Fan of Big Tone

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

So the King is dead long live the King.

Who do you want to be our next manager?

I'll probably be shot down for this but I wouldn't mind at all if they appointed Charlie McParland again, I thought he did pretty well for us last time around and was unlucky to get the sack, I also watch him on Notts TV's Team Talk programme and he talks some good sense, he is a football man through and through and is very knowledgeable about the game.

Who do you fancy to take over?

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,307
  • Days Won:  69

Fancy  giving big Sam a chance to redeem himself after departing for Bolton years ago @Fan of Big Tone , @allardyces tash

With the announcement of Nolan's departure it's time to set our thoughts on the next manager of the Magpies. Personally I would like to see Gary Bowyer or Michael Appleton. The current favourite is Harry Kewell at 1/1. I think we need a manager who has he experience and has been promoted from league two before. Who would the rest of you like to see as manager?

Supporter+
59 minutes ago, super_ram said:

Fancy  giving big Sam a chance to redeem himself after departing for Bolton years ago @Fan of Big Tone , @allardyces tash

I doubt we can afford the ex England manager he'll have bigger fish to fry.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Gary Bowyer - Did a great job at Blackpool and Blackburn under poor owners and got Blackpool promoted from this league. Plays good football and can pull a team out of the rubbish.

Michael Appleton - Manager of the best team I've seen grace League Two in the Oxford side from 2015/16. Played brilliant football and showed you can play good football in League Two whilst being good in defence. Conceded less than 50 goals in both seasons he was in League Two at Oxford.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,144
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Charlie McParland would do a good job, he knows how to spot a player and hasn't had the luxury of working with a budget that can change a teams fortune. Some may argue that he did with Munto, however he wasn't given the right amount of time and that season became a joke with all the sackings and managerial departures.

If he offered us stability and a forward path I would take him back.

Plus his hearts in the right place, if Gary Bowyer comes in I will have nightmares. I don't really care who comes in provided they have experience and are well liked, Bowyer and Chettle are not people I feel would be respected.

3 minutes ago, ARLukomski said:

Gary Bowyer - Did a great job at Blackpool and Blackburn under poor owners and got Blackpool promoted from this league. Plays good football and can pull a team out of the rubbish.

Michael Appleton - Manager of the best team I've seen grace League Two in the Oxford side from 2015/16. Played brilliant football and showed you can play good football in League Two whilst being good in defence. Conceded less than 50 goals in both seasons he was in League Two at Oxford.

They've both seen it and done it preferably Bowyer would be the best.

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,307
  • Days Won:  69

39 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

I doubt we can afford the ex England manager he'll have bigger fish to fry.

I was semi joking but he is getting towards retirement age and might fancy a chance to go out in a blaze of glory.

Being more serious I wouldn't be surprised if AH hasn't already got someone lined up.

Supporter+
18 minutes ago, super_ram said:

I was semi joking but he is getting towards retirement age and might fancy a chance to go out in a blaze of glory.

Being more serious I wouldn't be surprised if AH hasn't already got someone lined up.

I think you may be right, I am sure that AH has been preparing for the worst case scenario of having to sack Nolan and will have done his homework and sorted out a possible replacement to approach should the need arise, now the need has arisen and hopefully he is talking to his choice of candidate as I write this and an appointment will be made sooner rather than later.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,734
  • Days Won:  27

All the candidates I see being linked are no better than Kevin Nolan.

Harry Kewell, Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink these are not the type of people Alan Hardy should be acknowledging, he should go for experience. Could he manage to get Steve Cotterill back? I know hes a bit of a snake but he's a good manager.

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Charlie: please, please, please, please no! :frantics:

I'd be happy with Gary Bowyer but I don't think he'd come. Paul Heckingbottom was mentioned to me but I can't see him in League Two. Appleton is a good shout. 

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

We need an experienced manager this time. No disrespect to Harry Kewell, but I think we could do better. We also need a manager who has a big black book as we need the loans now! Unless the loans are being sorted by the board???

Appleton? Ok

Bowyer? Yes.

Cotterill? Wouldn’t come back.

Charlie McP? Where did that come from? No thanks!!! Head of academy fine. First team?  No way!

• Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Personally, I'd give an experienced manager a chance. Someone who will have a long term plan. Ian Holloway is a long shot but might be worth taking, if he's up for it. Gary Bowyer and Mike Appleton are good managers but it's not what we quite need in my opinion. Harry Kewell or Jimmy Floyd aren't experienced enough. Gary Johnson recently sacked from Cheltenham has a good reputation might be worth a shot. 

• Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

If we go for the experienced manager option we need to make sure he still has drive and is not just living off past successes. Gudjon Thordarsson and John Sheridan both ticked all the boxes on paper, but both were very disappointing. I would once have been in favour of Gary Johnson, but I think he'd come under the same category.

While we're digging up names from the past, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Martin Allen yet!

• Content Count:  12,939
  • Days Won:  162

2 hours ago, NcfcT4 said:

They've both seen it and done it preferably Bowyer would be the best.

appleton would be the better of the two, bowyer is a short straw and i could see him walking if things dont go his way.

im not convinced by any of the managers linked.

He wouldn't I think he's still got alot to offer. But if we bring someone in we need to make it a year contract with an extension based on performance. If he doesn't succeed performance then he will have that one season only. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, samwatto2008 said:

Darren Ferguson or as a very big long shot, more chance of 4 quadruple promotions but Sam Allardyce.

He would be an astute appointment by Alan Hardy if he could pull this off.

Darren Ferguson's stock does seem quite low at the moment and Notts on paper does have a decent squad which could talk him into considering it.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

10 hours ago, Bainbridge NCFC said:

Personally, I'd give an experienced manager a chance. Someone who will have a long term plan. Ian Holloway is a long shot but might be worth taking, if he's up for it. Gary Bowyer and Mike Appleton are good managers but it's not what we quite need in my opinion. Harry Kewell or Jimmy Floyd aren't experienced enough. Gary Johnson recently sacked from Cheltenham has a good reputation might be worth a shot. 

Mike Appleton, Ian Holloway and Darren Ferguson all seems good picks.

My fear is two of the three wouldn't consider this division at all, Appleton might but I think he would want a club that could offer him a little more. You never know but Harry Kewell, Jimmy Floyd and Gary Johnson all seem like deadwood.

Besides does the club want a manager like JFH who has gotten into trouble?

@AmericanPie he's got no problem getting out league 2 as seen with Northampton but then went to Burton struggled then struggled on his return to Northampton 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

On 27/08/2018 at 11:20, Bainbridge NCFC said:

@AmericanPie he's got no problem getting out league 2 as seen with Northampton but then went to Burton struggled then struggled on his return to Northampton 

Didn't he get in trouble for the way he signed players though?

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  6,696
  • Days Won:  43

At this minute meeting time I’m still reeling over Kevin’s departure so im not to sure .. but maybe clough just maybe his did wounders at the city ground maybe he can do them herr

Archived