Our Out of Contract Players: Stay or Go?

menzinho

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

Rodrigues, O’Brien, Cameron and Nemane were offered their deals a few weeks ago and it’s all gone quiet. I suspect we’ll hear something in the coming week but what are your gut feelings about who is staying and who is going? 

I’m going to say 2 go and 2 stay. Ruben and Nemane moving on (and up). Cameron and O’Brien staying.

What do you think?

• Like 13

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

I think only Ruben Rodrigues will go, but if you believe all the gossip sites, we have increased offers for each of these players. Ruben is off to Ipswich, not Derby, via paddle boat. I don’t see him staying now, but I think Aaron Nemane will stick it out and sign a new one-year deal. Kyle Cameron is being offered the first 3-year deal and Jim O’Brien is being given a rolling year deal.

• Like 11

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with @menzinho. I don’t think we will lose our captain and certainly not to Stockport County. Jim O’Brien will almost certainly sign a new deal. Rumours say he’s been travelling to Ireland and Scotland to spend time with his family. I think Aaron Nemane owes us nothing and will see any real interest as a temptation. He deserves a chance to play at a higher level. Likewise with Ruben Rodrigues, you can almost certainly feel it’s slowly happening.

• Like 6

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Ruben Rodrigues I now believe will be leaving, Ipswich bound? Who knows...

Aaron Nemane I think will stay, he waited to break into the Notts squad and I think he could be a major asset if he stays. An asset which I don't think would transfer well if he was to make a move to the likes of Portsmouth, where he may need to wait for his chance and time to feature regularly again. I have zero belief that Kyle Cameron will go elsewhere. I had heard that Jim O'Brien was returning, but it's something which I hope is incorrect.

I want to see his time at Notts come full circle, from trying to fight for our Football League status to returning it with interest.

• Like 9

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i have prepared myself for if all leave, but i think we still have the chance of retaining 3 of them. i think they only way ruben stays here is if the money is a lot lower higher up than he thought. i think the rest will sign.

• Like 6

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  381
  • Days Won:  0

I hope everyone but Ruben signs, I would be gutted if Aaron Nemane left. I think Kyle Cameron and Jim O’Brien will want to have another go at promotion for sure. They are both quality players and leaders on the pitch.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  731
  • Days Won:  3

I don’t know, I’m worried that only Kyle Cameron will sign. I wonder if Jim O’Brien will have thought he could retire and spend more time with his family. He is a great player and a leader, but maybe he feels he has done enough for the club. I hope he stays but I respect his decision either way.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  455
  • Days Won:  2

I hope that Kyle Cameron and Jim O’Brien sign, I think it’s 50/50 with Aaron Nemane and most likely 80% against us with Ruben Rodrigues. I think it will be a League One team that he signs for, not sure it will be Derby though. Do you think we have any chance of keeping him or convincing him to come back?

• Like 6

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Days Won:  17

I don't want any of them to go. Think they should stay and have a go at back to back promotions. Ruben's always said he's happy at Notts. Grass isn't always greener. COYP

• Like 4

• Content Count:  868

I believe everyone except Ruben Rodrigues will sign. Can you imagine what would happen if all four players re-signed? For those who desperately wanted him to stay, just remember that it may come with increased wages. So please don’t complain if he has an average game, provided he does stay!

• Like 5

• Content Count:  1,086
  • Days Won:  2

I am hoping that all players will sign, but realistically, I believe only Kyle Cameron and Jim O’Brien will do so. Aaron Nemane and Ruben Rodrigues are both reportedly attracting serious interest from clubs that would be difficult for any League Two player to turn down.

• Like 6

• Content Count:  553
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

I think Aaron Nemane may listen to offers, but I hope he decides to stay because he’s young enough to attract further interest if he has another good season. Kyle Cameron and Jim O’Brien are very much Notts. If either left, I would be disappointed and hurt by it unless Jim decided to retire. At this stage, I think Ruben Rodrigues is more than likely off.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

At this stage, I think whatever happens, happens. I think the captain should be the first to commit. I do feel he will, but it should be sooner. Before going away, if he felt his heart was at Meadow Lane then the deal should have been struck and then announced at a later date.

Edited by BESTpie
  • Like 2

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

So, we just have Aaron Nemane and Kyle Cameron left to sign on from the renewals. What’s the likelihood of Nemane leaving the same day Cameron is announced as staying?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  419

Only two to go then. I hope both Aaron Nemane and Kyle Cameron agree to new deals. Both would be vital parts of the squad going into League Two. However, I have a feeling Nemane will leave, but Cameron should stay.