form of confidence, and he does seem pleasant enough in person, but we should give Adam time. As for the other person, he's fantastic and sounds like a true sports commentator. His post-match interviews are excellent, much better than Charlie Slater, who wanted to be too friendly with the players instead of pursuing a good story.

• Like 16

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  73
  • Days Won:  0

Adam is perfectly alright; he appears to be a very focused and grounded young man. His coverage is commendable, but Dave is truly outstanding. He should be the long-term replacement, although I believe Adam performs well. People are simply accustomed to Charlie. Give them both some time, and they should win everyone over. However, in terms of game coverage and interviewing, Dave is highly skilled.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i dont miss charlie much myself, i do miss the banter with mark stallard but its semi there with adam. he just seems a bit more quieter and more focused. i do agree that dave is excellent and makes it enjoyable to listen too. i love his post match interviews.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  141

Dave is truly exceptional. I thoroughly enjoy his coverage and wish he could provide it for most matches. He maintains a contemporary yet classic approach to his reporting, coupled with the experience to articulate his points without seeming biased.

• Like 10

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I prefer the change, I can't deny that when I listened to the Morecambe match how much nicer it felt.

Adam Hassell and Dave Bracegirdle are perfectly fine; I feel Adam will grow given the time and experience. Dave is superb; he's just a warm voice to listen to. I like that they're genuine and not overreacting for the sake of it. I'm not saying Charlie Slater wasn't, but there were times he threw silly phrases out that stuck with me and I did find it hard to listen to him. I think he grew out of that last season.

Yet before that, I would compare him to a school chalk board. Screeching nonsense just made me want to turn off. I know others who have expressed this but don't say it because they feel you can't go against the grain. Honesty is my best policy.

• Like 13

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,898
  • Days Won:  5

I appreciate the new commentators; I find their performance commendable and their commentary lucid. I do believe the more experienced one outshines the other; I wish we could have him as a constant presence.

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I rely on the clips the club releases for goal reactions, and I find them completely satisfactory. I don't detect any issues with them. I do like watching the post-match interviews now; I find them quite impressive. Even when the younger individual conducts them, they still come across as high-quality interviews.

• Like 11

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I appreciate the change and the addition of new personnel. If Mark Stallard is available, he's undoubtedly an essential inclusion. However, between Adam and Dave, either choice is completely acceptable. I've enjoyed listening to both of them based on what I've heard. There's no reason not to.

• Like 11

• Content Count:  374

The commentary on Radio Nottingham is satisfactory, although I do occasionally find myself missing Charlie Slater. However, the new voices on air have been a pleasant delight. With time and experience, Adam's skills behind the mic are likely to grow. It holds great significance for the club to have individuals like him engaging with fans, especially the younger generation who can look up to him and find a relatable figure. As for Dave, his seasoned professionalism shines through in the way he covers the matches.

• Like 6

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

Be5 Stalls on his hols. I was at Doncaster so didn't hear the commentary. It was Dave Bracegirdle on Saturday. Cricket man. COYP

• Like 7

• Content Count:  881
  • Days Won:  1

Dave demonstrates excellence; his attire and demeanour leave a positive impression. He possesses a warm-hearted disposition and executes his responsibilities admirably.

• Like 8

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355

Up until now, I've found the coverage I've listened to quite enjoyable. It's not overly difficult to make mistakes – you simply describe what you observe and make an effort to recall the players' names. Most individuals who have been prepared for the role should be capable of stepping in and performing well; I believe Adam has excelled in this regard. Dave, on the other hand, is in a league of his own. He is highly skilled on the microphone and presents himself as a gifted speaker.

• Like 9

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I am content. Based on what I've heard thus far, there is a noticeable absence of lacking effort in the broadcasting. Both individuals who have taken on the role this season have communicated effectively. Dave Bracegirdle is truly a delight to listen to; he appears to possess the ability to initiate conversations and engage anyone.

• Like 9

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,096

I haven’t listened to any commentary so far, but I am enjoying the mix of interviews. I think the press conferences could be better, but the post-match ones make me feel like we are a much more important team than League Two tends to be. The questions are very good and more to the point.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

Dave Bracegirdle and Adam Hassell are doing well. I also really like Dave’s friendly demeanour. He comes across as a very jolly and in-the-moment person. If you listen to the interview with Macaulay Langstaff after the Doncaster Rovers game, he asks questions but doesn’t bully or push for answers. He’s quite happy to just make a funny comment and keep the flow going. There’s no rushing, and it’s all just laid back.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  741

I listen to the coverage even at games, so I am more than happy and familiar with the voices. I think Notts are lucky that they have people who speak well and don’t go off the rails like some of the names from the Reds’ coverage. It’s always biased, and the volume is unnecessarily loud.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I have enjoyed the coverage of the streamed games on iFollow. I think it’s refreshing to have two different people. Mark Stallard isn’t replaceable; his voice is something I’m used to now, but it’s nice to see the main commentator change from time to time. If Adam or Dave were given the role full-time, I would be happy, but between the two, we have the best of both worlds.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  560
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

The commentary doesn’t bother me; I find it quite good. However, I do agree that some commentators go overboard and sound as if they’ve consumed far too many energy drinks, like those from Forest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
20 minutes ago, RetroPie said:

However, I do agree that some commentators go overboard and sound as if they’ve consumed far too many energy drinks, like those from Forest.

That made me laugh @RetroPie I think you are referring to Colin Fray, I have to turn the sound down if I accidentally get a snatch of his commentary, he sounds like a demented banshee when they score. :joker:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  282

As someone who frequently watches highlights from other clubs, I feel confident in saying that Notts are incredibly fortunate to have had such great coverage of their games. Some commentators sound uninterested, boring, or are so biased that you wonder why they are even providing commentary. The current two commentators, however, I quite like. After having Colin Slater and more recently Charlie Slater, it is nice to have two people to listen to during the coverage. I just don’t think Ian Richardson provided very good support during the Doncaster game.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  231

I am satisfied with the coverage. I don’t get to listen to BBC Radio Nottingham much, but when I have, it has been enjoyable. I do agree; we are fortunate as some commentators’ voices go straight through me.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  17

@Fan of Big Tone I feel sure one of these days he'll have a heart attack or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

@magpiejue @Fan of Big Tone robin chipperfield was okay, i cant stand the other guy though. i have always wished he would move to australia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2