Is now enough? Does the club need any more signings?

TheSkipper

I think Neal Ardley is risking upsetting the balance.

Does anyone else think the setbacks might be caused due to his refusal to use what we have at the club already?

I think we could all see that a winger would be useful to sign, however, Ardley doesn't seem to play them and Matt Tootle is more than good enough to start at right back. So, why does Notts need another? It's obvious that he won't be staying at Notts but I do think enough is enough now.

A winger was needed because we only had Enzio and Osborne and we need strength in depth and competition for places. We also have to be able to cope with the tough schedule 

He has usually played a centre-mid on the wing in the last few matches. Booty and O'Brien have alternated there. 

Brindley I'm not sure we needed because we already have Kelly-Evans and Tootle, unless Toots is on a high wage. Why Oxlade-Chamberlain is still here, I don't know. That guy isn't a footballer

Osborne, Bird and Crawford have a chance of getting in the squad. Bird needs to be developing and he should be a part of Notts in the next few years. Crawford and Osborne as well. Maybe Ardley feels now is the right time for experience as we're rebuilding in a tough league and he feels that experienced players are needed in certain areas

I fear Neal Ardley will just keep going in circles with his transfer policy, until he signs players that perform to his vision or he gets axed. I can't see the latter happening, yet he needs to quit being so defensive and happy to settle for draws.

The squad for me is now complete in my eyes and I would urge Ardley to make use of all of the squad.

Most fans would understand the manager wanting to improve his squad, provided the football was consistent, but I worry he's not learning or making the most of the players at his disposal. I mean there's been strong signs of improvements, yet it's like some of the players have been told they can go and that this might be effecting the morale in the squad.

The performances have dipped, yes it's normal for a squad which is settling in but when the manager just creates excuses - it's enough.

There's no more signings needed until others depart, it's getting silly now.

I don't think he knows quite yet how best to get his squad performing well, the signs are good but the past few weeks has seen an alarming set back. It can't help with idiots calling for his head all the time though! If this offends someone, explain why you feel he deserves to be sacked rather than quoting percentages and silly abusive comments.

Not that I expect anyone already on PON to be abusive at all.

Give it a rest now, see how things reflect later on because Neal Ardley needs to learn to get the most out of those at his disposal.

We cried out for a striker, he's brought one in.

Now a winger and a right back, give these several games and review then.

6 hours ago, ARLukomski said:

A winger was needed because we only had Enzio and Osborne and we need strength in depth and competition for places. We also have to be able to cope with the tough schedule 

He has usually played a centre-mid on the wing in the last few matches. Booty and O'Brien have alternated there. 

Brindley I'm not sure we needed because we already have Kelly-Evans and Tootle, unless Toots is on a high wage. Why Oxlade-Chamberlain is still here, I don't know. That guy isn't a footballer

Osborne, Bird and Crawford have a chance of getting in the squad. Bird needs to be developing and he should be a part of Notts in the next few years. Crawford and Osborne as well. Maybe Ardley feels now is the right time for experience as we're rebuilding in a tough league and he feels that experienced players are needed in certain areas

My thoughts entirely. Two wingers - one with little experience in the first team - are not enough. If Kelly-Evans is to be used as a winger this us leaves with four wingers and two right-backs, which is OK. Obviously every signing is a throw of the dice and some won't come off. But the focus now should be on getting the squad to function as a unit and not bringing in more new faces.

I want to see Osborne and Bird get opportunities in the first team; I'll be disappointed if they join the list of cast-offs as Bird in particular clearly has potential. For whatever reason NA obviously doesn't want Crawford anywhere near the first team though.

Archived