Home shirt sponsors revealed

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Not much of a glimpse at the new design though, we know it hasn’t got a collar.

Looks like it might be broad stripes too.

• Like 13

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Hmm, red. But at least it isn't as ugly as last season's. Going by that picture, it looks like we're having a plain white back as well. 

• Like 5

• Content Count:  4,719
  • Days Won:  27

The back resembles a Derby shirt. I hope the front has more and thicker stripes than we’ve seen in recent years. I don’t mind a plain white back, but I wish we had a more traditional shirt.

• Like 12

• Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i dont care that the sponsor on the back is red, tho its nice to see a glimpse of the shirt. it does not reveal much at all.

• Like 9

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  467
  • Days Won:  5

It really doesn’t bother me that the sponsors name is in red. Totally unnecessary having a meltdown over it, especially as they are putting money into our club. I’m grateful to them for the sponsorship deal. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  10,759
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I agree with @liampie and @MuddyPatchPie who cares if the lettering is red, it’s only a colour, in the grand scheme of things the support from Pye Auctions is much more important than the colour of their logo.

• Like 9

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Boring.... Nothing to see here. 😇

Nothing To See Here GIF by South Park

I like the partnership, but I don't like teasing the shirt in order to get clicks on the sponsor article. If fans are having a meltdown because some red appears on the back, we've been here before and really, it's nothing.

When we had the comedy club sponsor, I understood where fans were coming from with that.

Yet not this, it's just petty as always.

• Like 9

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Sponsor being in red really has caused a meltdown on socials. I don't get it tbf, it's just a sponsor in red. As long as the partnerships good and kit is nice it really doesn't matter about a bit of red writing. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Chris said:

When we had the comedy club sponsor, I understood where fans were coming from with that.

The comedy club sponsor was very apt, especially THAT season. 

• Haha 3

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  224
  • Days Won:  1

Some fans are talking about starting an appeal to get it changed! How sad, just a little bit of writing in red. If it were more prominent or ruined the shirt, I might feel differently, but this is just silly. I’m thankful for the money as we can put it to good use.

• Like 9

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  868

I have no issue with the sponsor. Ladbrokes had red in their logo, but what matters is the design of the shirt itself. I can accept a little bit of red; it’s not as if the white stripes have been replaced with red. The club has gained promotion after spending four years in the National League, and some people are being mardy over a sponsor’s red text.

• Like 9

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,961
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The ultimate case of trolling, with the joke being on us.

meetthefans.png

@DangerousSausage I have been tempted to locate a font similar to 'Jongleurs' but despite it being funny to replace it with Notts County. I didn't think many would see the humour in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  731
  • Days Won:  3

I don’t understand the complaints. It’s just a slight bit of red, and there have been numerous times when sponsors have had it. Nobody complained when the British Heart Foundation had their patch on our shirts.

• Like 6

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  15

I would understand the complaints if a logical and rational reason could be given, other than the colour red. Those complaining are probably the first to suck up to Forest when we’re getting loan players from them, and then the first to call them out when we don’t. It’s not a reason to be upset, and if these fans choose not to buy the shirt because a sponsor has red text, then so be it. Plenty of others will. I can’t imagine hearing a valid argument as to why it shouldn’t be on our shirt. It’s unconnected to Forest; it’s just a colour. What’s the big deal?

• Like 7

It just seems a bit unnecessary @allardyces tash, we play in black and white and sponsors with bright colours cheapen the look of the shirt. A red sponsor and a gold trim would just look a bit naff in my opinion.

I've just seen a mock-up with the sponsor's text in white on a black rectangle, it's very visible yet it blends in with the shirt very well. I'm hoping it'll be something like that, with the red text restricted to the back of the shirt. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,053
  • Days Won:  54

That picture really is a teaser, doesn't give much away at all. 

I'm not worried about the red, purposely show that bit first so the fans think the worst and then get all the plaudits when the John Pye text colour on the front matches our badge or is black/white! They altered their colours for the cricket shirts to tie-in so I'm sure they've done it with us too... 😬😨

• Like 7

3 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

It just seems a bit unnecessary @allardyces tash, we play in black and white and sponsors with bright colours cheapen the look of the shirt. A red sponsor and a gold trim would just look a bit naff in my opinion.

That sounds very well and fair. However, it seems like you would accept it for what it is.

My point is that those who campaign to change it are being typically negative just because of a little bit of red text.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It's the close season @allardyces tash, people are looking for things to talk or get outraged about. I thought last season's shirts left a lot to desire, so I didn't buy one. But then the actual football starts and you move on. These people will too.

I draw the line at white shorts though. We've worn them for three seasons since we switched to black and white. We got relegated twice, and the other season was our worst league finish to date. Nope.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,449
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

I know a lot of Notts fans like to find something to whine about, but this isn’t one of them. We should be more bothered by the actual release of the shirts and the fact that the club extended a 5-year deal with a company that treats us fans as if we don’t matter. Not a paying sponsor, because this could put others off. It might make sponsors who don’t have red in their logo or name rethink if this is the type of fan base they want to associate with. It’s pathetic.

These fans need to think about the important things, like the fact that we still exist and have good owners, etc. Not anything minor to make a molehill out of.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

• Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  2

I am as anti-Forest as one can be, but even I find this complaint to be ridiculous. It’s not intruding; it’s a paying sponsor and it’s red on text. The logo isn’t horrible, it’s not all over, and most people will forget about it.

If the logo were bigger, uglier, and more distracting, I might have a different opinion. However, who are we to ask a paying sponsor to either change their chosen colour or cancel any current or future agreements due to the use of red? It makes Notts look like a laughing stock.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, DangerousSausage said:

people are looking for things to talk or get outraged about.

I understand that people will want to talk about it and that points of view will differ. However, I stand by my comments that complaining about some small red text on the back of the shirt is pointless. If fans are actively looking to be outraged, then they are just as bad as those who are overly sensitive. i.e woke and Karen types.

• Like 3

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  3,502
  • Days Won:  9

I don’t mind that the shirt has a little bit of red on it from one of the sponsors. If it was dominant or ugly, I might see the point of being vocal against it, but having seen the teaser, it’s nothing to get wound up about. If people continue to complain, they need to get in touch with someone to help them.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  419

If you asked me for my honest opinion, I would say that some people take serial complaining too far. It’s exactly what’s wrong with the world. There’s little thanks, even fewer focus on the right things, but it’s acceptable to find something trivial and latch onto it.

It’s not the end of the world. Does it ruin the shirt? No, not really. I can understand that some may not want a certain sponsor due to political reasons, but a colour? Seriously? It’s madness.

• Like 3

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,885
  • Days Won:  5

I think it’s about time the club showed us the full shirt. There’s a rumoured one going around on social media which might be it, but I think it’s important for the club to reveal them now. I think it’s unfair for them to expect us to wait until closer to when Puma will deliver them; drumming up interest now might make people more open to buying them in advance.

• Like 1