Match Discussion: FA Trophy - Daggers (H)

PON_News

FA Trophy - Daggers (H)

Team: Dagenham & Redbridge

Date: 01/11/20

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Neal Ardley opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Like 1

i am less bothered about this, i would prefer to focus on the league but it does present ardley with the chance to throw in some of the fringe players to see if they can come in to give rest to some of the heavily featured players.

form is massive, so i would not want notts to not care but from my own thoughts the game does not matter.

It's a good chance to rest some of the normal starting 11, if we can throw in some of the players who might be able to inject life where it's currently lacking - it could help us further. Winning games breeds confidence, progressing to the next round should be a target - as it's still a cup.

However, I am not interested in the competition either personally.

Tom Crawford has a chance to come in and show he can play well, I think some are unrealistic with how they react to certain players who are still learning. Experienced people need time but I think Crawford can prove his worth.

Notts has to win the game, losing could be undo the recent work.

It's time to believe I feel.

It's a weird competition this! Beat the Daggers and then we're just 2 games away from the semi's and 3 from the final!

I think we'll definitely see the fringe players in, so I'm hopeful Crawford, Bird and Fitz can get starts.

Dagenham's recent form has been absolutely dreadful so I'd imagine they'll be looking to try something different.

We're confident at the minute, but the possible dead atmosphere could make it feel like a training game. We've got to try and keep the ball moving quickly, I think if we can get an early goal I'd be confident of an easy win... I don't think we'll get one though! 

1-0 Notts, Tyson to score.

• Like 3

We should definitely be looking to rest some players. It could benefit us, as it's an opportunity for some fringe players to get 90 minutes under their belts and get sharp. I'd like to see Bird and Crawford playing. Crawford might not have impressed last time, but he had had very little match practice beforehand. We're a bit thin in central midfield with the injuries, so having another match fit player we can call on would do us good.

Oh, and we can get to Wembley! That's not a bad motivation surely...

I didn’t know initially that a draw would mean the game against Fylde would be off. Why did Dagenham want a replay? Bizarre! With about 1-minute left of listening to the game I was thinking that 1-1 was the worst-case scenario, falling even more games behind in the league. I almost wanted to hear that Fitz had just kicked it into his own net in the last seconds…

And then Michael Doyle pops up with the goal of the decade!

I cannot wait to see the highlights.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

How did we actually play? Any stand-out performers? How many went?

Notts played as per usual, well in spells.

I thought Kristian Dennis did well to come back into the squad, Sam Osborne did okay too.

No idea on the attendance but it was more than I expected.