Reading FC interested in Luke Williams?

Piethagoram

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Not too concerned to be honest. They’re in a bit of mess for one thing and this Alan Nixon is the only one reporting it so far. His bio, behind a paywall, say’s he’s “Creating football stories”. Maybe it is just semantics but to me creating suggests you make something up. More if buts and maybes rather than reporting actual facts…

If it starts appearing on BBC Sport, NEP, Sky Sports, The Athletic etc then I’ll be a bit more concerned.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,506
  • Days Won:  287

I don't see it personally. LW has a chance to do great things with us, he had ample support from the board and a very thorough and dedicated backroom team. He knows he's onto a good thing.

We'll have to get used to this though ;)

• Like 8

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,367
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I doubt Luke Willimas will leave or want to leave, I also believe the board would put up more of a fight to retain him.

Personally, there's a lesson to be learned from Ian Burchnall's departure. He moved to a lower-ranking team that often struggled and blamed the fans for his departure. This was after they had given him the opportunity to have a successful career in England. Then again, I don't believe he would've taken us up in the manner of which Luke Williams has. This said, there's still things to be learned.

Reading aren't Forest Green Rovers, but could struggle with a new manager who would need to make an instant impact on the players and fans.

Honestly, I don't see him leaving anytime soon.

• Like 7

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Was wondering when stories like this might start appearing.

I feel like Luke Williams has love for Notts and has found a home here. Especially when he's achieved as much as he has in his first season in charge. 

He's gonna want to keep building a legacy with this team. Can't see him being interested in going elsewhere anytime soon. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

they can keep their hands off him, hes going nowhere. reading would be a difficult task for him, hes got everything here at his hands and a chance to improve further.

• Like 5

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

Managers who gain promotion usually only leave if they believe they will struggle or if the move is too good to turn down. Taking on a role at Reading would require much more work than what Luke Williams has had to do with Notts. It's realistic to think that it would take a lot for the board and club to allow him to leave. The difference between Burchnall and Williams is that one could be replaced without much fuss, while Williams would be much harder to replace at this level.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,789
  • Days Won:  27

Reading and other clubs can stay away; Luke Williams is a Magpie and he’ll remain one until we’ve made it back into League One or higher.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

Had we not gone up then I could have seen him leaving. But I believe that he already has his sights on winning with Notts next season.

• Like 7

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,557
  • Days Won:  9

I certainly hope that Luke Williams takes a look at what he has built here and then looks at Reading and realises that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. Within a few seasons, Notts could be playing League One football.

• Like 3

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,371
  • Days Won:  1

Reading will have to pay compensation for Luke Williams and if I were on the Notts board, I would set it quite high considering Williams’ achievements in such a short time. It could be the difference between back-to-back promotions or undoing all the progress that has been made. For the first time in many decades, I have faith in the club’s appointment process, but allowing Williams to leave while he’s still under contract could cause more harm than good.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  744
  • Days Won:  3

I wouldn’t worry about Luke Williams leaving for Reading. He seems to have his head screwed on right and surely he realises that the rapport he has with the players is the kind of special connection that can lead to bigger and better things. I would be more concerned if Macaulay Langstaff was linked to them.

• Like 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,409
  • Days Won:  69

This happens each year at the the end of season. Newspaper speculation involving most successful club's players and managers. The papers lead with articles about a noted player attracting attention from a more successful club or unrest,usually unfounded,from players.Different twists all aimed at selling papers or as click bait.There are hundreds of these reports involving all clubs up and down the country and at all levels.Most are made up drivel but it is in the nature of supporters to become worried when it concerns their own team.I would take most of these articles with a pinch of salt.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,961
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I tend to agree with @super_ram it’s just paper talk (he said with crossed fingers and toes). 😆🤞

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Reading are a mess. I wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot barge pole! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,514
  • Days Won:  15

Just to be clear, I’m not being entirely serious here, but if I were in charge of the club, I would definitely out-price teams that are unlikely to offer a decent transfer fee. If Reading wants Macaulay Langstaff, they better be prepared to cough up £30m. I wouldn’t let him go for anything less than £10m, but my price would be even higher just to put them off. Notts needs to offer him an extension halfway through next season, unless someone snaps him up for a silly fee first.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I don’t think Reading is attractive enough for Luke Williams to leave the club that has given him a solid start in football management. He’s a different character than Ian Burchnall, who probably wishes now that he had shown more loyalty to Notts. Williams seems happy and has a good rapport with the fans and players. On the back of a successful promotion and a fantastic season, why would he risk all of this to go manage Reading? It seems like a very risky gamble to me.

• Like 1

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,409
  • Days Won:  69

On 16/05/2023 at 22:29, Fan of Big Tone said:

I tend to agree with @super_ram it’s just paper talk (he said with crossed fingers and toes). 😆🤞

There is bound to be the occasional true report and like with Russian roulette we don't know where the bullet is.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

If Notts County were considering letting go of their manager to Reading, the only reason I can see would be if the club had their eyes on someone else and wanted to collect a compensation fee. However, it's clear that the board has realised they've found a real gem in their current manager. With a few more years of experience and another promotion under his belt, he could be exactly the type of leader the team has been missing since the 70s and 80s. The hope is that if Notts County can retain him, he can help take the team to a new level and make them a competitive force in the Championship. This is an exciting time for fans of the club, and it will be interesting to see how things develop in the coming months and years.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,169
  • Days Won:  3

I am firmly convinced that Luke Williams will not be enticed to leave our team for Reading. In my opinion, it would require a club in a more favourable position to lure him away. Despite Reading's status, I believe that Williams is committed to our club and it would take a truly exceptional offer to cause him to reconsider his future here. His loyalty and dedication to our team's growth are evident, and I have great faith in his continued presence with us.

• Like 1