Ed Francis joins Gateshead

Piethagoram

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,469
  • Days Won:  15

I'm glad that Ed Francis has found a club like Gateshead to restart his journey. He could make a significant impact for them, and I wish him all the best.

• Like 9

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,704
  • Days Won:  36

Good luck to the lad, he’s a decent player who could make a big difference to them. Needs to bulk up a bit though as he is too lightweight in my eyes.

• Like 11

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

Good move for him, he should get the regular football he needs to kick on. 

• Like 10

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It's not a bad move for either club or player, Ed Francis should continue to get game time and Gatehead have a youngish player that has plenty of time to make further strides. I honestly believe he needed a fresh start, so I hope he has found a team in which he can do this,

• Like 11

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

it would be nice to think that ed francis has found somewhere he enjoys playing football and that appreciates him, unfortunately we out grew him but he could have been a bigger player for us. i think he lost that spark when michael doyle and ian burchnall left. good luck to him!

• Like 9

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

It's always tough to see a talented player like Ed Francis leave the club, but at the end of the day, it's a business and these things happen. It's great to see him get the opportunity to continue his career at Gateshead and we wish him all the best. He'll always be remembered for his contributions to the club and we'll be cheering him on from afar.

• Like 7

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,303
  • Days Won:  28

He should get more game time for them which will help his career too.

• Like 8

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  419
  • Days Won:  1

I think Ed Francis will take this and use it to mature himself further to show that he has the ability to do well. I hope he manages to find himself playing in the Football League. Until then, I hope he enjoys playing for Gateshead.

• Like 9

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I wish the young midfielder all the best with his move to Gateshead. I hope he keeps finding time to improve and enjoy his football.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

It is expected that Ed Francis will perform at a higher level in Gateshead. Although I would have liked to have him on the team, we require players with more advanced skills.

• Like 9

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,733
  • Days Won:  27

I would like to extend my best wishes to Ed Francis as he embarks on new journey with. Ed has been a perfectly fine midfielder for our club, showcasing his skills and contributing to our success on the pitch. While it is always a bittersweet moment when a player and club part ways, I understand that this is a part of our ever-evolving football landscape. I wholeheartedly acknowledge that Ed requires the opportunity to grow and develop further as a player, and valuable game time will play a pivotal role in his ascent So, here's wishing Ed Francis all the very best in his new endeavor at Gateshead, and may he continue to flourish on and off the field! 

• Like 7

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Days Won:  2

Good luck to Ed at Gateshead. I always felt he gave his all for us and it was a shame to see him leave, but it was time for both parties. He needs to be playing regularly and I can’t see him competing with what we have.

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  741

I think they’re a good match for each other, Gateshead will need players with potential that will improve with regular game time. Ed Francis needs a club where he can settle down and help them climb up the table. I’m happy for Ed!

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,096

Best of luck to Ed. He performed admirably in his first season and decently thereafter. Although he was somewhat lacking in physicality, it was nothing that experience couldn’t have remedied. However, I don’t believe he progressed at the same pace as the rest of the team.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  101

Gateshead have signed a cracking midfielder who will only improve with them. I hope both the team and Ed can push on from here. Good luck to him!

• Like 4

• Content Count:  905
  • Days Won:  3

Yes, I think moving to Gateshead is a good decision for Ed Francis. I wish him all the best on his journey and hope that one day he will reach his full potential and we can say that he achieved everything we thought he was capable of.

• Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Days Won:  5

Ed Francis is an excellent fit for Gateshead. They have a proven track record of getting the best out of players with potential, and I think this move is the best decision he could have made. I wish he could have been a bigger player here, but it’s just not the case at the moment.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,355
  • Days Won:  1

Gateshead will take good care of Ed Francis. I hope he does well for them and I’ll be keeping an eye on his progress.

• Like 1

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,519
  • Days Won:  9

I think Ed will start to figure out what works best for him and make strides towards improving his game. Moving to a new club can be helpful in this regard - the disappointment of being released can provide motivation to push forward to the next stage of your career.