Time Limit on Renewals

Countyman

After listening to the latest PONcast, I agree with @notts-joe that Bajner, Thompson and Jones need to decide on their future sooner rather than later. It does not send the right message out, if they are on holiday, get their agents to discuss terms.

If Carroll's signing was a sign of intent, what would you call this?

Thoughts?

Jones may have other ideas about his future, at 37 and with no disrespect intended, I stand by my comments about clubs coming in for him. I just don't see them knocking on his door, at least not to be any better in terms of structure and offer than what we can do. He may also be thinking of retiring, though that said I am surprised that there's been little response from the discussions.

Bajner is different, as I heard very early on that he didn't want to be a League Two player.

Thompson we can do with and without, he's the type of player I would say could contribute but we wouldn't miss if he didn't extend his stay. Sure he scored some goals, some absolute beauties but we simply cannot carry players. For me, I find him to be a more experienced McLaughlin and by this I mean by him going missing within games. At Gillingham you could be forgiven that he was actually fielded, great out of position but nothing more than average within in it. He's a great crosser though!

I'd like to see them all extend but time is turning towards me thinking it might just be best to withdrawn the offers.

Give them another 3 weeks and if no news, pull the offers from the table. We want players with passion whom want to be here, not hanging around to commit for whatever those reasons are.

As for Bajner, we gave him a chance and he helped get us relegated. He didn't show anything that suggests he is going to start for any League One club. I'd be disappointed if we started him in L2, so I have him as an impact/bench player in L2.

To think he's actually holding us to ransom and that he thinks he is too good for us is laughable. 

Jones and Thompson, are for me 'nice to haves' but our season isn't going to be defined by re-signing these two. 

Bajner don't want to play in League 2 eh! Well he should have scored a few more goals then, didn't he miss one in the last match when it would have been easier to score, not to mention all the rest. 

To be fair he scored some clinical goals for us and in a short space of time, I see the football he can be because he's got the quality to play way above this league and the next. His problem is how he applies himself and I think he also struggled getting 100% match fit.

He wasn't far from Murray who had featured more.

Though I do think we need to learn to create easier chances for our strikers or at least make sure we dominate with balls into the opposition penalty box, as then scoring would hopefully be easier.

Supporter+

Give them another 2/3 weeks and then move on. I would take all three if they wanted to commit, Thompson and Jones I thought always gave 100%, Bajner I don't think we saw the best of and if Moniz can get him to apply himself I think he could score goals a plenty in league 2.

I don't understand the Bajner hammering. His stats looked bad because he was used as an impact sub. He scored a goal every 286 minutes in a Notts shirt, that would be close to a 1-in-3 ratio, which is very good for a striker. And that in a struggling team playing a division higher. I'm not worried about him looking for other offers, we can't expect lifelong loyalty from a player who probably hadn't even heard of us a year ago. If he signs and can do a job for us, great. Having said that, we can't wait forever, we need to plan for next season.

Jones and Thompson can go for me. We need to be building on our younger players, not on dad's army. I can see someone else coming in for Thompson with his scoring record, Jones might be wanting to be offered a player-coach position somewhere.

Forget Jones and Bajner, keep Thompson.

He would score for sure in this division, so I dont think we should get rid of our highest goal scorer but the other two would be part players. I would rather sign players who could feature more than that.

Let them go!!

Archived