Adam Summerton on League 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,771
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Adam Summerton gives his view of who will be promoted from league 2. 
Do you agree?

• Like 14

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,900
  • Days Won:  162

bradford city, tranmere rovers and mk dons all have better chances than grimsby. at least in my opinion.

i think stockport will be a little slower to pick up from last season but will do well. us and wrexham should be up there for sure.

• Like 10

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  210
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I think all the teams mentioned have a good chance of being in the running for promotion. There are a few other good squads, and we can’t underestimate an Accrington-type team on a lower budget doing well. It’s going to be an interesting return to League Two.

• Like 9

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Days Won:  2

I think all four teams have a good chance of promotion. With three automatic promotion spots in League Two, it does make promotion easier. I’m hopeful that Notts can secure one of those positions, as the playoffs would be a big gamble.

• Like 7

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Piethagoram Plus are seeking to sign Andy Dallas, who could be front line goalscorer.

I think there's 8 strong contenders to do well, with maybe 6 of those being able to form a title challenge for the most part of the season. I would be surprised if one team runs away with the league, by Christmas and the New Year, I do think it will be only a matter of 3-5 points that devides the top 4 teams. It's going to be really interested.

From our perspective, we need to pick up points home and away and fight for every 3 points that we can. Avoding dropping them due to our own mistakes.

• Like 14

• Content Count:  69

League Two will be interesting to follow, with teams’ positions being assessed every 5 games. Those who maintain form should be in it for the long term. I hope Notts can secure a top place, as finishing 1st-5th would keep the excitement high.

• Like 3

• Followers:  9
  • Content Count:  2,460
  • Days Won:  15

Form and performance will determine teams’ success. Having a large budget can backfire, but I expect most of the teams that have been mentioned to be in the running. I wouldn’t write off Bradford City; they have a good manager and can overcome setbacks. I do think Notts will be in the running for another successful season.

• Like 8

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,725
  • Days Won:  27

I think League One and Two will be the exciting divisions to watch. I don’t think the National League will be anywhere near as interesting. The Championship seems very basic on paper; it would be nice for a struggling team to do well. Maybe even see the likes of Sheffield Wednesday up there, but with them sacking Darren Moore, I don’t see it happening.

• Like 7

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,442
  • Days Won:  287

Stockport and Gillingham are ambitious, and Bradford and Mansfield will be there or thereabouts too. Wrexham are absolutely nailed on for the top seven at least. There might be more promotion spots, but the league seems quite a bit more competitive than it was when we left it.

I'm less sure about the teams coming down. The franchise have money but haven't made any eye-catching signings yet, and Accrington still have their long-serving manager who will hopefully steady the ship. 

• Like 10

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

Its too early to say really, we need to see how we play against the teams.

• Like 1

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  5

As @KingWilliams mentioned, the playoffs can be a risky gamble. Hoping Notts secures a place in the top three.

• Like 7

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  171

It's notable how Gillingham seems to be heavily investing in their squad, that could tilt things in their favour.

• Like 5

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,455
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

It’s going to be interesting. I like when the league is competitive because it brings out the best in teams and this makes us have to work harder to succeed. I think the fact that we have the right type of players, they will respond to other clubs that are winning and want to go that extra bit further to secure a higher position. It’s going to be fun!

• Like 7

• Content Count:  874
  • Days Won:  1

I believe that until the season is underway, no one knows what will happen. We had a good squad on paper when we were relegated, perhaps lacking in pace and defensive minds, but if it weren’t for AH, Notts might have stayed afloat. This could happen to Gillingham if they spend beyond their means or to any number of teams.

• Like 4

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I would be inclined to agree, but I can see some teams struggling to perform in the playoff zone, such as Mansfield. They have a good manager and team, but inconsistency does hit them at times. I think after the seasons they have had, they may just become an average team with everyone else advancing. I also feel Wrexham may struggle; I haven’t heard a lot of news from them regarding signings.

• Like 4

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,766
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

May I soften the positivity somewhat on here! Actually Wrexham may find it harder against better defenders in EFL2, with their more direct style of play

Simalarily, Notts "defence" was statistically the 2nd worse in the whole NL , given that we were out of possession just 30% of the time. Our central defence needs strengthening , especially now with the injury to Baldwin. 

• Like 3

• Content Count:  101

What stands out for me in this discussion is how tight the competition for promotion seems to be. Everybody has mentioned different teams with good chances, which goes on to show the depth of talent in the league. I also agree with the sentiment that we can't underestimate any team. Accrington's performance, given their lower budget, is a prime example of this. 

• Like 5

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  618

It's encouraging to see the confidence in Notts securing one of the three automatic promotion spots. I share this optimism, yet also echo the sentiment that relying on playoffs could be a gamble, one that might not pay off. Therefore, a solid strategy from the get-go should be to aim for the top spots. 

• Like 4

• Content Count:  558
  • Days Won:  4
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Retro_Pie

It's intriguing to see the various opinions about who has a chance for promotion. I concur with the majority that Bradfrod City, Tranmere Rovers, and MK Dons do seem to have a strong chance. Watching their progress and the strategies they adopt will be interesting. A lot hinges on not just team strength but also how they react to pressure in the face of stiff competition.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  741
  • Days Won:  2

Trajectories in football can be highly unpredictable, with underdogs often putting up a good fight. Reading all your estimations has been fascinating. I agree that a little consideration should be given to teams that have invested in their squads, such as Gillingham. 

• Like 2

• Content Count:  17

I think all teams he has mentioned their all are top top teams who have the quality to get out of this league. Their are also teams that haven't been mentioned such as Gillingham. 

This league is another really tough one and we can't take any team for granted 

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,343

Much of the fun in anticipating the upcoming football season comes from discussions such as this one. The range of teams and players being analysed serves as a thrilling preliminary guide to expectations revolving around the League Two scenarios. 

The implicit and explicit factors influencing games and points gathered are multitudinous, and it's fascinating how these can be manipulated or capitalised upon by different teams. For instance, the heavy investment in playing budget by Gillingham, this could be a strategic move that catapults them into a favourable position in the standings. Alternatively, it may prove to be an overcompensation that doesn't yield the expected returns.

• Like 1