Match Discussion: Game 11 - The Glovers (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,283
  • Days Won:  80

Game 11 - The Glovers (A)

Team: Yeovil Town

Date: 09/10/2021

Where: Huish Park

What line-up should Ian Burchnall opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I always feel, Yeovil are a bogey type team for us but in truth this is the type of game I'd be very annoyed to lose.

They've been poor at times, but compared to our defending - I know which is worst.

A win would be a lift. However, it sounds like Michael Doyle might have been selected. I don't know if this will be a good, or bad thing. People say we need grit, but he's not the most defensive player once tired. If he helps, that's great, but it could just hinder the chances of returning to good form.

I'd be more excited to see Kyle Cameron/Connell Rawlinson return.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  8

Depends which Notts team turn up, will we have the attacking side that look dangerous,  then hopefully hold out when we collapse, or the team that generally folds in the second half for the whole game

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,470
  • Days Won:  15

The last three games are not a good advertisement for Notts, if Yeovil do their homework it could be a very difficult game. As mentioned before me, if Notts turns up and attacks well, taking some of the pressure of the defence a good result could come.

Its time Notts bounces back.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

i think notts will bounce back but i think it will be after this, i can see yeovil leading and notts pulling it back. a better performance and good game but not quite the win we need.

• Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

The old saying back to basics comes to mind.

Set the team up from the back to front, Patterson needs better protection and cover. The defending needs to be for 90 minutes. I can see it being a another disappointing game I hate to say it.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,910
  • Days Won:  5

Another defeat, I can't see anything else right now not until we have a solid defence and that wont happen with crucial players out.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Yeovil away. At least we are getting it over with early in the season and it's not a mid week fixture. Yeovil are 14th but they have only played 7 games, Notts have played 10. They haven't won in their last 3 games. 1 draw and 2 defeats. They have only scored 1 goal in those 3 games so must be delighted that they are coming up against the Notts defence this weekend! They don't concede too many goals. 7 in 7 games is impressive. Yeovil are a dangerous side because they are unpredictable. They went to Stockport and won 3-0 but then last Saturday they could only manage a 0-0 draw at home against 10 man Maidenhead. This is a matchup of 2 sides who badly need a win to stop the rot. I think it will be a close game. 1-1 draw for me. Notts to take the lead and Yeovil to level it in the last 20 minutes. 

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,524
  • Days Won:  9

The upturn has to happen sooner or later, I just worry that a few more defeats will happen before something gives.

Yeovil aren't a side I think anyone should write off.

Ian Burchnall needs to make sure we have the right balance in attacking and defensive play, if we lead, he should be mindful of the players switching off and try to shout out commands to experience players to try to weather the storm.

• Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  2

A win for Notts could make all the difference right now, if the players work hard enough and want it. It should be enough to get it across the line, Yeovil are nowhere near as good as they have been in the past.

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Hopefully, the Notts team that are overcoming the recent defeats will continue to get ahead when they have fallen back. Or if it is later in the game and our attacking form has stopped being effective, this will be time for us time to time waste a little with passing football, otherwise after time we might generally fold as opposed to keep pushing.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,470
  • Days Won:  5

I am fearful of defeat, but I want the players to prove me wrong. Tomorrow could be a big game, fans will want to see a response.

• Content Count:  688
  • Days Won:  0

The start of the season seemed different in a good way, being undefeated for so long and that one game seems to have stung the players more, leading to the two collapsed defeats. Well, I hope Yeovil will be a different outcome.

I think Notts could win 2-0, if they work hard enough.

Will Ian Burchnall drop the "pretty football", in favour of a more gritty approach to get the job done.

Yeovil could be the turning point to get back to winning ways, or they could ruin another weekend. I think both teams are like that, as a neutral it could be a good game.

I'm predicting a 2-1 win, I can see Yeovil leading, and Notts pulling back level near the end of the first half. With the win coming for Notts at the 80th minute mark. 🤞🏻

Kyle Wootton is due a goal again. :D 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  368
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps Doyle on the bench..... Hopefully not starting..... Definitely a backwards step in my opinion.. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

Much needed win and thank god we got to play Yeovil when we did because they sounded pretty toothless. Probably should’ve scored more, but given the recent results I’m not complaining.

We really are quite a threat from set-pieces now, that’s another goal from a corner. Ruben had a good day, he’s back in goal-scoring form. And Cameron back too, I think he will have given everyone a boost going into that game.

Mini-crisis averted!

• Like 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,466
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Very important 3 points. Stops the rot. Cameron is vital to our chances of going up. There are no other leaders if he isn't fit.  

I think Kyle Cameron's return is a vital factor and, for a short moment I feared we might've lost Ciaran Brennan.

Also, despite Yeovil sounding incredibly poor, the positives of the win and clean sheet shouldn't be overlooked. I don't think right now any faults can be had, of course there's room for improvement but the win puts Notts back on track to some extent.

Charlie Slater mentioned that our start has been poor, without acknowledging that this is due to the 3 defeats in a row.

A bit negative that, in my eyes, after the last 4 games.

It's the form which hasn't been great, but after two defeats which we gave to our opponents - I think we need to avoid being too critical at this stage.

Ruben Rodrigues sounds like he's on fire right now, was it him Ian Burchnall mentioned 'he's been playing through pain' - re the broken ribs comment? Hopefully, whoever it was, that is not the case. Stockport County will be a test, but if we focus on the right things I am not too concerned.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,924
  • Days Won:  162

good win, hope notts can use it to build on. i dont think we can expect to be higher, we have to earn that with good results. i do think it shows how important kyle cameron is to the notts county defence, obviously its not all down to him. yeovil sounded poor, but its something to push on from.

Delighted that Notts got the win, it sounded like it could've been a Barnet type game with how poor Yeovil played.

I'm not bothered that the game ended 2-0, I would've been content with just the single goal.

The clean sheet is an added bonus, I hope Ian Burchnall can keep Ruben Rodrigues in form because we are a different type of team with him on fire, as is Cal Roberts and co.

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

I didn't get round to posting, but I thought a gritty, ugly 1-0 win would have done us a world of good, so I'm delighted with the result. It was just important to get back to winning ways and just get the basic things right again. Looking forward to seeing the highlights of this one!

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

Seeing out games is something I think the squad will get better at, what with players returning. Provided we keep a strong defence, I think the worries should be over. I am glad Notts managed to get the 2-0 win.

By all means it could've been more goals for Notts, but the job was done which is all that matters.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

Notts has to build on the clean sheet, there is goals in the squad but keeping the opposition out leads to more confidence going forward IMO.

Good result against Yeovil.