Where have they gone? Missing PON members we need back!

Supporter+
7 hours ago, super_ram said:

I remember you posting a photo of George looking in wonderment at an insect or possibly a lizard when you were on holiday  @Fan of Big Tone

I was thinking more Art Garfunkel, @liampie

You’ve got a good memory @super_ram I did indeed, I can’t believe how he’s grown.

• Like 2

I'm new here but have been following this forum for seven years. I find the articles really helpful and interesting, and the discussions are also great. I'm impressed with how knowledgeable everyone is and I'm excited to start participating in the conversations. Despite being skeptical about football forums at first, I'm glad I decided to join in.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

You’ve got a good memory @super_ram I did indeed, I can’t believe how he’s grown.

Yes  @Fan of Big Tone,It stuck with me because of George's expression of wonder.I've also seen the look to camera, in your latest photo, from my grand kids.lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, liampie said:

@super_ram who? 😂

Thanks for reminding me how old I am   @liampie and apologies for forgetting how young you are.  Cheeky young whippersnapper.

I'd forgot that Simon and Garfunkel split up in 1970---53 years  ago. Doesn't time fly.

• Like 2

Supporter+
On 26/05/2023 at 23:46, super_ram said:

I remember you posting a photo of George looking in wonderment at an insect or possibly a lizard when you were on holiday  @Fan of Big Tone

I was thinking more Art Garfunkel, @liampie

How about Leo Sayer? @liampie won’t remember him either. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Supporter+
19 hours ago, super_ram said:

Yes  @Fan of Big Tone,It stuck with me because of George's expression of wonder.I've also seen the look to camera, in your latest photo, from my grand kids.lol

Found it @super_ram He’s looking at a tiny lizard poking its head out of a crevice in a fence.

George and lizard1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/05/2023 at 14:31, liampie said:

i am not just saying this because he returned, but i missed @Fan of Big Tone. i know how much he was missed by @super_ram, @GrannyPie and @Chris. im just glad that he is back!

@KB1862 is great when he has time, i know he will back when time allows. @TheCalFoster is another who comes and goes, but i like reading his thoughts. he always writes them in a way you can relate too, even if you dont agree or feel hes just upset. you can respect that.

@Riverleeno disappeared suddenly, he is also someone i liked to read their comments. i then think of when @MuddyPatchPie would pop on and contribute i thought she was great too.

@Cobby posts on the facebook group of pons, i wished he had time for the site. even @magpiejue i looked forward to seeing her replies and miss them when she does not come on. so many wonderful people that makes the pon community. even one comment a week would be nice to see. :) 

I'm still here, I'm gonna try and be about more starting from now.. Feel free to drop me a follow on twitter @thecalfoster as well & if I'm slacking on here give me a shout & say oi Cal where are you?

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I joined PON when I was 13. I remember introducing myself and being greeted by @ARLukomski, whose YouTube channel I watch. I’m not sure why I stopped posting. It might have been due to having other things going on in my life, but I have read every newsletter sent out. I decided to log back in and now that I’m older, I feel I have missed it. I bet nobody remembers me, but it’s good to be back. 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Supporter+
2 minutes ago, Blake said:

I joined PON when I was 13. I remember introducing myself and being greeted by @ARLukomski, whose YouTube channel I watch. I’m not sure why I stopped posting. It might have been due to having other things going on in my life, but I have read every newsletter sent out. I decided to log back in and now that I’m older, I feel I have missed it. I bet nobody remembers me, but it’s good to be back. 😂

It’s good to have you back onboard @Blake good to see you joining in.

• Like 4

@Blake I remember you joining. :)

The newsletters have always been something I tried to commit to, as they are important, and I am glad you read them. If this is part of what made you return, it tells me to find more time for them which is in my plans. Welcome back!

• Like 4

Supporter+
2 hours ago, DeadlyMacca said:

I used to go by the name DeadlyDennis, but I have since changed it to Macca. Both @NottsTastic and @KingWilliams suggested that I get involved. It was frustrating to watch Kristian Dennis struggle to play, only to leave once he finally got his chance. However, the club is in a much better state now.

Welcome back @DeadlyMacca I hope you can keep your new username for a long time to come. 🤞

• Like 5

Supporter+
1 minute ago, TheSkipper said:

@Fan of Big Tone I think the same can be applied to @KingWilliams. The longer we retain our best players and manager, the further Notts should progress. I don’t think Williams will lose the dressing room; he’s too captivating for that.

Welcome back @DeadlyMacca.

Indeed, that’s the slight worry when choosing a username of a current player or manager you know at some point you will have to choose another, at least being @TheSkipper you only have to change your picture and of course I can keep mine forever having chosen a past hero. 😂

• Like 6

It’s great to see so many new and old faces getting involved just before the season starts. There’s a lot of potential, and I have enjoyed reading the site. The discussions and content are spot on. I hope more old faces return.

• Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2023 at 21:19, Chris said:

@yelobeli came out of nowhere. I actually thought he was a new member as I didn't recall his username, but I was surprised to see 2016 as their joined date.

I think I'd forgotten I was ever a member!  I live 3.5 hours away. I've got back into going to games over the last 18 months since my Mum died and I've been up in Notts to see my Dad every couple of weeks.  He's about to move to Suffolk to be near me, but now that I've got back into the habit...  Plus my daughter starts at Notts Uni in September, so I can combine seeing football with seeing her.  May even drag her to a game.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, yelobeli said:

I think I'd forgotten I was ever a member!  I live 3.5 hours away. I've got back into going to games over the last 18 months since my Mum died and I've been up in Notts to see my Dad every couple of weeks.  He's about to move to Suffolk to be near me, but now that I've got back into the habit...  Plus my daughter starts at Notts Uni in September, so I can combine seeing football with seeing her.  May even drag her to a game.

Sorry to read about your mum, @GrannyPie (my mum) died in February, and it's a difficult thing to overcome. It's good that you are managing to get to see your dad, though.

It's positive that you are getting back into Notts, not because of PON but for family reasons.

Let's hope we have a good season again. :D

You may make a fan out of your daughter! All the best to you.

• Like 2