Who is your Man of the match v Chesterfield?   Live

Robbie

Who's your Notts man of the match v Chesterfield?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your man of the match.

• Abbott
    • Gordon
    • Robertson
    • Jatta
    • Platt
    • Palmer
    • Austin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/10/24 at 18:00

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,208
  • Days Won:  187
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Here is my player shortlist for Notts man of the match.

Abbott, Gordon, Robertson, Jatta, Platt, Palmer, & Austin.

Abbott had a good game on the right flank for Notts. Got the assist for providing the cross for Jatta

Gordon also provided several crosses from the left flank.

Robertson was his steady self in the middle of the field. He got forward when he could.

Jatta, led the line well once again, he's dangerous with his head, & nearly got clear of the Chesterfield defence on a few occasions.

Platt, Was solid at the back & put in a performance that we are expecting from him.

Palmer, A big influence in the centre of midfield once again, & leads by example.

Austin, Another steady performance by Sam. He always puts in a shift but seems to do his work unnoticed.

• Like 15
  • Love 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,126
  • Days Won:  2

I thought Kellan Gordon gave us a lot. Watching him put in crosses and outplay Chesterfield was a joy. I think he played very well.

• Like 15

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I’ve voted for Gordon he had the beating of Mandeville (who I rate very highly) and put some great crosses into the box.

• Like 17

Supporter+

I think it was very close between, Gordon, Abbott & Jatta for man of the match, however I'm going for Alassana Jatta today for his general all round play & for his towering header. He took the chance he was given.

• Like 15

• Content Count:  10,891
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+
5 minutes ago, Robbie said:

I think it was very close between, Gordon, Abbott & Jatta for man of the match, however I'm going for Alassana Jatta today for his general all round play & for his towering header. He took the chance he was given.

It was a great header that’s 6 goals in 7 games for Jatta.

McCauley who? :joker:

• Haha 6

• Content Count:  681
  • Days Won:  1

Jatta gets my vote. He should have scored twice and was the threat we really needed.

• Like 12
  • Love 5

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,552
  • Days Won:  9

I thought George Abbott played very well and made a big difference, not just in defence but also going forward. His play was superb, especially for the first goal.

• Like 17

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,100
  • Days Won:  54

I’d say we had lots of solid performances but no-one stood out for me. I liked Austin today, off the ball he was full of running and generally tidy on the ball too maybe need to see a bit more threat on the ball from him. Gordon had he played the whole match I might have given it to him, Mandeville had a bit of nightmare against him (but he is an attacking midfielder so more questions on the manager about why he played him there). But given Abbott was playing in a RWB role for the first time I think I'll give it to him. If I was being really critical he wasn't enough of a threat going forward, but he did get through at lot of running, supported the play well and defended pretty well.

• Like 7
  • Love 11

• Content Count:  13,046
  • Days Won:  162

kellan gordon was class, he offered us much and again if we had more bodies in the opposition penalty area. he would have had more chance but I think he was such a vital part. nick tsaroulla also looked lovely.

• Like 10
  • Love 5

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,487
  • Days Won:  5

Some good performances today, I agree. But I've voted for George Abbott. I felt he had an outstanding game for us.

• Like 13

• Content Count:  171
  • Days Won:  0

The moment we can see Kellan Gordon play consecutive 90-minute games, the better we will see him perform. I think his performance was very good and perhaps he shouldn't have been taken off. He made Chesterfield work hard. Rotation is useful, but when you have a player like Gordon proving tricky, you want to see them cause more trouble. He gets my vote.

• Like 12

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  624

I had no doubts about who I was voting for after the game: George Abbott. I think he put in one of his best performances for us so far. He was key in winning the ball back and pressing Chesterfield. It was an excellent game by Abbott. He didn't look like someone who hadn't played in big games before.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  906

I am voting for Kellan Gordon. I thought he was great in the first half and gave Chesterfield a lot to worry about. They probably felt relieved when he went off, but I still think he deserves my vote, even though he didn't play the full 90 minutes.

• Like 11

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,163
  • Days Won:  3

There are 15 votes and 3 players in the running. I voted for George Abbott. However, I would have chosen Kellan Gordon if he had stayed in the race longer. I think Abbott only won because he lasted longer.

• Like 8

Supporter+

This poll is very close with three players in the running at this time.

The poll will close at 7 pm tonight. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,499
  • Days Won:  15

I voted for George Abbott. I thought he gave a strong and consistent performance and helped Notts a lot. So, I believe he deserves my support in the vote.

• Like 9

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,958
  • Days Won:  5

George Abbott was the standout player for me. I thought Dan Crowley and Kellan Gordon did some good work, but Abbott is the glue to the squad. His presence reminds me a lot of Ryan Yates, just a very solid midfielder.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  145

The poll is quite open between George Abbott and Jatta, with Kellan Gordon slightly behind the two leaders. I voted for Abbott. I thought his performance was excellent throughout the game.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  296

I thought Kellan Gordon was class, a very tricky player. He gave Chesterfield a tough time, so he gets my vote.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  503

It’s an easy choice for me. I voted for George Abbott, but I think any of the named players could have been chosen. I thought Sam Austin did really well, as did Matty Platt in defence. But it ultimately comes down to the all-round performance, and Abbott gets it for me.

• Love 5

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  27

I think realistically, it would be between Kellan Gordon and George Abbott. Not that the team didn't play well, but I thought they were exceptional. I think Abbott just about edges it. It's good to see his commitment to doing well. He's taking the loan opportunity and putting in the work.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,504
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Class performance by George Abbott. I can see how the poll would be close, but over time Abbott has been the standout performer. He was good on the ball, did well out wide, and wasn't afraid to get stuck in. His performance was everything we needed. I'm pleased to see him doing well in the votes. He's a strong candidate for it.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

• Content Count:  300

For most 19-year-olds, it's tough to go out on loan, even if you have the quality that George Abbott clearly has. Without the right environment, it might have taken previous loan stars like Jack Grealish and Callum McGregor more time to settle in. I think the squad creates a great environment for him, one that allows him to focus on his ability and performances, rather than fitting in or needing to win over our fans.

There's a lot that we take for granted, but Abbott's performance yesterday wasn't one of those things. I think he'll be a class player in the coming years, and it's a delight to see him showcase it for us at Notts.

• Love 3

Supporter+

The poll has now closed.

Thanks to all those who voted.

I am pleased to announce that after a close vote, George Abbott is the Pride of Nottingham's Man of the Match against Chesterfield.

Screenshot_20241013_192058_com_android_chrome_ChromeTabbedActivity_edit_135909818881539.jpg

• Love 3

• Content Count:  681

Well done to George Abbott for being named the Pride of Nottingham Man of the Match for his performance against Chesterfield. You can’t argue with those votes.

• Love 3